Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recognising intelligence

+10
xmiles
gloswhite
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Norpig
okocha
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 13:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
A Cumbrian farmer once threatened to blow my head off, so I tend to be wary of anyone using that foreign lingo.
Wat wos thee djarn? Wos thee clarten aboot?

22Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 13:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:The oxymorons are manning the barricades, Sluffy. How dare you express an opinion that might confound them.
I'm certainly confounded by this gibberish - if an oxymoron could man a barricade it would be manning a barricade and not manning a barricade as per the nature of oxymorons.

You don't know what you don't know.

23Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 13:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I'm certainly confounded by this gibberish - if an oxymoron could man a barricade it would be manning a barricade and not manning a barricade as per the nature of oxymorons.

I think the nurse in his secure unit has been slipping him more benzodiazepines than he needs to keep him quiet. They obviously haven't found the right dose yet unfortunately.

24Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 14:01

Ten Bobsworth wrote:How intelligent do you have to be, Sluffy, to grasp that a club that couldn't afford to pay players wages on time, resulting in them going on strike, was not going to be able to find a million quid to pay for Christian Doidge without new money from somewhere?

Of all the wild accusations you make this is my favourite, it's Dale Vince's fault that Anderson agreed to a transfer package for Doidge and then didn't pay it.

25Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 14:06

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:

Teasing that brain of yours a bit too much, Lusty? Deep down you are really shallow, aren't you?

26Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 14:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Wat wos thee djarn? Wos thee clarten aboot?
I was putting one foot in front of the other on a footpath that crossed his land. It wasn't a well known path, so got little attention from walkers. He seemed a little miffed that I'd found it.
He'd tried to tell me it was a private footpath, and got very upset when I produced evidence to the contrary. However, instead of an apology, I got the aforementioned threat.

27Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 14:41

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I was putting one foot in front of the other on a footpath that crossed his land. It wasn't a well known path, so got little attention from walkers. He seemed a little miffed that I'd found it.
He'd tried to tell me it was a private footpath, and got very upset when I produced evidence to the contrary. However, instead of an apology, I got the aforementioned threat.
I see. A bit like posting on Nuts when you're not one of 'the gang'.
I never was much into gang culture.

28Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 14:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Its a shame i know nine bob, you've never had a friend have you?

29Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 15:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
We're all actors.

30Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 17:47

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Of all the wild accusations you make this is my favourite, it's Dale Vince's fault that Anderson agreed to a transfer package for Doidge and then didn't pay it.
Un champion du monde!

31Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Mon Jan 11 2021, 18:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:It just goes to show how little some folk know about government and the nature of government departments. I suspect some folk have watched too much Yes Minister.
For those who are interested, it works like this:
* New Government appoints Cabinet of ministers to enact their new policies
* Minister takes over government department and appoints managers and teams to enact policies. Usually this entails creating new workstreams/sub-departments and the injection of staff who support the policy.
* Existing managers and programmes are usually canned if they go against new government's policy

So for example when Michael Gove was appointed SS for Education:

"Gove terminated the previous Labour government's Building Schools for the Future programme; reformed A-Level and GCSE qualifications, abolishing modular units and coursework in most subjects, in favour of final examinations, and responded to the Trojan Horse scandal"

The Department of Education may not be staffed by politicians, but they did enact the wishes of the politicians - and those who dissented were sidelined. This is true of all Government departments and as amusing as Yes Minister was, it bears no resemblance to the reality of central gevernment departments where programmes, managers and staff come and go with every new policy shift.

As for the Anderson thing - I hope everyone has noticed that it wasn't me who raised the subject (yet again) - it was my shit stirring troll. So less of the "you two" please.

Dear God, they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I've said before wikipedia is a good entry point for people looking to find out things but when you're talking about a professional service you really need to know where to look for facts rather than how you may think the service works, to this end I refer you to the Institute for Government.

In the following link the Institute states there are 426,500 civil servants employed in Government and if you really 'think' close on half a million people get hired and fired every five years after every election, then it just goes to show that you have absolutely no knowledge or understanding about how things actually work in the CS.  

Civil servants are permanent employees, in career grades who are politically impartial.  It is they that remain as the various political parties come and go depending on the election results.

I don't need to base any knowledge on Yes Minister or anything else because I actually worked in public sector government for over 30 years!!!

How much experience have you got of the public sector and Civil Service in particular other than maybe some contract work from them?

Let me guess - absolutely NONE.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/civil-service-staff-numbers

You've clearly haven't troubled to better inform yourself by reading the links I provided in my post above, one of which provides you with the transcript of the PAC questioning of all those overall responsible for the procurement of the PPE's and who have ultimate responsibility - indeed that was actually stated as such - ALL of those involved were CIVIL SERVANTS.  No sign of ANY politicians or political cronyism anywhere!

Just as I've been saying all along.

I put all the facts in front of you but yet again you couldn't be bothered to concern yourself with them because you obviously believe you know better.

You don't.

As for Anderson and trolling, I raised the name of Anderson as an example of where many people have judged him on the basis of the financial running of the club that they know nothing about.  I used the example because it is one familiar to all of us.

How can that be trolling on my part, I was stating a fact?!!

I'm still waiting for your explanation as to how Anderson could have better run an insolvent company to make more profit for himself as you claimed though - I see you've failed to do that, so I'll ask you again.

After all you're clearly much more cleverer than Bob and I who have spent our professional careers dealing with such things.

I won't hold my breath for your reply though, you never can back up what you say, can you?

32Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 08:14

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lusty hasn't a clue, Sluffy, but the truth is that none of them have a clue. If they weren't so clueless they might have a clue how clueless they are.

I am afraid its the kind of collective mindlessness that leads to mindless mobs comprised of people predisposed to mindlessness and it doesn't take much to attract them like flies to a cowpat.

33Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 08:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep taking the tablets nine bob it may enable you to string together a coherent sentence eventually.

34Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 09:11

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Keep taking the tablets nine bob it may enable you to string together a coherent sentence eventually.
I don't know why Lily lets you out on your own, Walter. No good will come of it.

35Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 09:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I don't know why Lily lets you out on your own, Walter. No good will come of it.
At least i'm allowed out nine bob, unless of course you've managed to learn the door code for your secure unit again. 
Remind me how far you got last time before you got confused again?

36Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 09:46

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
At least i'm allowed out nine bob, unless of course you've managed to learn the door code for your secure unit again. 
Remind me how far you got last time before you got confused again?
This guy works in the NHS for heavens sake. He could even be at work right now.

37Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 10:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could do and then again i may not, who knows on here eh? 

We are all pretending a bit on here surely? You pretend to be intelligent but you're not fooling me nine bob

38Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 10:06

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Originally, the idea behind the thread I started was to gently query whether it is possible to accurately determine people's intelligence from simply looking at faces. (Ooh, shoot me down!.....two split infinitives in one sentence!) The US rioters mostly looked to me to be lacking in the brains department.

My prejudice was confirmed by their actions and subsequent interviews, and by the fact that most failed to wear masks, so risking Covid and arrest.

The thread has gone off at a tangent, as some Nutters have chosen to switch to their favourite hobby-horses and resurrect old battles. I don't read anything Bob writes, but I expect he stirred the pot too..
Tedious and sad! I certainly wasn't intending to feed the troll......

39Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 10:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry Okocha my fault as well. I did try to mention that it had gone off topic but i've been just as bad.

40Recognising intelligence - Page 2 Empty Re: Recognising intelligence Tue Jan 12 2021, 10:10

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wasn't meaning you, Norpig.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum