Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'It’s just the most unbelievable club' - Trafford on potential Wanderers return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'It’s just the most unbelievable club' - Trafford on potential Wanderers return 13688690

James Trafford has talked up the chances of a Wanderers return next season, admitting he has built a “brilliant rhythm” since arriving from Manchester City on loan.

The goalkeeper, who has a year to run on his contract at the Etihad, says he does not want to return to Under-23s football.

But his impressive spell at the UniBol, which has included seven clean sheets and just three defeats, could give the 19-year-old other options as he weighs up his next move.

Trafford had an unsuccessful loan at Accrington in the first half of the season, so wants to make sure he gets the next decision in his career just right.

“To be honest I haven’t had any real discussions and I am going to leave it to City, Xavi Mancisidor (City goalkeeping coach), my agent, and revisit things at the end of the season,” he said.

“I was dropped out of the team at Accrington, so now I only want to focus on one game at a time and finish this season as strongly as I can.

“I have to be careful. I am in a brilliant rhythm here, I am comfortable with all the lads, and we are building something really good. It will be a big factor in my decision making and I have loved every moment I have been here, and I am sure I will love the next two weeks.”

Trafford has forged a good relationship with the Wanderers fans having taken on the keeper’s gloves from Joel Dixon in January.

And the youngster says the feeling of ‘being appreciated’ has been a big motivation during his time with Bolton.

“It is an unbelievable club,” he said. “I didn’t quite realise how big it was when I came here.

“I remember Gillo (Matt Gilks) taking me around the stadium and at that point I’d only driven past it. I looked around and it was just brilliant.

“First away game at Shrewsbury and I’m playing in front of a packed out away end – I’d never done that before.

“Even there (at Doncaster) they have taken 2,500-3,000 and we have essentially got nothing to play for in the league and it’s a Bank Holiday. But they sang so loud it gives you so much confidence – it’s just the most unbelievable club.”

Trafford has previously stated he wanted to be Manchester City’s first choice keeper in the future and he continues to keep a keen eye on his parent club.

“They are flying and showing what everyone in the world knows they can do on that big stage,” he said. “I’m really happy for them.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum