Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now What

+10
wanderlust
Hip Priest
JonnyRandom
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
gloswhite
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Now What Empty Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 20:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Now even the daft amongst us must have a concern.

We are not being unlucky for the most part ....we are getting battered by so-called lower level squads.

The fact is that we are a mid to lower end Champs squad ....and the will to change is not there from what I can tell.

The notion that there are 38 games to turn it around is a nice thought. That presumes that all the teams in front of us will suddenly all start losing and we go a run tremendous run.

What to do? I don't think there is a quick fix.... but when everyone is fit... Holden, Wheater, Sordell, Riley, Alonso in ..... SKD, Zat, Mears, Petrov out ....

I'm 50/50 on Mavies & Chungy ..... also give Wlyde a chance and bring back Eaves after his loan spell.

And OC is 60/40 to go .....

On top of that we need help in the January window ...although I don't trust whoever is spotting talent....but still.

2Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 20:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the fact of the matter is, IMO, the players and coaching staff thought we'd walk this league, and dare i say most of the fans did too.

3Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 20:26

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The only way SKD is getting dropped is if coyle is sacked and a new man comes in with new ideas. Also I would say it's more 80/20 on coyle to go at the moment, from me especially.

Chungy looks a totally different player to what he was when he first arrived at the club, not sure if that's just the broken leg or he has no confidence but after todays small appearance you can see why he has been dropped.

4Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 20:53

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[quote="terenceanne"]Now even the daft amongst us must have a concern.

We are not being unlucky for the most part ....we are getting battered by so-called lower level squads.

The fact is that we are a mid to lower end Champs squad ....and the will to change is not there from what I can tell.
nice thought. That presumes that all the teams in front of us will suddenly all start losing and we go a run tremendous run..

Thought the same, but i don't have a answer, just think we haven't got the players nor the Manager to sort things out.

5Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:03

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I know its a cliche, but we really do need to go back to basics. Whatever we think we have, we haven't, and the simple things like passing, holding, and running off the ball just aren't there. Also, it would be nice if we had a gameplan, instead of 11 men going out for a kickabout. Until the players are given a kick up the arse, and some direction, it ain't going to get fixed with this manager.

6Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's at least one Bolton in every Championship season - a relegated team that assumes it's gonna go straight back up, and it only ends up blending in with the mediocrity of that league.
The biggest problem we've got is up front. It's bad enough that Davies is playing full stop...the fact he's playing with Ngog is just bizarre. There's no balance in the partnership whatsoever.

7Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:There's at least one Bolton in every Championship season - a relegated team that assumes it's gonna go straight back up, and it only ends up blending in with the mediocrity of that league.
The biggest problem we've got is up front. It's bad enough that Davies is playing full stop...the fact he's playing with Ngog is just bizarre. There's no balance in the partnership whatsoever.

I hope you're going to admit Ngog was every bit as bad as Davies today. Shockingly bad player.

8Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did say we'd be the new middlesborough.

9Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I did say we'd be the new middlesborough.

No such team.

10Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I did say we'd be the new middlesborough.

No such team.

sorry middlesbrough.

Wink

11Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:32

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Coyle has to leave. Simple as that

12Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can't disagree with that one, although if it hasn't happend by Monday, and we draw or win on Tuesday, he'll stay for another few games. Its a never-ending merry-go-round

13Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I hope you're going to admit Ngog was every bit as bad as Davies today. Shockingly bad player.

I'm sure you've found some Palace fans that thought "Davies is ripping us apart" and "Davies is winning every fucking header...fat bastard!"

14Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 21:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I'm sure you've found some Palace fans that thought "Davies is ripping us apart" and "Davies is winning every fucking header...fat bastard!"

So you don't accept Davies is seen as a threat by opposing fans?

15Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 22:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

So you don't accept Davies is seen as a threat by opposing fans?

I'm convinced opposing fans see him as a threat. It doesn't necessarily equal him being what we need. People see him win a few aerial challenges and think "shit, he's everything the media make him out to be - he's gonna destroy us!" Everyone's perception of players changes dramatically when they are supporting the opposing team.

16Now What Empty Re: Now What Sat Sep 29 2012, 22:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I'm convinced opposing fans see him as a threat. It doesn't necessarily equal him being what we need. People see him win a few aerial challenges and think "shit, he's everything the media make him out to be - he's gonna destroy us!" Everyone's perception of players changes dramatically when they are supporting the opposing team.

I don't think he's what we need either, I'd drop him tomorrow if I was in charge. But none of the other strikers have stepped up, they all look awful to be honest. I'm not joking, we should have signed Kevin Phillips when we had the chance.

17Now What Empty Re: Now What Sun Sep 30 2012, 01:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm happy nobody has disagreed with my original post .... I'll have to write something more outragous to wind up one or two.

But back to the current crap ..... I hate to beat on about SKD ....and it has nothing to do with him personally..... it's the hoof ball mentality that we can't get away from for years now. While we continue hoofing and hoping for a nod on we are certainly doomed. It's a mental change.....the players hump it and OC doesn't stop it.

The next manager should have it written in his contract that if he plays SKD he will be fired immediately. Someone can remind me but I can't think of another team who has consistantly had a center forward who is not required to actually score goals.

18Now What Empty Re: Now What Sun Sep 30 2012, 02:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

More of the same again today I'm afraid. Loads of Hoof and not very much Tooth. HOOOOFFFFFFFFF!!!!

19Now What Empty Re: Now What Sun Sep 30 2012, 11:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now what?

Another rebirth, this time without money.

I think that financially we have to get promoted otherwise we'll get decimated and sink potentially much further. We are at a crossroads and we are in desperate trouble. The plan isn't working - and there is a plan.

Having watched OCs tenure of the management of the club very carefully, I have been impressed with many of the things he has donea, particularly the focus on youth. All through his time I have hoped he'll try diffferent systems and blood the young players until he finds a winning formula wih everyone involved.

But now I'm coming round to the idea that it will never happen whilst OC is in charge. He just keeps on doing the same things with basically the same players and getting the same results so I'm incredibly frustrated at his lack of imagination and experimentation.

I guess that a lot of our players don't feel they're part of the squad and have not been given a fair chance. With results going the way they've gone, there must be a lot of tension in the camp.

We need a more inclusive squad and some experimentation with other systems with the players we have before we think about January signings that the Board would be unwilling to fund.

OC needs to open his mind and imagine what a new manager - an increasingly likely proposition - would do if he inherited this squad. Wipe the slate clean, understand every players strengths and weaknesses and put together a system that maximises the opportunities to get the most out of our players - as a team.

20Now What Empty Re: Now What Sun Sep 30 2012, 11:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

OC needs to open his mind and imagine what a new manager - an increasingly likely proposition - would do if he inherited this squad. Wipe the slate clean, understand every players strengths and weaknesses and put together a system that maximises the opportunities to get the most out of our players - as a team.

Coyle has ego problems. To start dropping the players he's put faith in is an admission he made a mistake. I suspect he'd rather go down with his preferred players than go up with the fans choice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum