Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go for Evatt?

+12
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
wessy
karlypants
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
observer
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:20 pm

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Yes he is the same school of thought as Parky, conservative football - not sure what your issue is with that?

Agree that Doyle is not getting the right service at the moment and is going too deep looking for the ball, that’s on Evatt to resolve now - which I’m sure he knows.
i bet cloughs sides have more shots on target in a game than evetts do, we have 70% possession in our own half that is what you call conservative football, Barrow have scored more goals than us this season, Ball rolled out to santos  from  keeper, 6 or 7 passes in our own half, get to half way line then pass it back to same centre half, who will kick it long to no one

42Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:21 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Gnanduillet’s interesting I don’t know much about him, but not a bad record. If he’s in the country and willing to play for us then great.
He's signed for Hearts i think?

43Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:00 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This pack of card is teetering.

44Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:11 pm

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Yes he is the same school of thought as Parky, conservative football - not sure what your issue is with that?

Agree that Doyle is not getting the right service at the moment and is going too deep looking for the ball, that’s on Evatt to resolve now - which I’m sure he knows.
Just watched us play morecambe evatt has got to be the worst manager in league 2 with these players the previous manager would have us top of this division, when we are middle of the table next year they might have the bolox to sack him

45Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:04 am

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Get rid of him now. 19th in L2 is a disgrace and most other managers in this league would at least have this squad in the playoff positions by now.

46Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:21 am

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

finlaymcdanger wrote:Get rid of him now. 19th in L2 is a disgrace and most other managers in this league would at least have this squad in the playoff positions by now.
Totally agree with you, the tactics are awful 8 or 9 passes and we dont go over the halfway line he tells them to play like this man for man we have by far the best squad in this division but that cunt of a manager is holding them back

47Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:33 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

blue66 wrote:
Totally agree with you, the tactics are awful 8 or 9 passes and we dont go over the halfway line he tells them to play like this man for man we have by far the best squad in this division but that cunt of a manager is holding them back
Absolutely no idea about how professional football actually works.
And I'm talking about you, not Evatt.

48Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:37 am

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

wanderlust wrote:
Absolutely no idea about how professional football actually works.
And I'm talking about you, not Evatt.
Go on then tell me how it works

49Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:20 am

finlaymcdanger wrote:Get rid of him now. 19th in L2 is a disgrace and most other managers in this league would at least have this squad in the playoff positions by now.

Ha what?! We were cruising up until Maddison got himself sent off. Are you going to call for the sack whenever we drop points now?

50Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:12 am

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Ha what?! We were cruising up until Maddison got himself sent off. Are you going to call for the sack whenever we drop points now?
Cruising ? they had just hit the cross bar before he got sent off and we have been dropping points all season thats why we are sat in this league position

51Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 am

True they hit the crossbar, but that doesn't mean they were battering the door down. Since the subs had come on we had started playing again. Clear to me that the sending off was the turning point.

52Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:29 am

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:True they hit the crossbar, but that doesn't mean they were battering the door down. Since the subs had come on we had started playing again. Clear to me that the sending off was the turning point.
Not in the game i watched, our 2 centre backs and keeper had more of the ball than the other 19 players on the pitch the football is shocking and he must be the worst manager in this league

53Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:40 am

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

HA. WHAT?! This isn't about a sending off. In case you hadn't noticed we're 19th after 26 games and four places above relegation to The National League. CRUISING?! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

54Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:50 am

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

finlaymcdanger wrote:

HA. WHAT?! This isn't about a sending off. In case you hadn't noticed we're 19th after 26 games and four places above relegation to The National League. CRUISING?! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
Its all ok cos the manager says we dont need to go up this season, i also like his tactic lets make sure a team have not scored before the 60 minute mark and then we blow them off the park because they will be that knackered after chasing shadows for the first 60. What a complete PRICK we have in charge

55Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:02 am

finlaymcdanger wrote:

Don't think anybody - including the manager - is saying 19th in League 2 is acceptable. But he's had half a season in charge and an entire football club to rebuild, so long as there's significant improvement in the second half of the season and momentum built going into next season ill be happy.

Cruising (as you know) was referring to this game, which we were.

56Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:17 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were cruising so I'm not sure why the manager brought Maddison on.

I've only seen the tackle once in real time so can't comment whether it was a sending off or not, but what I will say is it was a reckless tackle in the current climate.

I don't think we've progressed at all under this manager, we are going to finish mid-table (at best) which is a fooking disgrace.

It makes me angry that we paid compensation to Barrow to get this guy, so it's very doubtful the club can afford to sack him. Would Hill have done any worse? Unlikely.

57Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:20 am

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Don't think anybody - including the manager is saying 19th in League 2 is acceptable. But he's had half a season in charge with prob the best players in league 2, so long as there's significant improvement in the second half of the season and we can climb up to eighteenth we will have built momentum to take into next season ill be happy.

Cruising (as you know) was referring to this game, which we were

58Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:21 am

I couldn’t tell if it was a sending off or not either to be honest, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse debut for us. Tried to be over elaborate with almost every pass or touch he had, and gave the ball away every time (including for his red card).

59Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:52 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I couldn’t tell if it was a sending off or not either to be honest, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse debut for us. Tried to be over elaborate with almost every pass or touch he had, and gave the ball away every time (including for his red card).
I felt a red card was a little harsh, but we'll see if it's overturned. I doubt it will.
Maddison is typical of the type of player who thinks he's better than he is, and should really be playing at a higher level. One black boot, one yellow, 'look at me'. 
This has been his problem at his previous clubs, and, at 27, we might be his last chance.
I won't throw him under the bus for his sending off, but he needs to knuckle down and show us he's as good on the pitch as he is in his head.
Must say though, I was favourably impressed by the young lad from West Ham.

60Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:55 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone really expect us to go up this season? We've had back to back relegation's and had to rebuild the entire squad both times. I may be a pessimist but i'll take us staying in the football league at the moment.

As for Maddison, it looked harsh to me but he did show even if the few minutes he was on that he is a good player. He was maybe trying too hard to impress but he will be an asset to us in the last few months of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum