Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennie Lawrence set for Bolton move - Palace Chairman

+7
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Sgt. Bash
jayjay23
xmiles
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PALACE co-chairman Steve Parish has confirmed that Dougie Freedman wants to take Lennie Lawrence and Curtis Fleming to Bolton Wanderers.

Freedman is expected to be announced as the new Trotters boss soon and is keen to bring Lawrence and Fleming - assistant manager and first-team coach respectively - to Lancashire with him.

The duo took caretaker charge of Palace on Tuesday night as they drew 1-1 at Barnsley. Parish said: "It's fair to say that is probably what Dougie wants and I think we've got to look at it.

"I know Lennie is just an unbelievably professional bloke that will do a great job for us, up to the point he goes.

"I know it would be a difficult decision but he's become very close to Dougie, they have worked together very closely. So maybe that is what happens.

"There will be a very grown-up conversation with Lenniw about what we are going to do.

"Barnsley was a good, professional performance. I couldn't make it because of a long-standing engagement but we did a good job.

"I've said pretty much everything I'm going to say on the Dougie situation - he's decided to take another job and we move on. There is not a lot else we can do.

For a full interview with Parish, see Friday's South London Press.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Depressing but not unexpected.

Well at least Crystal Palace are keeping us informed about what's happening.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Thanks Crystal. So JP and LSL are going to get booted back to the kids then? They may as well take the Palace job!

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I now hate it when managers appoint their buddies as assitant and first team coach.

We should have stood our ground and told whoever took charge to keep Lee as assistant and Phillips & Darby as first team coaches!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's why I think BWFC have not made an official statement.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah I hate that too, we are employing him, not his whole team.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's just another expense for him to bring his pals who won't make a bit of difference to his performance.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OneFinFreedman wrote:Well at least Crystal Palace are keeping us informed about what's happening.

I thought the same thing myself... Rolling Eyes

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

OneFinFreedman wrote:Well at least Crystal Palace are keeping us informed about what's happening.
They've told us fuck all about the kit man situation yet. Has Freedman got any in-laws lined up? We need to be told.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we are keeping our portly kit man. He threatened to go on hunger strike if they ditched him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's like we've learnt nothing from the Coyle shambles. If a manager can't manage without his mate holding his hand he shouldn't be in this job.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's like we've learnt nothing from the Coyle shambles. If a manager can't manage without his mate holding his hand he shouldn't be in this job.

I totally agree with this. You don't get Mourinho needing the same backroom staff. Jimmy Phillips and Sammy Lee are more than good enough coaches, Freedman should give them a chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum