Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The site

+7
Hip Priest
gloswhite
Cajunboy
Feby
Sluffy
Norpig
okocha
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The site Empty The site Tue Jul 20 2021, 08:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The site is surely a place where we should be free to express our opinions on a wide range of topics (including BWFC) so as to enjoy a healthy debate together or just share common interests and funny stories and witticisms.....without fear of being shot down aggressively. 

The fact is that several really interesting, worthwhile members have recently felt they do not wish to contribute any more or have been made to feel unwelcome as their words get immediately pounced on for unnecessary, hostile criticism.

It would be a shame if the site were to peter out altogether. Tolerance will ensure a future so that the site will be able to thrive again.

Enjoy the majority, ignore the few, tolerate all others unless they break the law.

2The site Empty Re: The site Tue Jul 20 2021, 08:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are of course free to post your opinions on here, just as long as Sluffy agrees with them. If not then expect to become his next obsession not that Lusty has been banished for good.  I see Hip Priest has already applied for the job of Sluffys main irritant and number one target Very Happy

3The site Empty Re: The site Tue Jul 20 2021, 11:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:You are of course free to post your opinions on here, just as long as Sluffy agrees with them. If not then expect to become his next obsession not that Lusty has been banished for good.  I see Hip Priest has already applied for the job of Sluffys main irritant and number one target Very Happy

People are free to post up any opinions they want (providing they are legal of course) whether I agree with them or not.

However if you post utter bollocks, and I know it to be so, I'll reply with actual facts.

Isn't that what forums are meant to work, by means of informed debate?

If people want to spout bollocks and do not wish to hear any replies that are contrary to their misinformed views then go on twitter, spout your bile and anger on there, and block anyone from trying to better inform you of the facts and figures that refute your ill informed assertions and statements.

You can join in and 'follow' like minded 'haters' and follow (and believe as gospel) your favourite 'influencers' and agree with each other in this parallel internet world of yours that is completely divorced from reality.

That's what most blinkered, biased and prejudicial people do these days and why forums are a thing of the past.

It's as simple as that.

4The site Empty Re: The site Tue Jul 20 2021, 12:22

Feby

David Ngog
David Ngog

Come on, we all know the real reason Sluffy hates Twitter is because he's limited to 240 characters. The horror...  Laughing

5The site Empty Re: The site Tue Jul 20 2021, 12:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:The site is surely a place where we should be free to express our opinions on a wide range of topics (including BWFC) so as to enjoy a healthy debate together or just share common interests and funny stories and witticisms.....without fear of being shot down aggressively. 

The fact is that several really interesting, worthwhile members have recently felt they do not wish to contribute any more or have been made to feel unwelcome as their words get immediately pounced on for unnecessary, hostile criticism.

It would be a shame if the site were to peter out altogether. Tolerance will ensure a future so that the site will be able to thrive again.

Enjoy the majority, ignore the few, tolerate all others unless they break the law.
Precious.

6The site Empty Re: The site Tue Jul 20 2021, 14:32

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Cajunboy wrote:
Precious.
Yes, darling.....?

7The site Empty Re: The site Tue Jul 20 2021, 20:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Laughing

8The site Empty Re: The site Wed Jul 21 2021, 00:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:The site is surely a place where we should be free to express our opinions on a wide range of topics (including BWFC) so as to enjoy a healthy debate together or just share common interests and funny stories and witticisms.....without fear of being shot down aggressively. 

Well said Okocha and it certainly needed saying.

9The site Empty Re: The site Wed Jul 21 2021, 00:39

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:You are of course free to post your opinions on here, just as long as Sluffy agrees with them. If not then expect to become his next obsession not that Lusty has been banished for good.  I see Hip Priest has already applied for the job of Sluffys main irritant and number one target Very Happy

I didn't apply for the job Norpig.  I was headhunted. By Sluffy himself.  Very Happy

10The site Empty Re: The site Wed Jul 21 2021, 00:44

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

People are free to post up any opinions they want (providing they are legal of course) whether I agree with them or not.

However if you post utter bollocks, and I know it to be so, I'll reply with actual facts.

Isn't that what forums are meant to work, by means of informed debate?

If people want to spout bollocks and do not wish to hear any replies that are contrary to their misinformed views then go on twitter, spout your bile and anger on there, and block anyone from trying to better inform you of the facts and figures that refute your ill informed assertions and statements.

You can join in and 'follow' like minded 'haters' and follow (and believe as gospel) your favourite 'influencers' and agree with each other in this parallel internet world of yours that is completely divorced from reality.

That's what most blinkered, biased and prejudicial people do these days and why forums are a thing of the past.

It's as simple as that.

:flog:

11The site Empty Re: The site Wed Jul 21 2021, 08:14

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apologies for going over old ground here, but Xmiles was an excellent, regular contributor to the site.....intelligent, fair-minded, interesting, principled.... yet he was wrongly accused of being a "fake poster" which infuriated him to the point where he gave up arguing that the accusation was completely unfounded and untrue....... and, in any case, it should not have mattered either way!

Losing his input was completely unnecessary but, quite understandably for someone so principled, he felt hounded and harassed to the point where he had no option but to resign.

Other good Nuts members have also left this year, all while our chief mod goes out of his way to deign to educate us at length and Tenbob sneers at us "twerps".....

12The site Empty Re: The site Tue Jul 27 2021, 10:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vic would do well on here. Very Happy

13The site Empty Been missing you Tue Jul 27 2021, 10:42

39er

39er
David Ngog
David Ngog

I left Bolton as an apprentice with DeHavilland in 1958 to work with them in Hatfield. The training and work (and the girl) made it impossible to consider moving back when the apprenticeship ended. But, I have never considered leaving MY football club. That includes all the good words and bile (my interpretations) I have read on line since sites, like this one, have produced to supplement my craving for news on what is going on with BWFC. Do keep it going in the way you do; as it reminds me of the debates we had in the pubs when I lived "up north".

14The site Empty Re: The site Thu Aug 19 2021, 22:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It didn't take long for me to be singled out again. Perhaps a little more tolerance of different opinions and even-handedness in the treatment of contributors from the management might help drag the site back from the edge of oblivion?

Now down to a couple of posts a day on some days so something has to change.

15The site Empty Re: The site Thu Aug 19 2021, 22:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to forget about all the nonsense, and start discussing serious matters.
For instance, ARM-FALL-OFF-BOY, the superhero with the ability to remove his own limbs, and use them as weapons.
That Hollywood has ignored this particular DC comic character is a disgrace. I want answers.

16The site Empty Re: The site Thu Aug 19 2021, 22:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sure he’s in the new suicide squad.  Wasn’t very good either Smile

17The site Empty Re: The site Thu Aug 19 2021, 22:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Sure he’s in the new suicide squad.  Wasn’t very good either Smile
Doesn't surprise me.
The site 3c8e64958c8fc39697030940f654fb988cd0a4be

18The site Empty Re: The site Thu Aug 19 2021, 23:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum