Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recognising intelligence

+10
xmiles
gloswhite
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Norpig
okocha
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 20:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Damn Carol Vorderman and her debt consolidation.
I know I'll upset KP, but she needs to start dressing her age. 

They have a nice line in surgical stockings at M&S.

102Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 20:34

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Vorderman had to take a paycut or leave. Her breasts and bottom then increased in direct proportion to her loss of attractiveness.

Recognising intelligence - Page 6 BxE9AuM

103Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For fuck's sake, what is wrong with you people?

This used to be a site full of bad football chat, poor jokes, and gentle piss-taking. Why has everyone become so fucking serious?

I've struggled with my mental health for as long as I can remember, so for years this site has given me an outlet to forget about the real world for a short time and take part in the sillyness and banter. I have had some very dark days brightened by a slipper or bedpan thread.

But look what's it's become. It's a small football forum, not GCHQ, nothing we write is particularly important. No one should be getting upset or leaving.

Please, please can we just draw a line under everything from the past, it really doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong. I haven't seen a human being since March so I class many of you on here as my friends, I don't want Nuts to fold.

I'm begging everyone to just chill and not take everything so seriously. All we need is for a couple of prolific posters to return and the site would soon liven up.

104Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just got this nice warm glow inside seeing you back Nat! sunny

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:18; edited 1 time in total

105Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As long as the warm glow isn't in your pants.

106Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:As long as the warm glow isn't in your pants.

You never disappoint! :rofl:

107Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:21

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

These are comfortable slippers.

Recognising intelligence - Page 6 9dL2R5w

108Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:For fuck's sake, what is wrong with you people?

This used to be a site full of bad football chat, poor jokes, and gentle piss-taking. Why has everyone become so fucking serious?

I've struggled with my mental health for as long as I can remember, so for years this site has given me an outlet to forget about the real world for a short time and take part in the sillyness and banter. I have had some very dark days brightened by a slipper or bedpan thread.

But look what's it's become. It's a small football forum, not GCHQ, nothing we write is particularly important. No one should be getting upset or leaving.

Please, please can we just draw a line under everything from the past, it really doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong. I haven't seen a human being since March so I class many of you on here as my friends, I don't want Nuts to fold.

I'm begging everyone to just chill and not take everything so seriously. All we need is for a couple of prolific posters to return and the site would soon liven up.
For once, I agree with Nat. I've never been accused of being too serious, but, like Nat, I've had periods when logging in here has distracted me from some of the dark, sad times, that visit us all.
My Brucie obsession was kept on the go not by me, but by the rest of you that chose to join in with the joke. That, and my good self, could easily have been put in its place, had it been deemed unfunny. Others made it funny, not me.
We've all had our say on Brexit, Anderson, and what went wrong at the Wanderers, but we're now beating the same arguments to death.
The Bum Chums war with The Brotherhood came up in chatbox last night, and was fondly remembered. Because it used to be fun. Now, more than ever, we need the fun to return.
We've lost too many good posters. 
I don't blame Bob, he's been on here since 2017. He's a sleeper, but I'm not sure who works him, however, he alone hasn't caused this.
Don't make me bring Brucie back.

109Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH_pRJyWrorTuiHu-1RDFUl_9rmg84vBJe7Q&usqp=CAU

Too late Boncey! Very Happy

110Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll print that and put it with my others. Laminated, for obvious reasons.

111Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 21:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

112Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 23:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laminated! You dirty boy

113Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Wed Jan 13 2021, 23:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Laminated!  You dirty boy
My Brucie wipe downs are available in all sizes.

114Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Thu Jan 14 2021, 11:27

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

I don't blame Bob, he's been on here since 2017. He's a sleeper, but I'm not sure who works him, however, he alone hasn't caused this.
Don't make me bring Brucie back.
'A sleeper?' Where'd you get that idea from, Boncey?

Mind you, I did have a bit of a lie-in this morning. I'm normally an early bird really.

Anyroad what yer on about 'caused this'? Caused what? What is 'this' other than a concerted 'off with his head'  campaign to pillory anyone who dares confront the facts or address the truth?

115Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Thu Jan 14 2021, 11:43

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And another thing, Boncey. What's going on in the head of somebody who thinks 'recognising intelligence' is a fun-loving topic rather than the bumptious posturing of a self-regarding delusionist?

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu Jan 14 2021, 12:17; edited 1 time in total

116Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Thu Jan 14 2021, 11:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
'A sleeper?' Where'd you get that idea from, Boncey?

Mind you, I did have a bit of a lie-in this morning. I'm normally an early bird really.

Anyroad what yer on about 'caused this'? Caused what? What is 'this' other than a concerted 'off with his head'  campaign to pillory anyone who dares confront the facts or address the truth?
The truth can be awkward. I know someone with a conviction for clocking motors, yet still became chairman of a football club. The world really is an odd place.

117Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Thu Jan 14 2021, 11:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
The truth can be awkward. I know someone with a conviction for clocking motors, yet still became chairman of a football club. The world really is an odd place.
Who was this Mr Big that got caught clocking motors? Did they lock him up to teach him a lesson? I would.
Locking him up for summat he hadn't done though would seem a bit like rough justice.

118Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Thu Jan 14 2021, 12:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Who was this Mr Big that got caught clocking motors? Did they lock him up to teach him a lesson? I would.
Locking him up for summat he hadn't done though would seem a bit like rough justice.
I don't want to drag up the past. We should be moving on.
Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Georgecole3_3399489b

119Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Thu Jan 14 2021, 12:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I don't want to drag up the past. We should be moving on.
Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Georgecole3_3399489b
That's were we disagree, Boncey. Only when mistakes of the past are fully acknowledged, will we ever learn from them. 

You, being a well-read cove, will probably recognise this quote:

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

120Recognising intelligence - Page 6 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Thu Jan 14 2021, 12:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
That's were we disagree, Boncey. Only when mistakes of the past are fully acknowledged, will we ever learn from them. 

You, being a well-read cove, will probably recognise this quote:

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
Orwell eh. Here's something attributed to Stalin, although not with any certainty. Trump might like it.

'Those who cast the votes, decide nothing. Those who count the votes, decide everything'.

Glad to see the word 'cove' back in business. Very Breadmanesque. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum