Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crawley 1-4 Bolton

+14
Boggersbelief
wessy
Sluffy
dutchwhites63
okocha
boltonbonce
terenceanne
wanderlust
Norpig
Whitesince63
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
karlypants
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sun May 02 2021, 10:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure you will all be happy to know that this game will now be broadcast live on Sky and will not be available on iFollow!

It's now do or die!

Can we get the win we need to go up?

Last edited by karlypants on Sat May 08 2021, 16:55; edited 1 time in total

2Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sun May 02 2021, 14:04

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably not.

3Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sun May 02 2021, 14:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly, I've seen nothing to change my mind that we will lose in the play-offs.

If we went there with an attacking intent, played two proper strikers, and took the game to Crawley I'd fancy us. But we all know Evans won't change his cautious approach, it'll be more of the same.

4Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sun May 02 2021, 14:13

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I expect us to lose to Tranmere in the play-offs.

5Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sun May 02 2021, 16:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I also believe Crawley is our last chance, and with a tired and switched-off team, I'm not making plans for any celebrations, at this time.

6Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Thu May 06 2021, 11:25

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What a bloody miserable lot you are. I know we were pants in the second half Saturday but everyone has a bad day at the office at some time and let’s not forget that we are still in an automatic promotion spot and it’s still within our own hands. It’s natural as Wanderers fans to be pessimistic, it goes with the territory but come on, chins up, the boys will do this. I think the players will know that they let themselves down badly last weekend and will want to make up for it, so I’m entirely confident that we’ll make it. The only real problem we have is scoring, everything else about the team is best in class at this level and it’s still inexplicable to me how so many of our players have missed so many easy chances. 

It doesn’t look like Lee will make it so George looks nailed on to start but personally I’d bench Sarce because he just never got into the game against Exeter and looked nowhere near match fit and start Miller up alongside Doyle instead. In fact I think I’d even play Miller as main striker with Doyle supporting because Miller is a better target man and it may benefit Doyle to play off someone? Other than that I don’t see much changing and indeed we shouldn’t because this isn’t the time to be experimenting and taking risks. So let’s just trust the guys to get the job done. They messed up last week but they can make up for it on Saturday.

7Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Thu May 06 2021, 11:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guaranteed we would beat Exeter so i take full responsibility for us losing but i'm convinced we will put it right and win on Saturday.

8Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Thu May 06 2021, 11:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I really do hope your right 63. All I've seen in the last few games is a tired team that is slowly grinding to a halt, although I would expect them to show up on the day, and play as well as we know they can.

9Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Thu May 06 2021, 12:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exeter was always going to be a tough game and I suspect it wasn't just the fans that underestimated them.

Crawley is a different kettle of fish - they are the classic banana skin.

On their day they can beat anyone in this league - having beaten Cheltenham, Salford, Tranmere and Exeter for example - but they occasionally have a stinker (as we do!) which is why they're out of the playoff picture.

Maybe that will work in our favour but I wouldn't bet the farm on it - they definitely have something to prove but if we can take the lead and ideally add to it, there's a decent chance they'll fold completely. However that requires us to score first and the danger is that if we push for the early goal they'll be looking to counter and perhaps nick the first goal themselves - and that would be a disaster for us.

Their season has petered off recently with a loss and a couple of draws but with a draw not being enough for certainty we need to play at our absolute best - and despite scraping a few results we haven't done that for a while.

Perhaps the stark reality of our position will galvanise the players this time? I honestly can't say whether Saturday will bring glory or national humiliation on SKY.

And God knows what failure to get promoted would mean for the club finances and the team but there'll be plenty laughing if we don't make it.

10Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Thu May 06 2021, 13:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'm convinced we will put it right and win on Saturday.

I hope you are right Norpig.

I have a buffet riding on this win. The usual stuff of vol au vents, pork haslet, quiche, pork pies even those cheese and pickled onions on a cocktail stick washed down with lots's of beer. Very Happy

11Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Thu May 06 2021, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:What a bloody miserable lot you are. I know we were pants in the second half Saturday but everyone has a bad day at the office

The problem is we've had too many bad days at the office of late. Let's be honest, we've been pretty rubbish these last few weeks.

You suggest the manager might pick Miller & Doyle, which is something I would definitely do, but there is absolutely no way he will do it - it'll be the usual team selection and tactics.

12Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Fri May 07 2021, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Feeling nervous about tomorrow already!

13Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Fri May 07 2021, 08:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't leave it to chance. Make sure you have plenty of Imodium in!

14Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Fri May 07 2021, 09:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Don't leave it to chance. Make sure you have plenty of Imodium in!
Very Happy

15Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Fri May 07 2021, 11:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The problem is we've had too many bad days at the office of late. Let's be honest, we've been pretty rubbish these last few weeks.

You suggest the manager might pick Miller & Doyle, which is something I would definitely do, but there is absolutely no way he will do it - it'll be the usual team selection and tactics.

Sadly, I don’t think he’ll start both Miller and Doyle either Nat and stick instead with the usual picks but actually, although results recently have been poor, our first half performances have been good, other than missing chances. If we can get a couple of early goals and lead at half time, it will not only energise our own players but demoralise those of Morecambe and Cambridge whatever they’re doing. I don’t accept that attacking necessarily mean sacrificing your defence, it’s not about going hung ho, it’s just about playing our quick tempo pass and move instead of retreating back into the slowly, slowly method they can fall back into. I’m confident we’ll win. Crawley might start quickly but if we can get a couple up I don’t see them raising their game.

16Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Fri May 07 2021, 16:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He'll probably bring MILLER on in the 85th minute when the score is 1-1.

17Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Fri May 07 2021, 23:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sat May 08 2021, 11:40

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gents,

Does anybody know how I can watch the game in the USA.    Any links etc?

19Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sat May 08 2021, 12:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Gents,

There is a provisional link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keep your eye out closer to the time for a link (you may need to refresh).

I have used this site a few times on my iphone to watch Premier Leauge games so you should be ok after a few spam popups.

Hope this helps!

20Crawley 1-4 Bolton Empty Re: Crawley 1-4 Bolton Sat May 08 2021, 12:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Gents,

Sorry mate - absolutely no idea other than scouring the net. But I hope you do find something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum