Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-4 Wigan

+14
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Keegan
Cajunboy
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Tue Oct 12 2021, 22:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got a bad feeling about this. Another bumper crowd expected. Don't send us home miserable.

22bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Tue Oct 12 2021, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I've got a bad feeling about this. Another bumper crowd expected. Don't send us home miserable.

I nearly wrote before our last home game - when we had such a big crowd - that it always seems to me (I've no proof, I've not bothered looking things up) that we more often than not cock-up the games when we have a big crowd, particularly at home.

I remember losing to Blackburn in an evening match in the 70's against Blackburn, the League Cup second leg against Everton after we had held them to a draw at their place, the home defeat to Wolves that gave them promotion and not us, the list is long over the years - indeed have we ever won a home game when we reduced the ticket price like we did for our last game!

Of course we do win the odd ones - last game at Burnden at the Forest game when we stayed up - but does seem to me we flop more times than others when the crowds and expectations are so high.

I do hope we beat Wigan though although my gut instinct based on so many disappointments is that we won't.

23bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Wed Oct 13 2021, 00:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have to be favourites for this if only on the basis of their results to date, league position and run of form. Add to that our inability to take the chances we create.
It's a huge ask - either Wigan have to have an off day or we have to improve considerably to get a win.
We can hope but I won't be counting any chickens.

24bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Wed Oct 13 2021, 00:25

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I’m hoping we get at least a point out of this game. Wednesday who I thought were very average beat them on their own turf a couple of weeks ago.

25bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Wed Oct 13 2021, 13:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y. wrote:Wigan have over performed so far, we’ve under. Can’t predict much about us these days so I won’t try but will be a good game if nothing else, is expect us to stick to the same team (barring suspensions?), onwards and upwards.

No one suspended yet although MJ Williams, Gethin Jones and Ricardo Santos are all on four yellow cards, just one away from a one-match suspension.

With eight games remaining until the cut-off point.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CORRECTION

Seems Jones was booked in the last match and so IS suspended for Wigan...

Wanderers will have a decision to make on the right side of their defence after Gethin Jones picked up his fifth league booking of the season at Hillsborough, meaning he will be suspended for Saturday.

26bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Wed Oct 13 2021, 13:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The obvious choice is Brockbank, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone played out of position there. Probably a left footed goalkeeper.

27bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Thu Oct 14 2021, 19:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I predict 2-1 to us and Dapo to find the net. As to RB I'm with Nat, it's got to be Brockbank if Jones is out.

28bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Fri Oct 15 2021, 12:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

29bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Fri Oct 15 2021, 13:46

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A bit worrying on the injury front not knowing who’s involved. Who would be the biggest misses for us, other than Gethin obviously, if they had to miss out. I’d say Dapo and MJ.

30bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Fri Oct 15 2021, 19:46

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The worry over who is injured could be crucial (Santos Dapo) or a red herring(Gilks Gordon) anything but a defeat for me, Wigan one of the better teams in this league, but so are Sunderland and Sheff Wed who we outplayed and still lost If we score we should be ok don't see us getting a clean sheet that's the worry, Still prefer us with Sheehan in the team, Just not sure how you fit him in.

31bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They've played two games less than us yet are 4 points ahead. They have a powerful forward line and are possibly the best team in the league IMO so we're really going to have to step up a gear or two to get anything from this. Maybe today's the day?
I bloody well hope so.

32bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 14:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

33bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 14:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live guys!

34bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 16:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An absolute load of wank this. Fucking shite Mad

35bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 16:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reality dawns?

36bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 17:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Couldn't go today as have man flu, but sounded fucking awful, don't think I heard Doyle's name mentioned once, Brockbank against McClean was only going to end up one way, Gordon sounded awful too, so we were up against it from the off, can't even begin to imagine this lot playing in the Championship, big rebuild needed.

37bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 17:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad i didn't go now! Was it as bad as it looks?

38bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 17:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Glad i didn't go now! Was it as bad as it looks?

Absolutely fucking dire mate.

39bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 17:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't string a pass together, no connection between players, giving the ball away every time and passing round the back.

40bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 17:44

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well you know, we have seen worse to be honest. I think its easy to be emotional after a big defeat and only see the negative.

But at half time we were only 1-0 down, to a mistake, and we looked like equalising. And then we came out second half and hit the bar. Everything could have changed.
At that point we had more shots on target and 64% possession and we were the only team who had had a corner.  

Unfortunately they went up the other end and grabbed a second, and it's always difficult from there. And it always was going to be hard with both fullbacks being babies and Lee not being in the squad.

Then, we were up against the ref and up against our own idiotic fans. Fans throwing crap at our own players. Unbelievable. We can't really complain about the performance of the team when our own fans behave like that.

I think Baka let us down a bit but rather than go off I think he should have been put up with Doyle at 2-0. And Isgrove should have come on for Sarce.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum