Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about the Board

+10
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
Keegan
CEF
doffcocker
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
Alf Hooker
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 12:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:PG has flown out to Mexico apparently. Why would he do that at a time like this when he will need to be in the UK for negotiations with any potential managerial candidates ?

Bizarre, ill-timed, or what ?

.... or he didn't fly to Mexico?

22Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 12:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

.... or he didn't fly to Mexico?

Are you doubting Chris Amos?

23Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 12:34

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not really as one can have meetings via Skype nowadays. The number of video meetings I have in a month is on the increase and it saves travelling costs. Saying that I had a Skype interview yesterday with a firm in Prague. Also how difficult is it to post an Official Statement online no matter which country one is in.

24Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 14:08

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If it's true that Uncle Eddie ordered the sacking over Gartside's head, this just shows what a complete waste of space (and 500k+ per year) Gartside really is. I don't see how the club can make any real progress while he's still in that post.

25Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 14:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps Eddie told Gartsy to have a few days break out of the way just to let the dust settle. Not many were having a go at him when he signed Coyle but now he is coming in for some stick as well. It's a funny old game.

26Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does it mean that the entire backroom team also go automatically?

27Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 19:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They have all gone. Davis, Stewart and the chubby fitness coach.

28Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 20:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

...and the Kit Man?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

29Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 20:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:...and the Kit Man?

I thought he was the chubby fitness coach ?

30Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 21:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He was the kit man and coyles brother in law.

31Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 21:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well if he was the kit man how come they never did his shirt in a large ?

32Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 23:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Alf Hooker wrote:Serious question here, apart from Gartside who seemingly is taking a course in 'Deckchair Rearranging'. what exactly do they do? why are they there? what is the point of them? are they just trousering their slice of the pie until they get found out? I honestly don't know but I want to...

Sorry, been out much of today, so just got around to this.

I assume you want a serious reply - so here goes.

Any private business as a owner or owners. The owner/s appoint the 'board' to oversee that the business is being run properly. That means that the board can appoint / sack the businesses Chief Executive / Managing Director.

BWFC is more or less owned by Eddie Davies - he appoints the board (and can sack them too) - so they basically do what Eddie tells them too.

The head of the board (it's chairman) is Phil Gartside.

The head of Bolton Wanderers was ( - I've not looked to see who it now is) its Chief Executive, Alan Duckworth - who quit at the end of last season.

The manger of the club was up to today, as you know Owen Coyle. Gartside appointed him.

If Eddie Davies is unhappy with the way his club as been run recently he can if he wishes 'sack' Gartside - and any other board members he chooses too.

Hope that answers your question Alf.

33Question about the Board - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about the Board Wed Oct 10 2012, 08:41

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Cheers for that, and I thought as much in a roundabout way, What I couldn't work out was Gartsides stubborn refusal to anything about the clubs predicament in an almost "I'm not going to let the proles tell me what to do" way. That he would rather us go down again than have his hand forced. If has been suggested that ED did over-rule him, then there may be a little hope that his tenure at the helm may be coming to an end. While Coyles removal has been 12 months too late in my view I hold little expectation if Gartside gets involved in the selection process

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum