Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next week's 3 games in 8 days

+2
sunlight
wanderlust
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 13:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

...are all against teams beginning with "S" and who are below us in the table - Stevenage away, Scunthorpe away and Southend at home.
If we play like we did last night we could be looking at S Club 7 points thank you very much.
That said we have a history of doing well in games against good sides and then flopping against strugglers but hopefully that won't happen this time.

2Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 14:23

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thats a good do! This team seems to be getting better. The more games they get to gel can only be good now. ( I am aware that my optimism may be misguided and that they can still start backfiring ).

3Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 15:22

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Been here before after the Bradford game and flopped big style, in saying that last night was a very good performance and we should kick on with these fixtures,

One thing that surprises me is that after signing several players at 6 foot 5" we seldom look a threat from set pecies, we had much success with Beevers and Wheater so can't see why this seems to be a problem.

4Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 15:58

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:Been here before after the Bradford game and flopped big style, in saying that last night was a very good performance and we should kick on with these fixtures,

One thing that surprises me is that after signing several players at 6 foot 5" we seldom look a threat from set pecies, we had much success with Beevers and Wheater so can't see why this seems to be a problem.
With Wheater and Beevers they had Morais feeding them, Crawford is poor at set pieces.

5Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 16:05

Agree about set pieces, we don’t look as dangerous as we could. Crawford was the only disappointment for me last night, he’s been very effective in bursts this season but he flits in and out of games a lot. Suspect now Isgrove’s fit he’s got some competition for that place - Evatt clearly doesn’t fancy Darcy there.

6Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 16:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Without Greenidge and Taft we're not an especially tall team, although Kioso has a fantastic leap on him which is why they keep pumping high balls down the wing to him.

7Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 17:12

Think we need another striker to be honest, he’s scored an ok amount so far considering his record - but I just don’t think Delfuenso does enough. He should be the one doing Doyle’s dirty work dropping deep and transitioning play. But more often than not it’s Doyle having to come way back to get on the ball and get things moving.

Millers looked better than I expected (just going off his record no idea who he was before we signed him), but think he’s probably too similar to Doyle to be a starter.

8Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 19:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure Delfouneso is fully fit at the moment so would think he may be rested for at least one of these 3 games coming up.

9Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 20:56

Could do with another physical striker to come in/cover for Delf really. I presume that’s what we’re looking for at the moment.

10Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 14 2020, 21:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Could do with another physical striker to come in/cover for Delf really. I presume that’s what we’re looking for at the moment.

I've mentioned before that if we bring anybody in then,

- We are outside the transfer window so they would have to be a free agent (and thus not match fit)

- We are limited to a squad size and I think we are already at maximum?

- even if we can satisfy the first two hurdles then are we already at the wage cap level - if so we can't pay anymore than what we already are

- and even if we could would FV want to spend even more money with no end in sight of the match day crowds returning?

I can't see anything changing until the January window and even then I think we'd need to free up squad places first and who is going to take on our players that we want to move on?

11Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sun Nov 15 2020, 09:14

Makes sense, if the recruitment process is worth anything though they’ll be looking for players right now though. January is only just around the corner.

12Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Tue Nov 17 2020, 14:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm wondering if after these 3 games - against the bottom three sides - the fans will accept anything less than 9 points?

13Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 21 2020, 17:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We made hard work of that but 3 points in the bag. I suspect Scunny will be a tougher proposition given their recent results but on we go....

14Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Tue Nov 24 2020, 21:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And another 3 points! Still on track Smile

15Next week's 3 games in 8 days Empty Re: Next week's 3 games in 8 days Sat Nov 28 2020, 17:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And there it is - 3 games and 9 points.
Hopefully we can keep this going against Vale.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum