Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Leeds United

+16
karlypants
Mr Magoo
JonnyRandom
gloswhite
Keegan
jayjay23
bwfc71
xmiles
doffcocker
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 14:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Davies is not very effective up front?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

42Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 15:57

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Please admit it. Are you saying that Kevin Davies should be starting up top? And that playing him in a 442 is going to be more effective to us than the formation I suggested? I have admired KD's work rate in the recent games but we are simply not scoring. We have to change something. We have spent literally years with Davies up front and have been in decline pretty much all the way. It is time to try something else.

Anyone else hold an opinion here?

43Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 16:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard it all now, Davies is the reason for our decline.

dear me.

44Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 16:25

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought once we got relegated we'd be starting afresh with the new front players given the chance show what they can do and Big Kev used as an impact sub, if necessary.

Trouble is, the new players, namely Sordell and Afobe, don't look anywhere near up to the job even from what little I've seen of them. Coyle obviously doesn't think they're any good either and he's the one that brought them in in the first place. I can't imagine there'd be any decent strikers around to get on loan now so it's all fcuked until the January transfer window opens. Carry on Kev.

45Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 16:49

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Numpty 28723 wrote:I thought once we got relegated we'd be starting afresh with the new front players given the chance show what they can do and Big Kev used as an impact sub, if necessary.

Trouble is, the new players, namely Sordell and Afobe, don't look anywhere near up to the job even from what little I've seen of them. Coyle obviously doesn't think they're any good either and he's the one that brought them in in the first place. I can't imagine there'd be any decent strikers around to get on loan now so it's all fcuked until the January transfer window opens. Carry on Kev.

I dknt think its sordell who hasnt lived up to expectation. I think its the way they are being played. Having davied just nod the ball into no were is not helping and then not supplying sordell with a decent ball cull stop is stopping him finishing. Ive seen sordell at watford and in the under 21s squad and he is a good finisher. Thats why ive been crying out to play sordell with ngog. Ngog holds the ball up well and can play a very decent pass. If it gets tried and it doesnt work then fair enough i'll hold me hands up but i dont think we will ever see anyone playing with sordell other than davies.

46Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 16:51

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry for the poor spelling. Trying to type on me phone is a pain in the arse!!! Hope everyone can understand the above post!

47Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 17:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sordell scored a load for Watford in this division ..... SKD is just a load Very Happy

You can't say he can't hack it ....since he already did prove to be a goalscorer. Give the lad a chance for a few games.

48Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 17:06

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I've heard it all now, Davies is the reason for our decline.

dear me.

Hipster. I did not say that at all. I said we (as a team) have been in decline for a number of years. During that time we have persisted for the most part with playing Kevin Davies as a target man. We have barely tried any other way. It is now obvious that this season is not going to plan. So we need to change something. And in my opinion, although SKD gives his all every game, the current system is not translating into goals. A change in that position would affect the whole layout and mentality of the team and it could be for the better.

49Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 17:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have had plenty of occasions where Davies is not on the pitch, the style remains the same.

I used to think Davies was the reason we went long, i've been proven wrong, the reason is we have players with absolutely no ability or composure. Simple.

50Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 18:34

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

well, an hour away from kick off...will either be watching Coyle's final nail in the coffin or a win which means he gets another month! I dont know what a draw means scratch

Pissing rain though...

51Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:13

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well OC has put on his thinking cap .....studied the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition ..... put together a tactical plan that would baffle Sir Alex .....

Result.....same team with instructions to lump it to SKD or directly out of play.

It's grand being a BWFC fan int it ....

52Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:16

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

anyone got a link

53Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unfortunately I can see us losing 1-3 tonight.

Would like to see a big change in the squad but can't see that happening, with Sordell in for SKD & Ngog up front and Petrov in midfield.

54Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Official team lineups according to The Bolton News Website:

Teams - Wanderers: Bogdan, Mears, Mills, Knight, Warnock, M Davies, Andrews, Spearing, Eagles, K Davies, Afobe

Subs: Lonergan, Ream, Petrov, Ricketts, Sordell, Pratley, Chung-Yong

Leeds United: Kenny, Peltier, Drury, Lees, Pearce, Austin, Becchio, Brown, Tonge, Diouf, Byram

Subs: Ashdown, Varney, White, Norris, Gray, Thompson, Poleon

55Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:31

Glad to see Afobe given a chance, time to step up.

56Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its on Yorkshire Radio.

57Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of my work colleagues from work (Leeds Fan) would take a draw now affraid , another one thinks Bolton will win affraid affraid .

58Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Passi wrote:Glad to see Afobe given a chance, time to step up.

Me too!

59Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think...

60Bolton v Leeds United - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton v Leeds United Tue Oct 02 2012, 19:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as i expected they cut it off to play music.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum