Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did your heart sink?

+9
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
azreal88
Sluffy
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
doffcocker
13 posters

Reply to topic

Were you displeased that we equalised?

Did your heart sink? Vote_lcap50%Did your heart sink? Vote_rcap 50% [ 12 ]
Did your heart sink? Vote_lcap50%Did your heart sink? Vote_rcap 50% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did your heart sink? Empty Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 22:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton's second goal keeps Clueless in a job, and Kevin Davies in the team until his 58th birthday.

When it went in, I wanted to kick my chair and ask surrounding people why on earth they would be happy - we were ten minutes away from seeing the back of the parasite that is Owen Coyle. All things considered, it's a point we could easily have afforded.

We're all friends here, so please vote honestly.

2Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 22:47

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

fair enough davies go the 2 goals but the rest of the game he was shite. Cant have a player on the team just to get a couple of lucky headers. Stick me in them positions and I'll score them. Fucking fuming after tonight if you cant tell!!!!!!!!!

3Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 22:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sometimes lumping it forward works ..... as with 2 nod ins by SKD..... but overall in the course of the season it's poor.

The downside is that OC keeps the job and SKD gets 10 more games..... non stop to mediocre mid to lower table a best.

4Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 23:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's killing me - metaphorically anyway - I want Coyle out - been wanting that for over a season now - but can't even wish us to lose even one game even though it might get exactly that.

Damn Coyle - just go - clueless, absolutely clueless.

5Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 23:11

azreal88

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hang on. The result was crap and in the end it's about results, but two questions.

How were they lucky headers?
And did people seriously go to the game wanting to see a loss?

6Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 23:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll take someone playing crap for the game to score 2 "lucky" headers all day long. However we are still not winning games we should have, the table doesnt lie, changes need to be made.

7Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 23:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So despite Davies being our most effective striker by far this season your still not happy with him? Hes either assisted or scored 7 of our 12 goals ! Can't believe someone can actually be upset by a striker scoring two goals.

As for Coyle, im not convinced he would have gone if we had lost anyway, he has another penalty as an excuse, and we weren't outplayed.

My heart sinks when I look at our position, but not when we score. You might say im not looking at the bigger picture but if I ever get to the point when im celebrating that were losing I want someone to punch me - its just not right

8Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Tue Oct 02 2012, 23:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyles already 7 points off his target of 2 points a game - played 9 - 11 points

Just to get back on track he has to win the next SEVEN consecutive league games - played 16 - 32 points.

Anybody think he's going to do that?

No, I thought not.

9Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 10:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, I was annoyed to equalise. That one point has given Coyle at least another week.

10Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 11:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Millwall game will be the be all and end all. After that there is an international break. The board have ten days to make a decision. Stick or Twist ?

My concern if Coyle goes is that whoever comes in will want his own backroom stsff and will probably want a decent budget to buy his own players in the January transfer window. Any new incumbent will need time and there is no guarantee that results will improve.

With the new TV sponsorship deal there is a pot of gold to the tune of about 40 million to the successful three who make it up for next season. That is an awful lot of Wonga.

Personally, if I was Chairman Phil I would stick with Coyle until at least Christmas. The fans were not all that vociferous towards Coyle last night so I think there is still time to turn things round. If we can turn things round over the next eight games by actually picking up all three points on offer then the dynamics will change.

11Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:58

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I think the Millwall game will be the be all and end all. After that there is an international break. The board have ten days to make a decision. Stick or Twist ?

My concern if Coyle goes is that whoever comes in will want his own backroom stsff and will probably want a decent budget to buy his own players in the January transfer window. Any new incumbent will need time and there is no guarantee that results will improve.

With the new TV sponsorship deal there is a pot of gold to the tune of about 40 million to the successful three who make it up for next season. That is an awful lot of Wonga.

Personally, if I was Chairman Phil I would stick with Coyle until at least Christmas. The fans were not all that vociferous towards Coyle last night so I think there is still time to turn things round. If we can turn things round over the next eight games by actually picking up all three points on offer then the dynamics will change.

To be fair, RT, is that just plainly wishful thinking. When was the last time Coyle had a decent run of wins and draws that ddidn't extend past 3 games (and not all of them wins)?

12Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 13:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

JonnyRandom wrote:fair enough davies go the 2 goals but the rest of the game he was shite. Cant have a player on the team just to get a couple of lucky headers.

Did you go the game because that's a joke of a post.

If you're going have a go at the strikers have a look at Sordell and Ngog, not the one who is scoring and setting up chances, what do you want him to do?

13Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 13:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree 71. It is wishful thinking on my part. I haven't really seen any outstanding teams in the Championship so far so I am wearing my optimistic hat.

Blackburn, Blackpool, Brighton and Leicester should provide stern tests as to what our aspirations actually are.

14Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 16:10

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:I agree 71. It is wishful thinking on my part. I haven't really seen any outstanding teams in the Championship so far so I am wearing my optimistic hat.

... and here I was thinking that was a wig.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 18:34

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:
JonnyRandom wrote:fair enough davies go the 2 goals but the rest of the game he was shite. Cant have a player on the team just to get a couple of lucky headers.

Did you go the game because that's a joke of a post.

If you're going have a go at the strikers have a look at Sordell and Ngog, not the one who is scoring and setting up chances, what do you want him to do?

Yes i did go to the game and i cant believe we can only score from corners and free kicks. We cant everygame be waiting for a corner just to score. His play in between i wasnt impressed with. To me it wasnt a joke if a post ta

16Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Wed Oct 03 2012, 23:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:

Yes i did go to the game and i cant believe we can only score from corners and free kicks. We cant everygame be waiting for a corner just to score. His play in between i wasnt impressed with. To me it wasnt a joke if a post ta

So if he scores two goals every game all season and ends up with 60+ goals will you still moan?

17Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Thu Oct 04 2012, 00:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
JonnyRandom wrote:

So if he scores two goals every game all season and ends up with 60+ goals will you still moan?
We all will because more often than not we will let 2 in also.

18Did your heart sink? Empty Re: Did your heart sink? Thu Oct 04 2012, 16:42

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
JonnyRandom wrote:

No i wouldnt moan but can you honestly see that happening? Haha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum