Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portsmouth boss Danny Cowley on 'key decisions' against Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Portsmouth boss Danny Cowley on 'key decisions' against Wanderers 13650299

Portsmouth boss Danny Cowley reckons four “key decisions” went against his side following their 1-1 draw with Wanderers.

The points were shared at the UniBol as Kieran Sadlier’s penalty cancelled out Aiden O’Brien’s opener.

Cowley felt it was a soft penalty and believes Elias Kachunga “bought” the foul.

The Pompey chief also felt Kyle Dempsey and Will Aimson were perhaps fortunate to stay on the pitch and says his side could have had a spot-kick of their own.

"I thought the key decisions went against us,” he told Hampshire Live. “I thought the referee refereed fine, but I thought there were probably four key moments that went against us.

“I’m not saying that they were 100 per cent one way or 100 per cent the other, I’m just saying that there were four of them and we were on the wrong side.

"There was Kyle Dempsey’s one in the first half. I’ll be honest, I didn’t think it was live, so I’m just saying it as it is. I didn’t think it was a sending off but when I watched it back, it was reckless and off his feet. It’s a bad tackle.

“Then in the second half, there was the penalty decision. We coached Elias Kachunga at Huddersfield and as he came off the pitch, he apologised to Nicky (Cowley).

"He bought it. You’ve only got to look at how he falls to see that it was an unnatural way of falling. He bought it and I’m not criticising that because this is football.

“Then, I thought there was the Michael Jacobs one where he has a shot and the defender (George Johnston) spreads himself and it hits his hand.

“The fourth one, Aimson, had got a booking and then clattered through the back (of Aiden O’Brien) right in front of the dug out.”

But Cowley refused to place the blame on referee Marc Edwards and says his side weren’t clinical enough in the final third to secure all three points.

He added: “I’m being fair, I’m not saying any of them categorically were or categorically weren’t. There are four key decisions that were like that and I think all four have gone against us.

“I think that, and the fact that we didn’t have a little bit more final conviction in our in final action is the reason we didn’t win the game.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum