Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Leeds United

+16
karlypants
Mr Magoo
JonnyRandom
gloswhite
Keegan
jayjay23
bwfc71
xmiles
doffcocker
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Mon Oct 01 2012, 18:43

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

jayjay23 wrote:Who would I pick I hear you ask. Well I think we can all agree it is about time something slightly more drastic happened. It is no good going with the same useless bunch all over the park.

Eagles, Bogdan, Knight, Spearing and Warnock would all retain places. The rest are way too off the boil for me.

Bogdan
Ricketts Knight Mills Warnock
Eagles Spearing Vela Wylde
Mavies
Sordell
(or take out Mavies and put in Ngog or Afobe)

Please, let's just see some big changes. The players being picked every week are not doing the job. They need to be made to sit up and realise this by taking a stint on the bench. A fifth midfielder would help us stop conceding imho. Mavies would also be more effective in the middle of the five and would be a goal threat working with the pace of Sordell, Eagles and Wylde. I think we would actually look better going forward like this than with 2 strikers.

Oh and with a bench including Afobe, Ngog, Davies, Petrov, Lee, Riley, Ream, Alonso, Pratley, Andrews etc we suddenly look strong on paper compared to the usual line up with Davies and Ngog up top and a weak ass midfield with Mavies on the right wing - really, why the hell are we even doing that?

22Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Mon Oct 01 2012, 18:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No O halloran? and why no Lonergan?

Lets be honest Vela has a long term injury and Wylde won't even be on the bench so nonsense discussing it.

23Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Mon Oct 01 2012, 18:57

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting. But really, changes are badly needed in the team.

24Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Mon Oct 01 2012, 19:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Starting from the top.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

25Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Mon Oct 01 2012, 20:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't be surprised to see a change or two ( or more), as OC attempts to hang on to his job.

26Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Mon Oct 01 2012, 20:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he dropped Davies and we lost, he'd only bring him straight back in the next match.
"We lost - fooking knew I shouldn't have dropped him." is the mentality.
The likes of Sordell not only need games but the same patience Coyle's had with KD over the years.

I agree with Keegan that the changes we need are from the top. So when you get to the ground tomorrow and it's the same shite line-up, bare in mind the gloriousness of the potential silver linings.

27Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Mon Oct 01 2012, 20:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Doffer, I told you not to smoke that stuff ! Now you're coming out with deep and meaningful statements Very Happy

28Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 10:47

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm getting a deja vu feeling about this one, thinking about the game against Hull City when Megson took Klasnic off for McCann and we threw away a 2-0 lead.

Next day, bye bye Gary.

Could history be about to repeat itself?

29Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 10:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a feeling we are going to win this one. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. We can thank our lucky stars that we're not as smart as we'd like to think we are.

30Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 11:15

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Did you see Lisa?
Yes I saw Lisa.
Is that why...You're.. angry?
I wasn't angry.
Maybe a little.
Not even maybe.
Must be the weather.
Now don't be a baby.

They don't write them like that any more - thank God.

31Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 11:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I preferred Lydia to Lisa! Wink

32Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 12:34

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not often a bolton legend returns to the bok. Looking forward to having Dioufy back tonight. Hope he's given the standing O' he so richly deserves.

33Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not often a bolton legend returns to the bok. Looking forward to having Dioufy back tonight. Hope he's given the standing O' he so richly deserves.

WUM.

34Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 13:04

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Everyones just been asked to remove their cars from the car park ready for tnites game. Might just leave mine on there ready for a quick get away after seeing 90 mins of shambles. Not confident at all about tnite

35Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 13:34

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster, you have a laugh at my team choices but in all seriousness what would you do for tonight? Surely you want to see some changes on the pitch too?

36Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 14:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't laugh, i just don't really see the point of putting people we know won't even be on the bench in the team.

I would have Petrov in tonight for sure, bout time he played some minutes for me.

I'd swap Ngog for Sordell or Afobe too.

37Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 14:03

Difficult one this. On the one hand I want Bolton to lose, but fear a defeat could signal the end for Owen Coyle's plan to get Bolton in League 2. I'll go for a draw then, hopefully that will keep Owen in a job that bit longer.

38Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 14:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:Difficult one this. On the one hand I want Bolton to lose, but fear a defeat could signal the end for Owen Coyle's plan to get Bolton in League 2. I'll go for a draw then, hopefully that will keep Owen in a job that bit longer.

Do one Chubster.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

39Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 14:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

40Bolton v Leeds United - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 14:53

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't laugh, i just don't really see the point of putting people we know won't even be on the bench in the team.

I would have Petrov in tonight for sure, bout time he played some minutes for me.

I'd swap Ngog for Sordell or Afobe too.

Would you really leave Davies in? And play 442?

Would it not make more sense to mix and match our ideas such as...

Bogdan
Ricketts Mills Knight Warnock
Eagles Pratley Spearing Petrov
Mavies
Sordell

Let's face it. Mavies is a decent attacking threat - but only in the centre. And only generally as part of a five. Kevin Davies is not very effective up front and we are not scoring goals. Eagles is our best player atm but is playing on the wrong side. 451 would mean we were hopefully stronger at the back and it gives us a way to include Eagles, Petrov who you want to see get game time, and Mavies in an effective position. And the one up top being a proven scorer at this level has to be better than Ngog or Kavies?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum