Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'A massive shift' - Gillingham boss Neil Harris on Kyle Dempsey's departure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'A massive shift' - Gillingham boss Neil Harris on Kyle Dempsey's departure 13539932

Gillingham boss Neil Harris has opened up about Kyle Dempsey’s move to Wanderers on deadline day.

The midfielder completed a move to the Whites just hours after Harris took charge at the Priestfield Stadium.

The Gills chief admits Dempsey’s departure was “a massive shift” for the players but insists he will get a good reception from his former teammates.

"We didn’t want to lose anyone but Kyle was the first person I saw when I came in and the deal was pretty much done,” he said.

“I basically just said hello and bye. The bags were packed and mentally he was already at Bolton on the back of the Oxford game. I wasn’t involved.

"I can’t speak for the fans on what reception Kyle will get, that will be down to them. He will get a good reception from his old teammates and staff – he was the captain of the football club.

"We’d just been beaten 7-2 by Oxford, I come in 48 hours later on deadline day and Kyle Dempsey is leaving. It was a massive shift mentally for the players.”

The Gills find themselves in the League One drop zone despite last weekend’s 2-0 win at Lincoln.

Harris says Saturday’s game will be “a tough challenge” but insists they have a plan to stop the Whites.

He added: "Bolton are a big club at this level. They invested heavily and well in January and have had good results since.

“It is a tough challenge we are looking forward to and it is a big game for both teams. Ian sets his teams up well. They are attack-minded but they need to win games if they want top six.

“But we will be ready, organised, structured and we will have a plan with and without the ball. The players have executed plans unbelievably well so far.

"Ian was a no-nonsense centre-half, we played each other a number of times. I have a few stud marks down the back of my Achilles still, but we would like to focus on what’s on the pitch rather than each other. He’s done a great job at Bolton.

"For us, whatever team is selected, we will be ready and organised. I think we have got better with each home performance. We have taken giant steps, but we have so far to go.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum