Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Excellent side' - Portsmouth boss gives verdict on Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Excellent side' - Portsmouth boss gives verdict on Wanderers 17388025

Portsmouth boss John Mousinho reckons their clash with Wanderers has all the ingredients to be a cracker – and hopes his side can rise to the occasion.

The top two teams in League One are preparing to do battle at Fratton Park in front of the TV cameras.

Mousinho has been impressed with what he has seen from Ian Evatt’s side and reckons the Whites’ style will “lend itself to an exciting game”.

He told the club’s YouTube channel: “They are a side that has been together for a while now with a really distinctive playing style.

“They are definitely deserving of where they have been in the league table this year – a really excellent side, putting a few teams away by a good margin as well.

“There is a lot to dissect when we watch Bolton and look at how to set up against them. I think the best way to put it is they are an excellent side and we have got to be right at it to make sure we compete on Monday.”

The Pompey chief continued: “Bolton want to play, they play some really good football, and I think that will lend itself to an exciting game.

“Thinking back to February when both sides met at Fratton Park, I thought it was a brilliant game.

“We obviously came out on top late in the game, but I thought it was a hard-fought affair with a lot of good football in there as well. I expect something similar with two sides who have improved since then.”

Portsmouth returned to the top of the table with a comfortable 3-0 win against Northampton last weekend while Wanderers were in FA Cup action against Harrogate.

“We look forward to every single game,” Mousinho added. “We look forward to home games because of what we get in terms of the support at Fratton Park.

“I think that adds to everything on Monday night – the fact it’s on TV, under the lights, first versus second. I think all these things will make for a fantastic atmosphere and we are really looking forward to it.”

Top-scorer Colby Bishop will not be involved against the Whites, but things could have been much worse for the forward after injuring his ankle.

“The second opinion was just to rule out anything longer term, which we have managed to do,” the boss explained.

“We are still looking at about three or four weeks, which is a good outcome for Colby considering the severity of how he turned his ankle at the time.

“Tom Lowery is back in full training, he was back at the end of last week but having a full week under his belt has been really positive. Anthony Scully has returned to full training, (Friday) was his first day back, ready and available.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum