Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sir Tony Blair

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sir Tony Blair Empty Sir Tony Blair Fri Dec 31 2021, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

New Years honours list.

Chris Whitty and Johnathon Van-Tam knighted too but I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Bolton boy Jason Kenny also knighted and Laura his wife made a Dame

Full details here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59809682

2Sir Tony Blair Empty Re: Sir Tony Blair Fri Dec 31 2021, 23:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Frankly Sluffy, I pay little or no attention to the honours list but for Tony Bliar to be knighted is just beyond a joke when the guy should be in jail for war crimes. As for Witty and Van Tamm, how much more pathetic can it get?

3Sir Tony Blair Empty Re: Sir Tony Blair Fri Dec 31 2021, 23:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Frankly Sluffy, I pay little or no attention to the honours list but for Tony Blair to be knighted is just beyond a joke when the guy should be in jail for war crimes. As for Witty and Van Tamm, how much more pathetic can it get?

I did think entitling the thread as I did may very well provoke some replies but I thought I was on safe ground with Whitty and Van-Tam but you've just proved me wrong on that.

There's only Whitty and Van-Tam who I've believed to be being honest in all of this (maybe that's a little unfair to the lady experts) but VT called out Cummings over Barnard Castle and Whitty contradicted Johnson over mixing this Christmas and New Year - both live and on air and stuff the consequences because both felt the truth was more important than the spin - even if it effected their careers.

I don't know your views on Covid and respect whatever they may be but for me I like to be told the facts and I've trusted what those two have told us - and continue to tell us.

Whether you should get a 'gong' for doing your job is another matter but if actors, politicians, sports people and Uncle Tom Cobley and all are being given them, then I can't think of anyone more worthy than those two to be 'honoured' in some way or other.

4Sir Tony Blair Empty Re: Sir Tony Blair Sat Jan 01 2022, 01:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Frankly Sluffy, I pay little or no attention to the honours list but for Tony Bliar to be knighted is just beyond a joke when the guy should be in jail for war crimes.

War crimes? What about Thatcher who was made a baroness FFS?

5Sir Tony Blair Empty Re: Sir Tony Blair Sat Jan 01 2022, 12:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No issue with Whitty and Van Tam but Blair will be a contentious one.

Glad to see the Kenny's have been given their awards, they certainly have earned it and nice to see a Bolton lad made a Sir.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum