Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX

+12
Sluffy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Hip Priest
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen a bloke with no arms cycle past me.

Don't know his name but his face rang a bell....

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Weirdly, Freddie Frinton is known widely throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Scandinavia - he is more famous than Elvis. In Holland there is a guy famous for impersonating Freddie Frinton.

"Dinner for One" has been a New Year's Eve sensation since the 60's and every year families gather round the TV to watch it  - considerably more than Brits watch the Queen's Speech.

A few years back I spent New Year in Mainz and I couldn't believe it's popularity - it was broadcast on EVERY channel - and they had programmes beforehand showing people getting ready to watch it - everyone from Hell's Angels getting the beers in to famous politicians having wine with their families. The news programmes ended with an update of what time it would be shown on their channel. Throughout Germany and northern Europe, people were organising "Dinner for One" parties.

Basically it's a short play in which Freddie Frinton humours his mad employer and gets pissed in the process. And it is BELOVED throughout northern Europe.

I loved him with Thora Hird in Meet The Wife.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still funny.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 5 273937039_10165800119715237_2074922492890938859_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=6679rfpwgJIAX-SMpWJ&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Test image

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 5 2Q==

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never killed a fly since watching this as a kid. Well, you never know, do you?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm messing about on the internet because I don't want to go into the loft. It's mainly Christmas stuff up there, and I'm unlikely to find much of interest.
Mind you, I've said that before. I'll try next week.

Went up there a few years ago, and did my back in. I lay, half in, half out for two hours until someone came home.
Mentioned it to Breadman in an email exchange, and he went straight off and posted my mishap on Nuts.

Bastard. Neutral

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally made it into the loft, but was a little disappointed. It's mainly Christmas stuff, and a few boxes of Private Eye.
Did find a tin of old Wanderers pin badges, and, to my delight, my Tony Hancock Homburg. I'll get it dusted off and wear it during the day.
I won't be wearing it to the match.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Finally made it into the loft, but was a little disappointed. It's mainly Christmas stuff, and a few boxes of Private Eye.
Did find a tin of old Wanderers pin badges, and, to my delight, my Tony Hancock Homburg. I'll get it dusted off and wear it during the day.
I won't be wearing it to the match.
i'd like to see some of the badges Boncey, could be worth a few quid too.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
i'd like to see some of the badges Boncey, could be worth a few quid too.
No real money in them, sadly. Not even sure if people bother with them these days. I've got more knocking about somewhere.

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 5 Img_2220
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 5 Img_2221

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 5 Img_2222
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 5 Img_2223
The last one is a bit iffy. Shocked

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good badges there but i can see what you mean with the last one  Very Happy

Never liked the badge we had with the ribbons on, glad they went back to the proper badge.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Some good badges there but i can see what you mean with the last one  Very Happy

Never liked the badge we had with the ribbons on, glad they went back to the proper badge.
I remember collecting a badge from every league club, then swapping them for a ginger haired ventriloquist's dummy. I was 12, and a strange child to boot. Very little has changed.
The Cairn Terrier we owned at the time, took an instant dislike to Archie, for such was his name, and took great delight in savaging him at every opportunity.
I remember he once escaped the house and ran off up the street with him clamped in his jaws, myself in hot pursuit, dad following behind, wishing the condom hadn't split. 
I finally caught the dog, dad caught me, and a 'discussion' was had regarding my leaving doors open, and swapping good stuff for shit. He said he'd get rid of me, and keep the dummy if he could decide which of us was which.
You could belt kids in those days you know. Neutral

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Never liked the badge we had with the ribbons on, glad they went back to the proper badge.

Modelled on a birthday ballon by some lazy graphics designer no doubt. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I remember collecting a badge from every league club, then swapping them for a ginger haired ventriloquist's dummy. I was 12, and a strange child to boot. Very little has changed.
The Cairn Terrier we owned at the time, took an instant dislike to Archie, for such was his name, and took great delight in savaging him at every opportunity.
I remember he once escaped the house and ran off up the street with him clamped in his jaws, myself in hot pursuit, dad following behind, wishing the condom hadn't split. 
I finally caught the dog, dad caught me, and a 'discussion' was had regarding my leaving doors open, and swapping good stuff for shit. He said he'd get rid of me, and keep the dummy if he could decide which of us was which.
You could belt kids in those days you know. Neutral
Archie looked a lot like this. I don't wonder that the dog, and dad, hated him.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume IX - Page 5 S-l1600

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No wonder the dog went for it, looks like something from a horror film  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could wear the '29 Cup Final badge on the 26th March to inspire us with confidence.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:No wonder the dog went for it, looks like something from a horror film  Very Happy
Yes. That's not the actual dummy, but it was very similar. Dad gave it away to the scouts, who were having a bring and buy sale. It sold for £3. 
A few years later we discovered it had sold at auction for £390. Who knew? 
I held that over my dad for many years. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum