Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

European Super League

+6
Natasha Whittam
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 08:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Man Utd are ALWAYS the ringleaders
Bob it's finally happened, something we agree on  cheers

22European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 08:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

And let's be honest which one of us would turn our back on BWFC if we were one of the big six - 

I would.

23European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 08:53

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
Bob it's finally happened, something we agree on  cheers
What joy it is when at least one penny drops  Very Happy

24European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 09:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I would.
 I know a lot of United and City fans so it will be interesting to see what they do if this does go ahead. One of my friends is a massive City fan and is dead against it but who knows what will happen? It would be hard to stop following a team just like that.

Altrincham are offering a discount to swap their support from the likes of United and City and will give them a 10% discount on a season ticket for next year  Very Happy

Last edited by Norpig on Tue Apr 20 2021, 10:40; edited 1 time in total

25European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 09:04

boltonbonce wrote:
I would.

Me too, I’d be ashamed to support any of these clubs at the moment - which is what most fans seem to be. Sport is about competition, the whole purpose of this league is to get rid of that.

26European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 09:06

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I would.
It was during the Allardyce years that a lot of Bolton supporters became glory-hunters and avid consumers of tripe and hogwash. The penny still hasn't dropped with most that it all depended on spending more than you could afford.

27European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 09:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Abraham Lincoln said, "Too many pigs for the teats".

28European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 10:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we've all been passively complicit in this. When Anderson was trying to sell us, we were all hoping for a rich sugar daddy to appear, whether he be American, or a wealthy Sheikh.
It's easy to be pious when you've not been invited to the orgy.

29European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 10:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone really think the 6 teams will be booted out of the Premier league? If they are then it devalues the whole pyramid and the desire to get to the Premiership may not be as strong. Imagine the next TV deal if that happens, it will be peanuts compared to the present one.

If the teams stay then they will obviously prioritise the ESL and have what will be in effect a B team in the Premiership which is just as bad as kicking them out. Also imagine if an ESL's B team found themselves relegated from the Premiership, what happens then?

So many questions but i have a feeling even with all the uproar at the moment that this will happen and ruin our beautiful game for good.

30European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 11:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

GN pretty much agrees with you Mr Pig.

31European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 12:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:And let's be honest which one of us would turn our back on BWFC if we were one of the big six - 
I would.

It's not exactly the same thing but I was absolutely disgusted when Diouf dived for the penalty against Blackburn and said so on the forum I was on at the time and got roundly hammered by everyone else on there who were only bothered about the win and not about the 'game'.

I would bet if Super League did happen then many of the 'big six' clubs fans would be still following them irrespective about any other clubs left behind - Christ look at the indifference most people had on here when it looked like Wigan was about to go under - even the Supporters Trust who are all about individual teams standing together, couldn't be arsed to help out in any way the club most closest in distance to us!!!

Yes a few principled fans would step away but I bet most Bolton fans would just love it lording it up over the likes of Blackburn, Tranmere, Wolves fans and other clubs who were left behind whilst we played the cream of Europe every week.

Fans are fickle, remember!

Anyway we aren't invited to the ball so we don't have to worry about principle v club, do we.

32European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 12:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Diving is endemic. Michael Owen did it against Argentina, but no one raised an eyebrow. 

Interesting piece in the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/outrage-european-super-league-football-23939340

33European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 13:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Diving is endemic. Michael Owen did it against Argentina, but no one raised an eyebrow. 

Interesting piece in the Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/outrage-european-super-league-football-23939340

There's loads of stuff endemic in football - cheating, greed, laddism, racism and no doubt corruption but it doesn't make it right does it?

I'm not a moralist, I know the world isn't perfect and I can't even change a few closed minds on here - never mind the real world.

At the end of the day football is just a group of young vastly over paid men kicking a ball about playing a game.  If people put a value on that and want to spend their money watching them on the TV - and the TV audience is worldwide - then it becomes all about money.

It always has been - the rich clubs always buy the best players from the poorer clubs - we sold David Jack to Arsenal for a world record fee about a hundred years ago - so it's nothing new.

I don't watch the PL now, so it doesn't really matter much to me if the Super League takes off or not.

There's clearly a market for the ESL otherwise UEFA wouldn't be trying to tinker about with the Champions League to try and stop the clubs setting one up and why should the club owners worry about the fans - look at how Anderson was treated here, even before he stepped through the door!

They mainly are in it for either the money or the vanity, not many at the top table are in it because of the love of the game.

The game is already broken for me when players demand half a million pounds a week to play - ffs as the world gone mad???

How much money can you even spend in your lifetime?

It's just greed and the game isn't about the 'people' that's a myth - it's about money and getting stupidly rich.

Even at little old Bolton we are only doing well because we've paid good money for the likes of Doyle and Sarcevic - they aren't here because we pay peanuts are they?

If Salford would have paid them more they'd be there and not with us - and Salford would be pushing for promotion and not BWFC.

You need to probably do something like they do in the NFL where the crapiest teams from last year get the first pick of the best players - if you want to have a more equal league - but that won't be happening any time soon.

We get what we deserve they say - maybe the ESL is just that because we've already sold football's soul to the PL almost thirty years ago!

Also why are politicians getting involved with football - I'm not understanding this?

They aren't the regulatory body for the game and as far as I can understand things the clubs aren't doing anything illegal if they did set up the ESL.

Am I missing something?

34European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 13:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The likes of BoJo are doing it for the brownie points but if they can influence or put in legislation stopping this happening then they've done a good job in my eyes.

35European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 13:46

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

And here's a neat little dive from Saint Marcus of Rashford.

36European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 14:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

There's loads of stuff endemic in football - cheating, greed, laddism, racism and no doubt corruption but it doesn't make it right does it?

I'm not a moralist, I know the world isn't perfect and I can't even change a few closed minds on here - never mind the real world.

At the end of the day football is just a group of young vastly over paid men kicking a ball about playing a game.  If people put a value on that and want to spend their money watching them on the TV - and the TV audience is worldwide - then it becomes all about money.

It always has been - the rich clubs always buy the best players from the poorer clubs - we sold David Jack to Arsenal for a world record fee about a hundred years ago - so it's nothing new.

I don't watch the PL now, so it doesn't really matter much to me if the Super League takes off or not.

There's clearly a market for the ESL otherwise UEFA wouldn't be trying to tinker about with the Champions League to try and stop the clubs setting one up and why should the club owners worry about the fans - look at how Anderson was treated here, even before he stepped through the door!

They mainly are in it for either the money or the vanity, not many at the top table are in it because of the love of the game.

The game is already broken for me when players demand half a million pounds a week to play - ffs as the world gone mad???

How much money can you even spend in your lifetime?

It's just greed and the game isn't about the 'people' that's a myth - it's about money and getting stupidly rich.

Even at little old Bolton we are only doing well because we've paid good money for the likes of Doyle and Sarcevic - they aren't here because we pay peanuts are they?

If Salford would have paid them more they'd be there and not with us - and Salford would be pushing for promotion and not BWFC.

You need to probably do something like they do in the NFL where the crapiest teams from last year get the first pick of the best players - if you want to have a more equal league - but that won't be happening any time soon.

We get what we deserve they say - maybe the ESL is just that because we've already sold football's soul to the PL almost thirty years ago!

Also why are politicians getting involved with football - I'm not understanding this?

They aren't the regulatory body for the game and as far as I can understand things the clubs aren't doing anything illegal if they did set up the ESL.

Am I missing something?

37European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 14:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

38European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't stop singing 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' all fooking week now.

Bellend.

39European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 15:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I won't stop singing 'The Sun Has Got His Hat On' all fooking week now.

Bellend.
Great news. Preston is in for a treat. cheers

40European Super League - Page 2 Empty Re: European Super League Tue Apr 20 2021, 15:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:The likes of BoJo are doing it for the brownie points but if they can influence or put in legislation stopping this happening then they've done a good job in my eyes.
The trouble is....Boris' interventions can sometimes be disastrous.....Just ask the family of Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum