Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Front line pleases Evatt - but Wanderers boss wants goals to be shared around

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Front line pleases Evatt - but Wanderers boss wants goals to be shared around 13733357

Wanderers’ front line has been in fine scoring form since January but Ian Evatt hopes his squad can share the goals more evenly next term.

Dapo Afolayan, Amadou Bakayoko, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Dion Charles chipped in with 37 goals in total – the latter two only signing at the UniBol in January.

Bolton scored more goals in the last 15 minutes than any other professional team in Europe’s top footballing nations, adding another two to the total during Saturday’s 4-2 win against Fleetwood.

Evatt has been pleased to see his attacking options thrive.

“We have only had this group since January and one of the key parts of our improvement this season has been that we are not just reliant on one person scoring lots of goals,” he said.

“Eoin Doyle did that for us last season and we didn’t share it enough. But now we have a group who can all offer goals at different times.

“When they scored in the second half (on Saturday) I was calm, for once, and sat down. I turned to Peter Atherton and said ‘I’m not worried, we always score late’.

“We have a belief and that comes from scoring goals and having people on the pitch who can make things happen.”

Aside from the strikers, Kieran Lee, Declan John, Kieran Sadlier and Josh Sheehan all brought goals from different positions on the pitch – but Evatt reckons there is improvement to be made, especially in defence.

“The forward group is strong but we maybe need to share goals around the team more – I am not mentioning names, Rico – but they are all things to make us even better.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum