Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is everyone?

+10
okocha
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Sluffy
wanderlust
xmiles
Norpig
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Where is everyone? Empty Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 13:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its been very quiet on here for a week or so now, I've been trying to post a few articles but had very little posts on them.

What's the issue and what can we do to change it? Ideas on the back of a fag packet please.

I know the constant battle between a certain 2 posters is not helping but it must be more than that surely?

Come on people we need to make an effort to post more and be nicer to each other while we do it.

2Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 14:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

To be frank (and I would have sent you a pm if I were allowed to do so) I have lost interest in posting on this site although I still do occasionally.

Certain individuals have sucked all the life out of it.

And of course being subject to frequent bans for simply asking for evidence of my completely imaginary "crimes" doesn't help.

3Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 14:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Becoming a frequent theme on here. Haven't seen Sunlight posting for a few days and I enjoy her articles and input. Most others can't be arsed from what I can tell. I think we all know where the problem lies.

4Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 14:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Becoming a frequent theme on here. Haven't seen Sunlight posting for a few days and I enjoy her articles and input. Most others can't be arsed from what I can tell. I think we all know where the problem lies.

It isn't hard to see where the problem lies at all, it's with people playing games through fake accounts, trolling and being unable/unwilling to tell the truth when found out.

If that's what people want, not knowing who they are talking too, being played and manipulated for other peoples amusement and fed copious fake news that someone has read on social media and refuses to admit he's got it wrong and posted bullshit for you to believe, then I'll bugger off and leave you all to it.

5Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 15:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm beginning to lose interest in the forum due to all the fighting we have had on here. It's not an enjoyable place to be at the moment which is a shame.

We have lost some great posters too which hasn't helped and it feels like others have done fuck all on the forum with the respect of contributions to our online community.

I may continue to run radio nuts till the end of the season and then quit. This is how I feel right now.

6Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 15:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't visit too often but when I do I hit 'view posts since last visit' and invariably end up reading another petty squabble between posters. It's really going to take everyone to end the bickering to encourage others to contribute because in all honesty it's hard to join in the conversation on here.

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Sat Dec 12 2020, 16:15; edited 1 time in total

7Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 16:09

Works been busy so I haven’t had the time really. 

But to be honest, as one of the posters who ends up locked in debate with Sluffy I realised my posting was probably not doing the site any good as I’m not the type to drop a point I believe in and that feeds Sluffy. And I appreciate nobody wants to trawl through our discussions.

Hopefully that lack of bickering will lighten the tone and get more involved, we need the likes of Bonce and Nat to get going again though if that’s going to happen.

8Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 16:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Because it's all very boring the topics the same few posters boring topics no excitement i look in and lose the will to post. I got lots of stuff to be angry about like women pundits for one but nobody is interested as it's not boring enough.

9Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 16:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I'm beginning to lose interest in the forum due to all the fighting we have had on here. It's not an enjoyable place to be at the moment which is a shame.

We have lost some great posters too which hasn't helped and it feels like others have done fuck all on the forum with the respect of contributions to our online community.

I may continue to run radio nuts till the end of the season and then quit. This is how I feel right now.
Come on KP dont say that! This site needs you.

10Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 17:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wish i'd not started this now! 

We've all had a moan now its down to us to sort it out. I for one don't want to have go back to wanderers ways

If you have something to get off your chest then post it and lets create some debate.

11Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 17:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

It isn't hard to see where the problem lies at all, it's with people playing games through fake accounts, trolling and being unable/unwilling to tell the truth when found out.

If that's what people want, not knowing who they are talking too, being played and manipulated for other peoples amusement and fed copious fake news that someone has read on social media and refuses to admit he's got it wrong and posted bullshit for you to believe, then I'll bugger off and leave you all to it.

Jesus Christ Sluffy you are one of the biggest culprits for the state of this site, let it go man! This whole you vs lusty thing is ruining this site, you both need to pack it in.

12Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Jesus Christ Sluffy you are one of the biggest culprits for the state of this site, let it go man! This whole you vs lusty thing is ruining this site, you both need to pack it in.

Ok if that's what you believe and want.

13Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Wish i'd not started this now! 

We've all had a moan now its down to us to sort it out. I for one don't want to have go back to wanderers ways

If you have something to get off your chest then post it and lets create some debate.

I've already said my piece.

The forum is as you know split into two, the open forum and the mod/admin side, comprising of Karly, myself and BTID.

It's without question that Karly does the lions share of the work in doing Radio Nuts and until recently posting all the Bolton News daily articles for us to look and chat over.

I and Karly do all the modding of the forum.

I used to help also in posting up the daily BN articles but that had to stop and become infrequent of me when the BN set a viewing limit of 20 free visits and thereafter you had to pay to see the full articles.  

Sometimes I change my ip address and get a further 20 goes but they soon run out.

We do have a banning protocol but it's fair to say it's not been unanimous recently.

On the public forum it is clear that there's been longstanding issues that have arisen in recent months that have their roots in things from many years ago and from other forums even before Nuts was founded.  There's also are some that go back years to the early days of Nuts and some from about the time of Brexit and Anderson's ownership.

The bottom line is that I've tried to manage these issues/games/pranks/mini vendettas or call them what you will but the games have escalated to draw more people into them - people have been hoodwinked/manipulated/played intentionally.

I don't believe there is any malice to what has gone on but merely done to cause waves for their amusement.

I've tried to ride these waves and at the same time keep everybody on board but clearly people have had enough of me doing that now, so I may as well stop posting for a while and let you all get on with it.

That's clearly what certain people have wanted so they've got their wish.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all, even Wanderlust.

14Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 18:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where is everyone? Tenor

15Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 18:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not saying you need to leave sluffy but some of these issues you have created yourself. The whole banning of people like xmiles and Okocka was not handled well and you never gave a proper explanation of accusing xmlles of being a fake account.

Your issues with lusty have been the main issue as to why the likes of Glos no longer post but you just can't see it. I do like lusty but he doesn't help with constantly winding you up so can you both agree to at least try and be civil to each other for the sake of the site?

I just want the old site and the old Sluffy back.

16Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 18:34

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Change the name to Bolton Narcissists?

17Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 21:01

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Aye.

18Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 22:30

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's the mix of sport, music, jokes, culture, politics, humour, personal anecdotes......from a whole variety of members.....that makes the site worth reading and contributing to. 

Everyone has valuable things to say and should be welcomed, rather than aggressively accused of things that, even in the unlikely event that they were true, would make no difference to the value of their postings. e.g. xmiles

Sadly, it's become dominated by very unfair judgements without explanation on perfectly sincere posters that make them want to defend themselves..... leading to endless stand-offs .....and now, finally, have made them reluctant to contribute further for fear of being misinterpreted again.

19Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sat Dec 12 2020, 23:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I'll tell you where i am i said my bit nobody's interested so i'm not going to waste my time on you lot fuck the lot of you i'm done.

20Where is everyone? Empty Re: Where is everyone? Sun Dec 13 2020, 01:04

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:I'll tell you where i am i said my bit nobody's interested so i'm not going to waste my time on you lot fuck the lot of you i'm done.

Well, every cloud...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum