Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Birthday Ten Bob

+4
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 09:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyway its my birthday today. I'm not 67 but I could easily pass for it.
The postman's not been yet but there's a large collection of cards in the hall waiting to be opened. The garden looks magnificent with the acers especially coming to their very best.

And thanks to wanderlust for drawing my attention to Portugal Vineyards. I'm expecting my first case of wine any day now.

Happy Birthday Bob, hope you have a great day and your bottles of wine arrive so you can celebrate the Bolton win today!

:birthday:

2Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 10:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Happy Birthday Bob, hope you have a great day and your bottles of wine arrive so you can celebrate the Bolton win today!

:birthday:
Thanks Sluffy. Don't tell the Vince lovers but we'll be having ribeye steak later. I'll have to get out a nice red to go with it.

Wanderers against Oldham  in Division 4. What a come down but never mind onwards and upwards.

I'll be looking out for Morecambe too. Had a chat with a Shrimps fan a few weeks ago."Made a decent start", I said to him. "Yeah got a very good manager", he said.

They got hammered 5-0 at home that afternoon and then 7-0 to Newcastle a few days later but they've recovered well, won at Oldham last week and are now top of the league.

Good set of fans at Morecambe. Went to Wembley with them when they won their place in the Football League in 2007.

3Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 15:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off nine bob and take your shit elsewhere before we lose anymore good posters like glos and xmiles.

Happy birthday my arse!

4Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 16:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Fuck off nine bob and take your shit elsewhere before we lose anymore good posters like glos and xmiles.

Happy birthday my arse!
Deary me. You really do have problems.

5Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 16:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I second Norpig, fuck off you boring fucker.

6Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 16:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you're going on block now nine bob, bye!

7Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:02

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:I second Norpig, fuck off you boring fucker.
Poor old Sluffy. I feel sorry for you pal but just look at what you've really been left with on this site. 
Nice decent people? I don't think so.

8Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Poor old Sluffy. I feel sorry for you pal but just look at what you've really been left with on this site. 
Lots left because of you, you are a one man wrecking ball for this site, if Sluffy really is bothered about his site, you'd have been fucked off yonks back.

9Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Lots left because of you, you are a one man wrecking ball for this site, if Sluffy really is bothered about his site, you'd have been fucked off yonks back.

Well although most people don't seem to think so I've always done the best for the site but as the saying goes maybe I've tried too hard to 'cast pearls before swine' (not that I'm suggesting anybody of here are swine).

I just wanted an open forum where we can have a laugh and people could chat and have views on anything they want but not abused or hounded for doing so. I wanted a forum that wasn't vile and ignorant such as the Bolton News comments section but one where you can be reasonably civil to each other, have a disagreement if you must BUT virtually shake hands and move on from it.

I wanted a friendly forum, a happy forum even if we lost/got relegated, a place were you wanted to come for a laugh for a cry, for whatever but a place to escape the real world for five minutes or so.

Seems I was a bit naive about social media still though because as I've had to deal with avoiding being usurped twice, power grabs behind the scenes, internet vendettas, having to deal with posters with clear mental health issues, anger, hatred abuse, strops, people throwing tantrums, fake accounts, forum lynching party's, and about everything else under the Sun but for what it is worth most of us are still here.

A bit of an achievement I think under those circumstances, at least I thought so.

Still I clearly haven't pleased everyone have I!

I've given my explanations publicly why I would hope Bob and the rest of us could get along, clearly I've failed there.

I've also faced a bit of a revolt with the other two Admin and I've given them further information on why I KNOW the xmiles is a fake account (as defined if you will with a poster on here operating more than one account).

I've also given what can be more or less seen to be my resignation also.

It's not a threat it isn't me saying keep Bob and xmiles can't come back or I go, it's more the practicality of things that will bound to happen as a consequence of events that will follow and quite frankly I'm not prepared to face such shit.

Fwiw it seems clear to me that Bob doesn't want to tolerate the rest of us and refuses to bite his tongue to do so and perhaps a little break between the two of us is in order (but not today on his birthday) and in respect of the xmiles account I say once again I'm not prepared to be targeted and trolled, least of all from an account I know to be fake, but am prepared (and always have been) to allow the account to return and post in a way they have for many years until this senseless 'mission' they've taken it on themselves to do over the last few months.

Of course my 'resignation' might have been accepted and Bob thrown out and xmiles returned with minutes and if so, so what, it's only the internet isn't it!

Toodle loo for now!

10Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 18:09

So who is the poster behind Xmiles account? KP and BTID presumably you’ve now been told.

Happy to apologise to Sluffy if so, but I still think this is a straight lie and x is a genuine account.

11Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 20:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trolled by xmiles? Are you serious Sluffy? Nothing i've ever read from xmiles has been abusive to anyone and that includes you Sluffy.

I've called you Nero in the past and it seems even more apt at the moment as you let nine bob wreck this site.

Nobody wants you to go Sluffy, we've had issues but i genuinely wouldn't want to see you leave here. You seem t have a blind spot towards nine bob and your handling of the xmiles issue has been poor but this is your site at the end of the day.

Things on here would change massively if you opened your eyes and saw the damage nine bob is doing to this site.

12Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 20:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In footballing parlance, Sluffy's lost the dressing room.

13Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 20:08

Nobody should leave, not even Ten Bob. He’s clearly taken the criticism to heart but he’s harmless if we’re honest.

This situation with X has pissed me off though, he’s a good poster who’s been chased off the site. In my opinion that’s because Sluffy has taken a sudden dislike to him and invented a story to justify his behaviour.

This either needs to be resolved by Sluffy unbanning X, and admitting he’s made a mistake. Or proving it’s a fake account.

I’ll keep asking for this, but until either one happens I can’t be bothered posting on any other topic to be honest - I’m sure you’ll all be devastated.

14Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 20:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. we can't take any more regulars not contributing for Gods sake!

15Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 21:15

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Well although most people don't seem to think so I've always done the best for the site but as the saying goes maybe I've tried too hard to 'cast pearls before swine' (not that I'm suggesting anybody of here are swine).

I just wanted an open forum where we can have a laugh and people could chat and have views on anything they want but not abused or hounded for doing so.  I wanted a forum that wasn't vile and ignorant such as the Bolton News comments section but one where you can be reasonably civil to each other, have a disagreement if you must BUT virtually shake hands and move on from it.

I wanted a friendly forum, a happy forum even if we lost/got relegated, a place were you wanted to come for a laugh for a cry, for whatever but a place to escape the real world for five minutes or so.

Seems I was a bit naive about social media still though because as I've had to deal with avoiding being usurped twice, power grabs behind the scenes, internet vendettas, having to deal with posters with clear mental health issues, anger, hatred abuse, strops, people throwing tantrums, fake accounts, forum lynching party's, and about everything else under the Sun but for what it is worth most of us are still here.

A bit of an achievement I think under those circumstances, at least I thought so.

Still I clearly haven't pleased everyone have I!

I've given my explanations publicly why I would hope Bob and the rest of us could get along, clearly I've failed there.

I've also faced a bit of a revolt with the other two Admin and I've given them further information on why I KNOW the xmiles is a fake account (as defined if you will with a poster on here operating more than one account).

I've also given what can be more or less seen to be my resignation also.

It's not a threat it isn't me saying keep Bob and xmiles can't come back or I go, it's more the practicality of things that will bound to happen as a consequence of  events that will follow and quite frankly I'm not prepared to face such shit.

Fwiw it seems clear to me that Bob doesn't want to tolerate the rest of us and refuses to bite his tongue to do so and perhaps a little break between the two of us is in order (but not today on his birthday) and in respect of the xmiles account I say once again I'm not prepared to be targeted and trolled, least of all from an account I know to be fake, but am prepared (and always have been) to allow the account to return and post in a way they have for many years until this senseless 'mission' they've taken it on themselves to do over the last few months.

Of course my 'resignation' might have been accepted and Bob thrown out and xmiles returned with minutes and if so, so what, it's only the internet isn't it!

Toodle loo for now!

Forget the birthday, Sluffy. You don't compromise principles or throw in the towel irrespective of anyone's birthday. I'm never going to respect this lot, but if you want me to go to appease the mob you're going to have to enforce it yourself. Sorry old chap, you deserve better than them but that's where I stand. No ifs, no buts, they are a PATHETIC bunch with few redeeming features except that T.R.O.Y. surprisingly has gone up slightly in my estimation.

16Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 23:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Forget the birthday, Sluffy. You don't compromise principles or throw in the towel irrespective of anyone's birthday. I'm never going to respect this lot, but if you want me to go to appease the mob you're going to have to enforce it yourself. Sorry old chap, you deserve better than them but that's where I stand. No ifs, no buts, they are a PATHETIC bunch with few redeeming features except that T.R.O.Y. surprisingly has gone up slightly in my estimation.

Well I do.

It's a squabble on an internet forum ffs, it isn't important anyway let alone do something unpleasant on someone's birthday, it can wait another day.

I had an argument on another forum where someone wanted to sack Parkinson on Christmas Eve ffs, and I said if you are going to sack him then don't spoil Christmas for him and his family for the sake of another day or so, needless to say I got abused for my compassion.

Don't worry I'll pull the trigger myself I don't expect anyone else to do the dirty work.

I would have hoped you/we could have found some way to include you in with everyone else on Nuts to the satisfaction of everyone including yourself but clearly you don't want that and we clearly can't carry on as it is, can we?

We will leave your account open if you wish to return after your initial ban and hopefully one day think of a way you can live in tolerance with us and us with you but I think pigs may probably fly first.

As for TROY if it's his determination in finding out the truth and hold me to account you find admirable of him then there's past and current baggage of why that is and certainly isn't as admirable a quest as you may have thought.

He is though able to debate without the use of abuse and can see that the forum is in danger of tearing itself apart due to 'games' that sometimes go too far at times.

I'm sorry it's not worked out here Bob but clearly you don't wish them to despite all my ways of trying to convince you (anyone spot the deliberate pun there?) to do so and there's no point me flogging the dead horse any further really is there?

I would have hoped some, a few, even one person would have been gracious enough to wish you a good day on your birthday in this thread apart from me, but sadly they didn't.

What does a few words of kindness cost anyone?

Bonce did wish it you on another thread though and well done for doing so too.

Anyway enjoy the rest of the day and keep safe and well for the future.

(Convince get it now!!!)

17Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Sat Oct 17 2020, 23:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Congratulations Bob! I'm amazed you've survived this long! Smile

18Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Thu Oct 19 2023, 08:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Fuck off nine bob and take your shit elsewhere before we lose anymore good posters like glos and xmiles.

Happy birthday my arse!
Happy birthday Cajun.

It was my birthday two days ago but I didn't bother mentioning it on here.

I'm sure Norpig and friends will be pleased to know I had a great day though.

19Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Thu Oct 19 2023, 09:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy belated birthday Bob! Very Happy

20Happy Birthday Ten Bob Empty Re: Happy Birthday Ten Bob Thu Oct 19 2023, 09:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Happy belated birthday Bob! Very Happy
Yes indeed. Hope the stripper got there on time. :party:
Does he remind you of anyone?

Happy Birthday Ten Bob 0_Screen-Shot-2023-09-11-at-80944-AMjpeg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: