Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'What line does it cross?' Evatt on Wanderers' FA charge for Doncaster melee

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'What line does it cross?' Evatt on Wanderers' FA charge for Doncaster melee 13251215

Ian Evatt says Wanderers will take punishment from the Football Association “on the chin” if they are found guilty of failing to control their players.

The Bolton boss feels a little hard done by after being pulled up by the disciplinary committee for a melee in the 44th minute of the recent 3-0 win against Doncaster Rovers at the UniBol.

Players from both sides clashed after Joseph Olowu hacked down Dapo Afolayan – a tackle that would earn him a straight red card from ref Steve Martin.

But the incident has now been flagged up by the FA, with a heavy fine likely to be issued to both sides.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference for the Papa John’s Trophy game against Fleetwood Town, Evatt felt the charge was harsh.

“I wouldn’t say it was a failure to control the players, the tackle was that bad,” he said.

“We can’t have it all ways. I am asking my players to stick up for each other and show some togetherness and team spirit.

“It’s what line does it cross? If you are trying to stick up for your mate, I don’t know.

“But whatever happens we will take it on the chin and try to learn from it.”

With several first team players out injured, Evatt is likely to rest a handful of first team players for tonight’s game.

Wanderers have named strong sides throughout the group stages of the competition but may have to compromise to ensure they do not lose anyone else.

“In any normal circumstance we would be delighted to have this game but these are not normal times,” Evatt said. “It’s unprecedented what is happening at the moment.

“We just have to find a way of getting our boys up and firing again. There will be changes, there has to be changes to keep people in one piece, but aside from that we’ll be looking to win the game after which we have a week until the next league fixture.

“We’re looking forward to a break for the players to recover, first and foremost, to have a breather and get that second wind. But also we will be a week further down the line in people’s rehab and trying to get people back on the pitch. That’s what is important.

“We have still got seven games between now and New Year’s Day, so we have to keep that in mind.”

Wanderers will have limited squad options throughout December and Evatt is now lining up a handful of signings for January to boost his squad.

“Forget Christmas Day, I can’t wait for January 1,” he said. “That is another story but for now we have got seven games to concentrate on and I think the players are in a good place, there were lots of positives to take from Saturday.

“Barring the two goals, or the first 15 minutes, I think it was a good performance and we are developing different strings to our bow, and that it important.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evans wrote:I wouldn’t say it was a failure to control the players, the tackle was that bad.

It was a trip. Embarrassing reaction which deserves punishment.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum