Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Migrant crisis in the Channel

+5
Whitesince63
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
karlypants
Norpig
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 11:53

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:DO you lead a comfortable suburban life in the UK, but fear and hate the outside world for no good reason? Here’s how to enjoy pretending to be oppressed.

Live in fear of immigrants

Make this non-existent threat a constant feature of your life. Maybe even build defences to keep them out. Put some barbed wire on your shed and futilely try to train your cocker spaniel to ‘Kill!’. It’s pointless but you can moan to your neighbours that you’ve been forced to do it.

Take your newspaper at face value

If the Express, Mail or Times are full of articles about bolshy students complaining about statues and racism, clearly free speech is a thing of the past. Don’t ask yourself if culture war nonsense just sells papers and gets clicks – your entire reality may come crashing down like The Truman Show.

Do something mental on Victory in Europe Day

Show your love for Britain (ie. England) by doing something weird like building a three-quarter size WW2 Cromwell tank in your drive by fixing a cardboard turret, gun and ‘tracks’ to your Ford Focus. This is very normal and not quite disrespectful in its own way.

Worry about house prices falling

This is unlikely to shaft you financially, but drone on about it anyway. At the same time be furious about your kids not being able to get on the property ladder, but always vote to keep things exactly the same.

Have zero empathy with anyone who is not like you

Don’t ask why asylum seekers might be undertaking their perilous journey. Likewise do not ask yourself if life on benefits might be a bit grim. By contrast, be incandescent with rage over tiny inconveniences to yourself like the council changing the wheelie bin collection days.

Be worryingly paranoid

Believe you are constantly being persecuted by everyone from the EU to your local supermarket. Your sense of victimhood is so entrenched by now you won’t worry that you’re starting to go bonkers.

What an utterly ridiculous and pointless post. You are clearly an ultra liberal, let anything rip kind of person Bonce and one of the reasons this country is in the shit state that it is. Thank God we’re not all like you.

82Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:What an utterly ridiculous and pointless post. You are clearly an ultra liberal, let anything rip kind of person Bonce and one of the reasons this country is in the shit state that it is. Thank God we’re not all like you.

Steady on mate, I think Bonce was simply making a point via this satirical article -

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/how-to-be-a-pathetic-terrified-little-englander-20200820199608

83Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Steady on mate, I think Bonce was simply making a point via this satirical article -

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/how-to-be-a-pathetic-terrified-little-englander-20200820199608
Thank you, Sluffy. Had a right job trying to post it, but got there in the end. Very Happy

84Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

What an utterly ridiculous and pointless post. You are clearly an ultra liberal, let anything rip kind of person Bonce and one of the reasons this country is in the shit state that it is. Thank God we’re not all like you.
"A pointless and ridiculous post'! Razz I've got nearly 28,000 of them behind me.

And how dare you call me a liberal. I'm a Marxist. Surprised

85Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
"A pointless and ridiculous post'! Razz I've got nearly 28,000 of them behind me.

And how dare you call me a liberal. I'm a Marxist. Surprised
Ha, sorry for that Bonce, didn’t think even you could be to the left of Lusty and Troy but I’ll let you off. 🥴 I hadn’t seen the article Sluffy referred to which you took it from either so as one of those “little Englanders” referred to, I’ll apologise for that too!! 🇪🇺

86Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:Disgraceful that the government are spending £5m a day on housing these migrants when they feel they need to screw pensioners by suspending the triple lock. Macron is absolutely right when he says that if we are to cut the flow, we need to cease this ridiculous situation of housing, feeding and even paying them, when our own poor and pensioners have to choose between heating and eating. These people who have contributed nothing, have no worries on any of these things yet the government does nothing to change it. The French don’t give them anything, they’re just living in tents or in shelters so it’s no wonder they make so much effort to get here. If we seriously want to stop them coming, withdraw any support to those coming in illegally across the channel, bollocks to the human rights crap. Governments are supposed to look after their own citizens not everyone else’s.
Wow! Alf Garnett lives! Antediluvian stuff!

You do know that the programme's content and main character were being satirised??

For balance, read any Steinbeck novel or watch All MySons by Arthur Miller.

87Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Ha, sorry for that Bonce, didn’t think even you could be to the left of Lusty and Troy but I’ll let you off. 🥴 I hadn’t seen the article Sluffy referred to which you took it from either so as one of those “little Englanders” referred to, I’ll apologise for that too!! 🇪🇺
No worries mate. It's all a bit of a laugh. I was a serious lefty in my youth, as you'll see when I post some of the stuff I'm finding in my cupboard. Very Happy

88Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Shocked

That basically will open the floodgates!

Everybody and their dog will attempt to come here then - we basically are doing a Merkle and she let 5 million in!

We've got to ask the question WHY are they wanting to come to the UK?

There can only be two reasons - one for safety (asylum), one for economic reasons (migrants).

If it is for asylum then the question must be asked why are they already passing through many safe countries (France, Italy, Greece, etc) just to come here?

If they are migrants then they need to go down the proper channels and they aren't doing that because they know they haven't the skills, education, etc, to meet entry requirements.

Moving away from fake news that there are thousands of Iranian doctors and nurses "bunked up in hotels" there were actually just 4,500 illegal migrants from Iran who arrived in 2020 and I very much doubt that everyone of them were a doctor or a nurse.

Rolling Eyes

Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 _117690745_6f2aae57-22b9-4017-876b-75eb31e6be98

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53734793
So despite much Tory talk about "an Australian style" immigration policy,are you suggesting that a screening and monitoring system is beyond the ability of the British people?
We already have a list of eligible professions for immigration - why not apply it to refugees?
We have skills and labour shortages in specific sectors - why not fill them with refugees?
We have thousands of Afghans stuck in hotels who only had to leave their own country because they helped us fight the Taliban - can't we put them to work?
We have limited our options on deportation so is it better to keep them in hotels or put them to work? All these people could make a positive contribution to society but for all the government's bullshit about a "points based iimmigration system" they have failed to put a workable one in place and created yet another mess - an expensive mess at that.

The only reason so many people are stuck in hotels is because the British "screening process" is absolutely woeful - it's entirely our own fault. These refugees should have been processed in days, not months.

And within days they should be either deported, trained or employed  - but it is us - the British - who are parking the problem, so it takes some brass neck to complain about it.

89Migrant crisis in the Channel - Page 5 Empty Re: Migrant crisis in the Channel Tue Feb 15 2022, 13:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think you live in cloud cuckoo land at times.

About 30,000 illegal immigrants arrived last year - and we have no idea who they really are or what threat they may be to the public - there's bound to be a few undesirables in that number.

What sort of resources do you think we have to deal with these people - we are already housing our existing homeless in hotels and b&b's - many in towns miles away from where they live.

Then there are the need to find school places, health services and social support to integrate and train these people - precious few I would imagine have English as a first language and even less relevant qualifications acceptable to this country - you can't just let a 'doctor' free to practice just because he tells you he was a doctor in his country.

And how do you deport these people - most just disappear off into to the illegal economy, we don't have the secure establishments to hold them all.

And where do we get all these people to do the screening of them - how do we verify what they say is true - you can hardly ring up the Taliban and ask them for a reference can you?

Also where are all these jobs these people can do - are they safe to work with children, can they even understand English, how do they even get to work if they are given a job?

The infrastructure doesn't exist to do the stuff you claim is so easy to do - that's why they are stuck in hotels and that's why we don't want them to come here illegally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum