Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 17]

61Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:57

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

sunlight wrote:

Warwick got off to a very slow start and ended up winning with 255 points. Oxford only had about 105 points at the end. A great performance.
Now you've spoilt the ending for poor old Wander! Smile

62Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 10:00

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
University Challenge. Two teams of white privileged males answer questions from a haughty white privileged male and former investor in Ingenious film schemes/scams.

A bit more interesting was the re-examination of the Shipman case on BBC TWO. Too many questions unanswered for far too long.

Two teams of white privileged males? That comment displays a delusion. One of last nights captains is Japanese. Quite often there are many non-white team members. Privileged, most maybe, white only? definately not.

63Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 10:01

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:

Now you've spoilt the ending for poor old Wander! Smile

Sorry Wander.

64Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 10:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

sunlight wrote:

Two teams of white privileged males? That comment displays a delusion. One of last nights captains is Japanese. Quite often there are many non-white team members. Privileged, most maybe, white only? definately not.
Was he really? Only caught a fleeting glympse as Mrs Bobsworth flicked through what was worth watching.

65Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 11:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:

Sorry Wander.
Not a problem as I watched it late last night.
I was very poor TBH - but as always on this show it depends on what subjects come up, which is part of the fun.

66Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Sep 30 2020, 17:00

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

67Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 12 2020, 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Got a bit of a mauling in some papers on the basis that it lacks the satire of the original and tends to pander to the politicians. Good puppets, tame dialogue.
Started "The Fall" on recommendation from my daughter. It's OK.

68Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Oct 23 2020, 14:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Finished watching all 3 seasons of Dark. Really well made and acted but you do need to concentrate as it can get complicated. The conclusion of series 3 does tie up all the loose ends though.

Also worth watching is The End of the Fucking World. Again well made and great acting by two actors who actually look like teenagers.

69Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Oct 24 2020, 01:54

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm a big fan of "The End Of The Fucking World." Top Stuff

70Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Oct 24 2020, 02:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I’m loving Tehran on Apple TV.

71Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Nov 08 2020, 13:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just started watching Maxxx on channel 4 and it is very funny, well worth a watch.

72Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Nov 08 2020, 13:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Queen's Gambit on Netflix is definitely worth seeing. It is based on a novel by Walter Tevis who wrote The Hustler, The Color of Money and The Man Who Fell to Earth.

73Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Nov 10 2020, 16:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm rewatching the greatest TV show ever at the moment - The Sopranos

Even more amazing 3 of the stars are doing a tour next year and i've managed to get a front row seat  Very Happy

Covid needs to do one now as i can't wait for this and it better not get cancelled!

https://www.bridgewater-hall.co.uk/whats-on/the-sopranos-180520/

74Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Nov 10 2020, 16:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£85? I'd expect to appear in it for that money.

75Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Nov 10 2020, 23:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Queen's Gambit on Netflix is definitely worth seeing. It is based on a novel by Walter Tevis who wrote The Hustler, The Color of Money and The Man Who Fell to Earth.
Enjoyed that - although the happy ending was a bit Hollywood.
Started series 1 of Borgen - it's a bit like House of Cards meets Designated Survivor only it's in Denmark and dubbed. Lead woman looks strikingly like Helen Mirren and her spin doctor looks like Ewan McGregor so there's eye candy for both me and the missus who loves it as it's got the "strong woman in a patriarchal society" theme amongst others. Plenty of sharp political manoeuvring but I do have a slight bone to pick which is the voiceover artists were clearly chosen to match British stereotypes with appropriate regional or posh accents. Only 3 episodes in but generally so far so good and with 3 series to go at it should keep the missus amused for a while.

76Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 07:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
Enjoyed that - although the happy ending was a bit Hollywood.
Started series 1 of Borgen - it's a bit like House of Cards meets Designated Survivor only it's in Denmark and dubbed. Lead woman looks strikingly like Helen Mirren and her spin doctor looks like Ewan McGregor so there's eye candy for both me and the missus who loves it as it's got the "strong woman in a patriarchal society" theme amongst others. Plenty of sharp political manoeuvring but I do have a slight bone to pick which is the voiceover artists were clearly chosen to match British stereotypes with appropriate regional or posh accents. Only 3 episodes in but generally so far so good and with 3 series to go at it should keep the missus amused for a while.

I was pretty impressed by how closely Queen's Gambit stuck to the book although they overdid the ending.

I will give Borgen a look as several people have recommended it.

77Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 08:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:£85? I'd expect to appear in it for that money.
Thats the meet and greet, my ticket was slightly cheaper at £75. Well worth it to be up close with 3 stars of the best TV show ever made in my opinion.

78Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 12:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did anyone watch the BBC mini-series "Roadkill" which has just finished its run on Sunday evenings?

Sharp dialogue and brilliant acting from Hugh Laurie and others (including the gloriously named Ophelia Lovibond) in a thinly-veiled assault on Tory morality. Highly enjoyable!

79Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 14:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I watched the first episode but found the coincidences far too implausible. It seemed to me to be a variation on the original House of Cards.

80Film and TV review. - Page 4 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Nov 11 2020, 15:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well, you must have hated Killing Eve then.....I don't mind implausibility of plot if it's compensated for by great dialogue, acting....and a very good cause! Director/writer, David Hare, is one of our theatre giants.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum