Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-4 Wigan

+14
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Keegan
Cajunboy
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 18:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

One of the worst things about today is that over 22000 people watched us get spanked at home. For people who haven't been for a while they won't fancy shelling out £30 again...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

42bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 18:42

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Not our finest performance, but missing three first choice players - I think Lee would have been preferred to Sheehan today if available - and against a team that’s probably the most expensive in the league. 
I never thought we would be champions this season, but despite this loss I still think we can be up and around the play-off spots come April. 
What we definitely learned was the Brockbank and Bakayoko isn’t a great combination. Let’s hope Jones is back for Plymouth, but if not it’s Isgrove for me at right back.

43bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 18:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobhead corner was in fine form. Evil or Very Mad

44bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 19:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Nobhead corner was in fine form. Evil or Very Mad
I did notice one bellend close to us throwing coins at the players.

45bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 19:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

46bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 19:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading some of the bullshit comments on here you'd think we'd just lost narrowly to Barcelona, not humiliated at home by fucking Wigan.

That was an utter fucking disgrace. Every Bolton player who was on the pitch should hand their heads in collective shame. That is as bad as anything I've ever witnessed following this club.

It is a fucking privilege to pull on that white shirt and play in front of 20,000 paying customers. Every one of those players should be put on the transfer list right now. Ship them all out because if that's the sort of performance they're capable of in a fucking local derby, there is no hope.

And as for Evans. Fuck me, was this his first day in football? We're playing probably the best team in the league and he picks just about the worst possible team to combat them. Fucking Mo could have set us up better.

Evans and all the players out!

47bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 20:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Reading some of the bullshit comments on here you'd think we'd just lost narrowly to Barcelona, not humiliated at home by fucking Wigan.

That was an utter fucking disgrace. Every Bolton player who was on the pitch should hand their heads in collective shame. That is as bad as anything I've ever witnessed following this club.

It is a fucking privilege to pull on that white shirt and play in front of 20,000 paying customers. Every one of those players should be put on the transfer list right now. Ship them all out because if that's the sort of performance they're capable of in a fucking local derby, there is no hope.

And as for Evans. Fuck me, was this his first day in football? We're playing probably the best team in the league and he picks just about the worst possible team to combat them. Fucking Mo could have set us up better.

Evans and all the players out!
I was embarrassed. If they're not, then god help us.

48bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sat Oct 16 2021, 23:31

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Men against boys that,Both clubs in administration and they came out of it with a big spending Arab.I don't think one Bolton player would get in their team.Half of them should still be in the 4th Division

49bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sun Oct 17 2021, 01:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very painful watch today. Wigan were bigger, stronger, had good shape and had a phenomenal workrate but the most frustrating thing was that their passing was so much better than ours -so if we can't outwork them we have little else to offer.
Again nothing much to speak of going forward and Baka shouldn't have been playing on the wing. We did have some bad luck and the ref gave us nowt but to succeed we have to be good enough to get over it and the reality is that we weren't - emphasised by some calamitous defending.
Perhaps the only bright spots were MJ's battling performance and a similar battling cameo from Thomason when he came on - but they were swimming against the tide as we showed next to nothing elsewhere.

I'm sure the deckchairs will get shuffled again and going forward maybe the return of Amaechi might provide some relief - but today clearly showed how far short we are from being a top team in this division - not that we expected to be having just come up.

50bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Sun Oct 17 2021, 12:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well beaten by a better team that's all. 
As usual we did most of our passing across the back line but when it comes to moving the ball forward we seem to always pass to a man coming backwards with a man on to boot. They broke at pace and were just faster and more positive than us.
As others have stated - Baka is not a winger and Brocks was like men against boys.
10th in the table now with an away trip to top of the table on Tuesday. Could be a bad week unfortunately.

51bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Mon Oct 18 2021, 10:16

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can we just get things into perspective here? Yes we were crap and that crazy first goal really sapped confidence and boosted Wigan but despite all that we were still only one goal behind at half time. That we came out with exactly the same set up once again gets you wondering about Evatt’s game management ability. It was obvious Baka was in the wrong place and gave no support or outlet to poor old Brocky behind him. Then he compounds the problem by taking him off and replacing him with the ever underperforming Kachunga. 

When we play quickly, passing and moving, we’re a match for anyone but when we revert to the slow, lethargic, side to side stuff we played on Saturday, we’re completely hopeless. Evatt seems so wedded to one system and always makes only like for like changes which have little or no effect, that there is never a boost from players coming on. Teams have got used to how we play and just shut us down. Nobody is saying stop building from the back but we surely have to be able to shuffle the pack in a way that makes the opposition think a bit more? We’ll see tomorrow if he’s learned anything but I wouldn’t bet on it. 🙁

52bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Mon Oct 18 2021, 16:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watching Spuds v Geordies the other day and noticed that Spuds worked out that the high press and compact defence that Newcastle  used made it difficult to play through them so they started playing the occasional long ball and it worked a treat.
I'd have thought with Baka's pace it's something we could try from time to time, but apparently it's banned.
Instead of passing it around at the back and in midfield, the occasional long ball could be the signal for our midfield to bomb forward in support  so that opposition defences don't have time to bank up - even if we only do it occasionally.
Instead we have Dapo trying to beat 10 men and the rest making the occasional attempt to pass through the eye of a needle.

53bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Mon Oct 18 2021, 16:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Watching Spuds v Geordies the other day and noticed that Spuds worked out that the high press and compact defence that Newcastle  used made it difficult to play through them so they started playing the occasional long ball and it worked a treat.
I'd have thought with Baka's pace it's something we could try from time to time, but apparently it's banned.
Instead of passing it around at the back and in midfield, the occasional long ball could be the signal for our midfield to bomb forward in support  so that opposition defences don't have time to bank up - even if we only do it occasionally.
Instead we have Dapo trying to beat 10 men and the rest making the occasional attempt to pass through the eye of a needle.

Have to agree with that 100% wander but as you say, it’s completely banned as we toil away passing sideways until we lose the ball. Trying something novel is alien to IE as he sticks to his one and only method, working or not. 😠

54bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Mon Oct 18 2021, 16:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Watching Spuds v Geordies the other day and noticed that Spuds worked out that the high press and compact defence that Newcastle  used made it difficult to play through them so they started playing the occasional long ball and it worked a treat.
I totally agree.

It's goals that win games not having the best possession figures.

Mix it up Evatt, take them by surprise and try a long ball, we might even score a goal and win the match!

55bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Mon Oct 18 2021, 16:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was I the only one at the game on Saturday? It was absolutely dire. Change the tactics all you like, it'll still be the same players.

I'd play the kids at Plymouth.

56bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Mon Oct 18 2021, 17:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The last time I went to watch the Whites at Plymouth, I was attacked by a loose pelican in Plymouth zoo.  Having been sick in my duffle bag when I got off the coach, this just added to my misery.
However, we came away with a 2-1 win, and I'll be well chuffed if we can carve out a similar score tomorrow.
Not too optimistic though.

57bolton - Bolton 0-4 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 0-4 Wigan Mon Oct 18 2021, 19:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:The last time I went to watch the Whites at Plymouth, I was attacked by a loose pelican in Plymouth zoo.  Having been sick in my duffle bag when I got off the coach, this just added to my misery.
However, we came away with a 2-1 win, and I'll be well chuffed if we can carve out a similar score tomorrow.
Not too optimistic though.

I think we've more chance of that pelican taking a bite out of your leg than winning the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum