Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mason Greenwood - video in the Daily Mail

+6
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Whitesince63
Norpig
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My son was showing me this on instagram this morning and it wasn't great. Pictures of her injuries and audio of him trying to force himself on her.

Doesn't look good for him and if it's true then he needs to punished, could cost him his career.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mason Greenwood - video in the Daily Mail _115651730_breaking-promo-976

A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault after Manchester United suspended footballer Mason Greenwood following allegations on social media.

Greater Manchester Police said it was made aware of "social media images and videos posted by a woman reporting incidents of physical violence".

It added "we can confirm a man in his 20s has since been arrested on suspicion of rape and assault".

He remains in custody.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60192303

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We obviously have to wait for the full story to come out before prejudging but if this turns out how it seems then a jail sentence looks likely which will obviously significantly damage his career. What an absolute idiot if it does prove genuine but sadly yet another instance of a young millionaire player thinking he can just do what he wants. Brave girl to come out with it though.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Horrible little worm. I think the evidence is pretty damning tbh. Expect him to be sacked by United this week

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Horrible little worm. I think the evidence is pretty damning tbh. Expect him to be sacked by United this week

Not sure about that Boggers, more likely money will talk and he’ll issue an apology, claim stress and enlist on an anger management course.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mason Greenwood - video in the Daily Mail _123085757_sun-nc

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Greenwood has been re-arrested after a judge granted the police an extension until Wednesday.

He has been removed from FIFA games and his sponsor Nike has withdrawn.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

United are now saying he will not play for them again which i think is the right decision. I can't see any team in this country going anywhere near him so he will end up abroad i think.

Interesting that he's been on full pay all this time and United can now sell him as he's under contract til 2025, all very grubby!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly I suspect there will be a queue of clubs wanting to take him on.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sadly I suspect there will be a queue of clubs wanting to take him on.
I reckon he'll go overseas.

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Bolton should absolutely try and sign him. Surely no Bolton fan would object to signing him up. Incredible decision by United to release him, had he not got into the trouble he did he would easily be worth £50m minimum. I can see Everton signing him up, they need a player like him desperately.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In June 2021 (just two years ago) he was independently valued at £153m!!!

Phil Foden: Manchester City midfielder Europe's most valuable player, says CIES Football Observatory

Mason Greenwood - video in the Daily Mail _118831523_ciesgraphic

English trio Phil Foden, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood are the most valuable players in Europe's top-five leagues, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.

Manchester City's Foden tops the list at 190.2m euros (£163.4m), ahead of Manchester United duo Greenwood (£152.8m) and Rashford (£136.6m).

United playmaker Bruno Fernandes (£132.4m) is fifth on the list.

Chelsea's Mason Mount, 22, is the 10th highest-priced player at £106.1m.

The CIES use a range of variables including a player's age, performances, economic value of their club and inflation to work out estimated transfer values.

Foden, 21, shone during City's triumphant Premier League campaign, his performances earning him the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

The versatile attacker also scored three goals and notched three assists to help Pep Guardiola's side reach the Champions League final, which they lost to Chelsea.

Greenwood and Rashford were instrumental in helping United finish second in the Premier League and reach the Europa League final, scoring 12 and 21 goals in all competitions respectively.

Foden and Rashford are part of England's Euro 2020 squad, but Greenwood was forced to withdraw because of injury.

Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland, who scored 41 goals in as many games in the 2020-21 campaign, is the most valuable non-Premier League player at 155.5m euros (£133.5m).

Barcelona duo Frenkie de Jong and Pedri, Atletico Madrid forward Joao Felix and Bayern Munich left-back Alphonso Davies also feature in the top 10.

Manchester City's Ederson (£53.2m) and Ruben Dias (£97.9m) are the most-valuable goalkeeper and centre-back, while Fernandes, 26, is one of only three players aged 25 or over whose price exceeds 100m euros, with the other two being City's Bernardo Silva, 26, and Chelsea striker Timo Werner, 25.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57382793

And nah we won't be signing him, my guess he will end up in some country who doesn't treat women as equals, Turkey or Saudi maybe?

Clearly Greenwood is not a pleasant individual and I can't see that ever changing.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:My son was showing me this on instagram this morning and it wasn't great. Pictures of her injuries and audio of him trying to force himself on her.

Doesn't look good for him and if it's true then he needs to punished, could cost him his career.

Was it this? Shocked

He needs his career ending.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, that was the video doing the rounds and what I linked to in the first post in the thread (obviously the Daily Mail links to the current day and not the date when I first posted the link).

Seems she got back with him and withdrew her statement so the case collapsed.

I think she got pregnant with him.

Sadly it seems they sort of deserve each other.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They are now a married couple with a child.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell! Shocked Attempted rape and domestic abuse then 6-7 months later married to the bloke and had a child with him.

Is she stupid or just a desperate money grabber or even coersion involved?

Wouldn't the police have proceeded with a proscecution anyway as I would have thought there would have been enough evidence to have him up in court regardless if the girlfriend wanted it or not?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think it’s worth noticing that he’s not actually been released by United just that it’s confirmed he won’t play for them again so it means he’s basically up for sale. Since he’s not been convicted of anything and is now married to and a father with the lady he was accused of assaulting I don’t see any reason why a club over here shouldn’t sign him up. Let’s face it there isn’t much respect for protocol left in football so why not? Fans won’t worry if he scores goals for them and once he’s back playing it’ll soon all blow over. United of course may not want him playing for a competitor in the PL so probably abroad is the most likely destination next.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Bloody hell! Shocked Attempted rape and domestic abuse then 6-7 months later married to the bloke and had a child with him.

Is she stupid or just a desperate money grabber or even coersion involved?

Wouldn't the police have proceeded with a proscecution anyway as I would have thought there would have been enough evidence to have him up in court regardless if the girlfriend wanted it or not?

She would have been the victim and star witness to the rape.

If she changed her story that no rape happened (say she said it was a sex role fantasy they were playing out) and she now regrets it was seen to look real in the way she put it on to social media, and she wanted some sort of revenge on Greenwood because she found out later he'd cheated on her - then there is simply no case to answer.

Seems on the face of it, she was raped and that now she's had a kid with him she's got a meal ticket for life.

I can't see Greenwood ever being a decent person but some club will always pay well for his football skills (until that goes too with drink, drugs and living the good life).

As I say I suspect they do both deserve each other.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:I think it’s worth noticing that he’s not actually been released by United just that it’s confirmed he won’t play for them again so it means he’s basically up for sale. Since he’s not been convicted of anything and is now married to and a father with the lady he was accused of assaulting I don’t see any reason why a club over here shouldn’t sign him up. Let’s face it there isn’t much respect for protocol left in football so why not? Fans won’t worry if he scores goals for them and once he’s back playing it’ll soon all blow over. United of course may not want him playing for a competitor in the PL so probably abroad is the most likely destination next.

I think you are wide of the mark on this one 63.

Greenwood is leaving his employment at United by mutual consent, meaning he no longer is contracted to them.

If he is not contracted to them they can't hold on to his registration which must mean they can't sell it to another club.

I don't know how registrations in football work, maybe it is active up to the next transfer window (to stop players jumping from one club to another midseason) but I would imagine Greenwood could sign for free to another club in the January window at the very latest.

As for playing for another club in the UK, there would be too much of a reaction from the fans - and in this case rightly so - look at the David Goodwille case which seems to be very similar...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66290174

...and if you are thinking of Bolton signing him then I refer you to all the who-ha that went on when the club proposed to have a pay day loan company as the shirt sponsor.

Women's football has grown massively in the last few years (Lionesses and WSL) so there's going to be a big kickback in this country for any club who may want to sign him.

And that isn't good for business.

He's going to end up in some place like Turkey I would imagine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum