Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Steel? or just blagging it?

+6
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
RangersDave
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bob, you can't change the world on here.

You're not the first to vent your frustrations of the world on here though and no doubt there will be others in the future but whatever it is you or anyone else may want to put right with right with the world it simply can't be done on here.

I know the world is unfair, I've suffered both personally and career wise for doing 'the right thing' when looking the other way would have been much more beneficial to me - and known it to be so - yet still stood up when it mattered.

Was that noble of me or downright suicidal, probably a bit of the first and a whole lot of the latter but I still had to do it, that's how I am.  I went into it with my eyes open and was fully aware of the consequences to myself (and as a knock on, my family too) but I still did what I had to do.

To this day I don't regret it, what's that's saying, 'it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees...

My point being that the events could have left me bitter and twisted against the world and I was determined that wasn't going to happen to me either.

Neither though did I wish to become an evangelist of sort, trying to change the world because of it, to justify and give validity to what I had done and all that I had lost for doing so, I did it because it was the right thing to do and although the consequences were not going to be pleasant for me I still preferred it to living with myself and knowing I couldn't stand up for what mattered to me when I needed to.

All the money and success in the world are meaningless when you no longer value yourself - at least to me.

I don't expect or demand that others do the same, I live in a world where I know most/nearly all of them wouldn't, that does mean they are bad people simply that they see things differently to me, who am I to say they are wrong and that I am right, isn't it just a value, a belief a credo you have that means something to you that others simply don't share?

A little while after my father had died I was talking to my mam and asked how she really was and she told me something that sticks with me to this day.  She said that no matter what her heartache is that people don't want to listen to it, it makes them uncomfortable, it's not what they want to talk about, it  is pleasant for them.  They were all sympathetic when my dad died, obviously, but two, three months later they had moved on, and if my mother wanted to have a semblance of a normal life again she had to leave her anguish and grief at the doorstep when she went out and return to what her life really was when she returned.  

That was life, that was reality.

Who cares if you did the right thing or not, who cares if people admire you for what you did or that it was just plain stupid in their eyes, you do it for yourself but you still live in the world with everybody else just the same.

The world is unfair, the planet is being ruined and people all over the world are abused and exploited, you, me or anyone else is going to change that from posting on here, they just come to Nuts for a bit of fun and not to be told they are thick and ignorant because the don't see life the same way as you do.

Have a vent by all means, lampoon them if you want, give as good as you get and everything else that you would say and do on the terraces or down the pub but leave it at that, know when to leave the anguish and grief of the injustices  of the world at home, or at least have your say and move on, as isn't that what life is anyway?

Bonce, I understand it not being a pleasure to log in, I experienced the same, in fact if it wasn't for the fact that the virus tied me to home I'd be gone from here, I'd already said my goodbye behind the scenes.

Nuts is a mixed bag of oddballs and that's what I like about it, it isn't everybody singing from the same hymnbook and upsets and feuds are plentifully but usually kept just about in bounds for most of the time.  

It's fun to me - but that just as I see it.

It doesn't mean that is how others see it, each come on here for their own reasons and as long as we can accept them or work our way around them then life on here is sweet, clearly it hasn't been sweet on here for you recently, and fwiw I'm sorry for that.

I can imagine you have worries away from the forum with your mum and what's happening in and around Warrington right now and not even being able to get to the Reebok every now and again for something different to be doing from the normal.

I don't want you to leave, I don't think anyone does including Bob but you've got to do what you've got to do, I understand that as well.

I do hope you might reconsider and come back and laugh with us all again, it's only words on the internet when all said and done isn't it?

Do they really matter that much to spoil your fun with the rest of us?

A fly in the ointment maybe isn't ideal but better the ointment and the fly than no ointment at all when you need it?

There maybe a few flies in my  ointment when I log into Nuts but I push them away, flick at a few, laugh at one in particular and think fuck 'em, life is nowt but a bag of Revels apparently!

I do hope you return and soon but if not the place will be much worse off for you leaving and you will be greatly missed by all of us (maybe not by Bob so much!).  We thank you for all the fun you've given us over the years and we hope too that you and your love ones stat safe and well.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mr Pig, for the ring-piece to say you are disrespectful of the elderly is rubbish, and a very poor attempt at winding you up. I'm an old fart, and I've never had reason to query your views about old sods. I Wouldn't be surprised to find he is Sluffy's alter ego though :bomb:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy. I've really missed Nuts while I've been away.(about 26 minutes) I could easily ignore Bob, but that would be no fun. As I've said on another thread, he's just as much right to post as any of us have.
But he seems to be fighting battles that have already been won or lost.
Anderson is in the past, Vince is just another business man using the system to his advantage. That's how it goes.
If Bob is real, and I'm sure, without evidence to the contrary, he is, he must have lived an interesting life. And, from reading some of his other posts, he's not lacking in a sense of humour.
If he could get off his  Vince hobbyhorse, and engage on some of the more pressing topics, I'm sure people would be more open to listening.
I'm not one for banning people, unless the circumstances merit it, and placing a gag over the mouth of someone who disagrees with you is only a short term solution.
Bob is what he is, real or not, ignore him, laugh at him, engage with him, agree with him. It's all a game.
You and I know the score, Sluffy, we've had our disagreements, on more than one subject, and, although heated at times, I think we've abstained from outright abuse.
Sometimes people just won't agree, even after one has lost the argument, the other gets it into his/her head that the opposite is true. Such is the human condition.
I'm hoping the only argument taking place on here in the new year is how many points we're going to win the league by.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think you are sometimes too considerate for your own good, Sluffy. I know the lynch mob won't dissolve but there's still some mileage in Vincegate.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Mr Pig, for the ring-piece to say you are disrespectful of the elderly is rubbish, and a very poor attempt at winding you up. I'm an old fart, and I've never had reason to query your views about old sods. I Wouldn't be surprised to find he is Sluffy's alter ego though :bomb:
https://www.google.com/search?q=dopey+snow+white&rlz=1C1CHBD_en-GBGB808GB808&oq=dopey&aqs=chrome.4.69i57j0i20i263i433i457j0i433j0i20i263j0l4.5019j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least Glos can post a link properly nine bob you moron  :rofl:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I think you are sometimes too considerate for your own good, Sluffy. I know the lynch mob won't dissolve but there's still some mileage in Vincegate.Sheffield Steel?   or just blagging it? - Page 2 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47w53jcxv11j167u8935ipr57m2a5fr7b0j26d6e9d&rid=giphy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have an idea, why don't we all put nine bob on our foes list so none of us see his posts? The penny might drop then hopefully  :pray:

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I have an idea, why don't we all put nine bob on our foes list so none of us see his posts? The penny might drop then hopefully  :pray:
If you ever had an idea you’d be dangerous.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I have an idea, why don't we all put nine bob on our foes list so none of us see his posts? The penny might drop then hopefully  :pray:

I was actually thinking this earlier Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I was actually thinking this earlier Very Happy 
Come on fellas, who's up for this?  Twisted Evil

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just done it. Hope Bob doesn't fall down a hole.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I've just done it. Hope Bob doesn't fall down a hole.
Such a big day for Boncey and 'the gang'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8RCFqwv8wg

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see it, but I appreciate the effort.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dear God you are all acting like miffed little kids ffs!

I feel a bit like the kindergarten teachers they asked after the Trump v Biden presidential debate on how they would have dealt with those two big kids!

About time we started acting like grown ups again isn't it?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Dads bigger than your Dad Sluffy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:My Dads bigger than your Dad Sluffy

He might well be but I know my dad would say 'why are you wasting your time on that lot?' and I begin to wonder why myself sometimes!

I guess the answer is because if I didn't things would probably get worse.

And sometimes least said is soonest mended and I try to pull things back before they go too far.

Whether you are a blockhead or a genius this is all we've got, otherwise we'd be someplace more to our liking already.  

We aren't all the same we don't all think the same but the challenge if you will is to steer yourself around the forum making whatever it is what you want to say whilst accepting (maybe reluctantly) that people have the right not think it is important or relevant in their life's and if they choose to live in ignorance or consider themselves to be the best thing since sliced bread, then that's up to them.

And why get het up in the least if they do?

You getting worked up about it isn't going to change anything is it?

Nearly 25 years ago since my dad died, I still miss him.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any news on Vincegate, whatever that is? Bob says there's lot's of life in in yet. Stand by your beds.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know you indulge ten bob but he is genuinely unpopular on here and yes he does push my buttons in a major way. I'm going to do my best to ignore him if he continues as he is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum