Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mason Greenwood - video in the Daily Mail

+6
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Whitesince63
Norpig
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's still under contract till 2025 i read so they won't let him go for nothing knowing United.

The problem with young players at high level these days is that they think they are stars and are on massive wages by the time they are 17 or 18. They are entitled and act that way in a lot of cases.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:He's still under contract till 2025 i read so they won't let him go for nothing knowing United.

The problem with young players at high level these days is that they think they are stars and are on massive wages by the time they are 17 or 18. They are entitled and act that way in a lot of cases.

I would be very surprised if they seek any transfer for him.

They (Greenwood and MU) have mutually agreed for him to leave - although no date seems to have been stated - like for instance 'immediate effect' (I assumed that would be when whatever the agreement is to settle the remainder of his contract is legally agreed - if not already done so).

IF MU really wanted him to find a new 'beginning' for himself, they are hardly likely to put the barrier of a transfer fee between him and the club where his new 'beginning' will commence.

Who would offer them much anyway knowing he was going to leave, they'd most likely spend their money giving Greenwood the best financial deal so he would join them instead of other suiters. when his contract has been mutually terminated if not already done so?

Once his contract has 'terminated'  he becomes a free agent and eligible to be sign by another club but limited as to when he can register for his new club subject to their leagues rules (for instance if we signed him today, we could not register him to play until the first day of the January  transfer window).

I might be wrong, I'm not definite on this as it all revolves round has or when his contract is terminated - but I can't see MU or Greenwood hanging about United like a bad smell until 2025 and both would probably want to agree a termination amount, rip up his contract and moved on separately to each other as quickly as possible.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't forget they have been paying him his full wage ever since all this started and they may want to recoup some of that money, we all know what the Glazers are like!

I hope nobody signs him but that's very unlikely.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Don't forget they have been paying him his full wage ever since all this started and they may want to recoup some of that money, we all know what the Glazers are like!

I hope nobody signs him but that's very unlikely.

They had no choice he was under contract, similarly with Mendy at City.

They will have to come to an agreement or pay in full the amount of his remaining contract also.

And it will cost them additional to pay the wages of another player added to the squad to replace him (and covered for him up to this point as well).

Maybe clubs have insurances policies to cover such events?

Even if they want a transfer fee for him, who will pay it - they know United are in a very weak negotiating position?

Most likely potential suitors will bid against each other directly with Greenwood to give him the salary and length of contract he wants - but then again he isn't in the strongest of positions himself - but could probably sit on his arse until at least 2025 and beyond with the deal he got from MU to leave early.

I don't think the bloke is not a very nice person, probably not the brightest and reminds me more than a bit of former MU player Ravel Morrison.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Simon Jordan's view.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He's still under contract till 2025 i read so they won't let him go for nothing knowing United.

Spot on Norpig!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Simon Jordan's view.

Very interesting and informative, Bonce, thank you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum