Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salford 0-1 Bolton

+10
boltonbonce
karlypants
Sluffy
wessy
wanderlust
Norpig
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Salford 0-1 Bolton Sun Apr 11 2021, 16:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hard game on Tuesday, shame fans aren't back in grounds yet, this would have had a massive following, they seem to have found some form just at the right time, only club in England not to have lost a home game, would take a point, sadly see us losing this.

3-1

2Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Sun Apr 11 2021, 18:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Salford 3-0 Bolton

Dicked.

3Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Sun Apr 11 2021, 20:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ll end their unbeaten home record with a bang

4Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 08:04

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Salford 0 - 2 Bolton.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd love a win but we aren't playing well at the moment and Salford will be looking to get into the play-offs. I can see a 1-1 draw which wouldn't be the worst result to be honest.

6Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 08:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'd love a win but we aren't playing well at the moment and Salford will be looking to get into the play-offs. I can see a 1-1 draw which wouldn't be the worst result to be honest.
Not sure. We still have to play three of the four form teams fighting for a play off spot - who all have a game in hand on us - so we really need something from every game - and if automatic promotion is the aim we could really do with winning most of them.

Salford went on a bad run after a great start but now they seem to be picking up again and will see this game as a must win so we’ll need to be on top form.

With Morecambe, Exeter and Carlisle still to come we really have to win.

Unfortunately, if we give away the ball and allow as many chances as we did on Saturday we’ll get battered by the better teams so I’m still hoping for that long-awaited improvement needed to control games. Otherwise it’s the play off lottery for us....

....which ain’t bad considering where we were in December.

7Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 11:10

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

On points per game 76 gets third spot 2 points a game so 3 wins and 3 draws gets you over the line on present stats.

Salford sounds tough but we have been pretty good away. No team stands out in this division, so it's a suprise that they are unbeaten at home, law of averages says they can be beaten, depends if we are alert from the first whistle till last.

8Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 12:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

9Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Mon Apr 12 2021, 14:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From one of the more reasonable Salford chatrooms:
This is an absolute biggie is it not? Not just because of who were playing but where we are now in our ‘recovery’. 

Bolton have 10 points in their last 5 games but have scored only 5 goals. So they aren’t too prolific right now either. Overall, their away form is impressive, with a goal haul of 25. But they have also conceded 24 away from home. So on recent form, we should have some confidence playing at home. It may all depend on how well our defence can manage a certain striker, who currently has 17 goals. 

For us, Hendo is now on 14 goals and suddenly looks more lively about the pitch. BTA had a cracker on Saturday and was unlucky not to bag 2 goals. We have a strong bench with Boyd looking good when he comes on. But it’s still hard to tell how we have progressed under GB. The signs are good and each performance has seen an improvement. But this is the ultimate test of where we are in the pecking order now. It’s very winnable, but Bolton are a strong team and will take some breaking down.

Be good to get one over out distressed gentry neighbours. Think Bolton might be happy with a point, but if we win we might meet them in the play-offs!

We've never yet put three consecutive wins on the table during our EFL tenure so how sweet would it be if we were finally able to do it this time if only to hear Jack Dearden and 'Super' John McGinlay's reaction on Radio Bolton (sorry GMR) as well as the Bolton fan who repeatedly called us a 'pub team' on a recent post match phone in. Admittedly John McGinlay is the more fair minded of the two whereas Jack Dearden is biased beyond belief in his commentating. I am so looking forward to this game.

10Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 13:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 18:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JUst went on Ifollow to get my match pass, signed in and it went straight to the stream without me having paid. There was a match earlier in the season that was cancelled - is this the replacement as regards paying?

12Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 18:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:JUst went on Ifollow to get my match pass, signed in and it went straight to the stream without me having paid. There was a match earlier in the season that was cancelled - is this the replacement as regards paying?
They took my ten bloody quid!

13Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 18:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

14Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 18:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 21:01

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What a great result and looking very good now, Salford played well but we had enough to see them off.

16Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 21:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

17Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 21:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Title charge. Could be top Saturday night

18Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 21:50

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We won again? Mad Evil or Very Mad ::mad:: ::seething2::

This is completely unacceptable! :cop: :gun: :nono:

I am being robbed of my sacred right to whinge about our crappy team getting crappy results! :bomb: :wtf2: :flog: :Overreact:

I can't believe we are actual promotion contenders!  :nopoints:

Hasn't anyone told Ian Evatt that's NOT what Bolton Wanderers Football Club is about?  Evil or Very Mad Question ..dunno.. 

Being serious for a moment now. We do seem to finally be on the right road to at least begin to bounce back after several very difficult years. It's just a shame none of us are able to be there to cheer the lads on in person. They're all doing a tremendous job in incredibly difficult circumstances. I just hope FV have things as well organised off the field as Ian and his staff have on field. :clap: :number1: :good:

19Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Tue Apr 13 2021, 23:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another unconvincing win but our defending has to be applauded even though we gave them several chances to score, got away with a nailed on penalty decision and were under the cosh for long periods. We were much better in midfield for the most part and young George is proving to be a good player in the making especially if he cuts out some of his more speculative passes that occasionally go astray. Isgrove's work rate was phenomenal again and Williams is perfect for what we need. I like Lee's close control but his finishing is woeful and he's had a lot of chances in recent games.
With other results going our way again we've somehow managed to put a bit of distance between us and the pack as far as automatic promotion goes but we will have to maintain the performance levels against some tougher opposition coming up notably Morecambe away. Hopefully by the time we go there we'll still have some breathing space as they're only 4 points behind us and have a much easier run in "on paper" and now they're our main rivals.

Bottom of the table Grimsby up next so providing there's no complacency we should be able to keep Morecambe at arms length for now - but as Walsall and Barrow showed tonight, there are no guarantees in this league.
Every game a cup final.......

20Salford 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Salford 0-1 Bolton Wed Apr 14 2021, 07:07

Did you watch the game Lusty? Think you’re being a bit harsh. One of the best all round performances I’ve seen from us this season, I thought we were brilliant. We won every second ball, matched Salford’s physicality throughout and looked dangerous every time we broke. We were playing an in form team who hadn’t lost at home all season, we were always going to be on the back foot for periods but the defence again stood up well.

Also thought Dapo and Isgrove were fantastic, as much for what they did off the ball as on it, both won the ball back multiple times and carried it long distances. Dapo over plays quite often but I can’t remember having a winger who beats his man so often and his work rate is perfect for Evatt’s press.

Thomason also quality again, love watching him play. We’re still struggling for goals but so long as we keep nicking it who cares.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum