Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt pleased with attacking options

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt pleased with attacking options 13469303

Ian Evatt is delighted with the variety of attacking options in the Wanderers squad.

Evatt now has a plethora of strikers to choose from following the arrivals of Dion Charles and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson in the January window.

The Bolton boss admits he could rotate his frontline in the coming weeks and plans to make changes based on the opposition.

“I think it’s horses for courses. What we’ve got now is a mixed bag of strikers,” he said.

“We’ve got two more physical ones – Jon (Dadi Bodvarsson) and Baka (Amadou Bakayoko) – who still are technically capable but will embrace physicality more. They both still can run - you shouldn’t underestimate how quick they are.

“Dion (Charles) is a bit of an all-rounder – he punches above his weight and is still able to technically link things. Dapo (Afolayan) is all technique really and Kacha (Elias Kachunga) is a mixed bag as well, can do both sides. It’s a great group.

“We’ll look at the opposition and if I can start judging the weather forecast better, and going away from home, maybe I need two physical ones for those games.

“Whereas if it’s a home game where you think you’re going to dominate the ball against Wimbledon or someone like that, you might need someone who can unlock doors, more technique – which would probably be Dapo and Dion.

“Good options, great to have and obviously you can go traditional ‘big man, little man’ like Kevin Phillips and Niall Quinn. We’ve not had that so far and now we’ve got some real options. It’s down to me to pick the right ones.”

Charles has made a strong start to life at Bolton, scoring four goals in his first eight matches for the club.

Bakayoko has also caught the eye lately, popping up with important goals against Cambridge and Morecambe.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like the Morecambe experience has opened his eyes to the weather forecast Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum