Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 32]

241Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 02:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Window dressing such a fresh lick of paint on the stadium and signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the ST doesn't cut any financial ice with hard nosed business people looking to invest/buy the club - they do due diligence by looking at the books and not put their hands in the pockets because we play pretty football or that we are all 'one Bolton' or whatever the marketing tag line is that FV are pushing.
Amazing then that "a fresh lick of paint" or however you wish to deride their efforts has somehow convinced some "hard nosed businessman" to allegedly chuck a mysterious £2.4 million in the pot, isn't it?

As I said, it wouldn't surprise me if Sharon et al are already on the case sorting out future finances and potentially the dosh that we can't explain has something to do with that. And if so it could signify several things - including "in-principle" future buyout or investment subject to achieving targets e.g. promotion. Who knows? Nobody on this site that's for sure.

I'd certainly expect there to be a 5/7 year working document/plan guiding "hard-nosed businesswoman" Sharon's direction of travel and related activity/negotiations.

242Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 06:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Amazing then that "a fresh lick of paint" or however you wish to deride their efforts has somehow convinced some "hard nosed businessman" to allegedly chuck a mysterious £2.4 million in the pot, isn't it?

As I said, it wouldn't surprise me if Sharon et al are already on the case sorting out future finances and potentially the dosh that we can't explain has something to do with that. And if so it could signify several things - including "in-principle" future buyout or investment subject to achieving targets e.g. promotion. Who knows? Nobody on this site that's for sure.

I'd certainly expect there to be a 5/7 year working document/plan guiding "hard-nosed businesswoman" Sharon's direction of travel and related activity/negotiations.
We seem to be back to stupidity on stilts with Lusty. But it is never far away, is it?

If Sharon has any sense, which I’m sure she has, she will be searching for an exit route right now. She’s had her time rocking up at the Reebok as Chairperson but it will have cost her and I doubt she can afford to do it  for very much longer.

She might get lucky but some things are easier to get into than get out of as Eddie Davies discovered to his family’s great cost.

243Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 08:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Window dressing such a fresh lick of paint on the stadium and signing a Memorandum of Understanding with the ST doesn't cut any financial ice with hard nosed business people looking to invest/buy the club - they do due diligence by looking at the books and not put their hands in the pockets because we play pretty football or that we are all 'one Bolton' or whatever the marketing tag line is that FV are pushing.

As Bob succinctly puts it...

Ten Bobsworth wrote:We seem to be back to stupidity on stilts with Lusty. But it is never far away, is it?

Let's put things simply for you...

The club cost FV £28.5m to buy - (£16m intangible assets, £12.5m tangible assets).

They still owe an outstanding amount of £10m to PBP and Warburton.

They still owe another £1m to the Administrator.

In the accounts for the last two reported years of trading they have accrued a near £7m loss (or in other words have yet to move close towards being able to trade at a sustainable financial level).

So on one side of the equation it's cost them £28.5m for all the assets but they still owe £10m on them plus another £8m accrued debt from two years trading - so for the money they've put in (£28.5m) they 'own' net assets to the value of £10.5m (being £28.5m less £18m).

And even saying that the £10.5m worth of assets they own (free of secured charges such as PBP and Warburton hold against their loans) is quite considerably 'blurred' in that it is FV themselves that have placed a value of £16m on their 'intangible assets' (£6m goodwill, £10m 'intellectual property' (???) that might even been deemed to be worthless to any future perspective buyer of the business!

To get their money back FV would have to basically sell any additional assets they have accrued during there period of ownership - in other words by player trading/sales to the value of £18m.

Is the squad worth £18m if we could sell them all - No it isn't.

And you really believe people are lining up to invest in the business???

If there are people lining up it is because they see a business in distress and see a chance to buy the club cheaply whilst FV are forced to sell before losing most of what they've put into the business.

As for 'who knows' as you put it - I do, Bob does and you would too if you really were a proper business advisor - as the accounts clearly show a business that was bought at a premium in access of the real value of the company, is mired in ongoing debt, trading at an ongoing loss, with insufficient cash flow that has been leant by the owners who have now been forced to swap these loans for equity to keep the company afloat and in doing so made themselves personally liable (will lose ALL their money) if the club goes into Administration - which it seems to be teetering on the edge of - hence the last minute purchase of £2.4m worth of shares via Luckock!

Note if I were an investor investing in the company I'd be putting my money is as a secured loan against assets and NOT as a minority equity shareholder!!!

(You get all your money back if you are a secured creditor but you lose it all if the company falls into Administration).

Would you advice your (make believe) 'clients' to invest their money in such a business???

I certainly wouldn't.

244Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 11:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did I say people are lining up to invest in the business? No.
Did I say that there aren't outstanding debts? No.
Did I say that the current asset value covers such debts? No.
Do you and Bob know what negotiations and moves to protect the future finances of the club are going on behind the scenes? Do you f***.

So WTF are you wittering on about?
Try reading what I actually wrote and think about it - and stop lying about what you actually know.

245Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 11:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Did I say people are lining up to invest in the business? No.
Did I say that there aren't outstanding debts? No.
Did I say that the current asset value covers such debts? No.
Do you and Bob know what negotiations and moves to protect the future finances of the club are going on behind the scenes? Do you f***.

So WTF are you wittering on about?
Try reading what I actually wrote and think about it - and stop lying about what you actually know.

I do read what you've actually wrote thank you - maybe you've forgotten it yourself?

wanderlust wrote:That's a bridge to cross when we get there although I suspect Sharon et al would have given it plenty of consideration - in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they're already working on in-principle conditional deals to secure the requisite investment/purchase providing we get promoted.

I think they're packaging a potential future deal pretty well - fan/community engagement, tarting up the ground, attractive playing style under a young manager and (ostensibly) reasonably balanced finances - they've done OK without splashing loadsa dosh in that respect. The "product" is progressing towards being the best it can be under the circumstances.

wanderlust wrote:

Did you say people were lining up to invest in the business - well you clearly state you believe FV to be working on such deals and have been for some time!

Did you say there aren't outstanding debts - well you clearly state FV have "reasonably balanced finances"!  Do you really consider a position of a potential £18m loss on investment and trading over two years to be a 'reasonably balanced' financial position to be in?  After all that's what you've said.

Did you say current assets cover the debt - no you didn't but you've repeatedly said FV are working on deals for inward investment - would you as a business consultant advice your client to invest in FV who are clearly financially stressed to the tune of around £18m, in significant debt and trading at a loss?

I know I wouldn't advise anyone to do so!

Do Bob and I know what FV is doing to keep the club afloat - well yes we do - we know the current owners of FV have had to swop loans to equity - something in excess of well over £10m worth since the last published accounts.  No one does that unless there is no other means to avoid doing so because they've had to take on the financial risk themselves as a personal liability - if FV falls into Administration they've lost all their personal investment of millions each.

Would you risk your own money if you could avoid doing so by other means?

Of course you would, we all would!

Finally I don't lie, I don't see the point in doing so in real life let alone doing so on social media to try to save face like you constantly have - Hoppy510 for instance!

What was it that Bob called your analysis...

Ten Bobsworth wrote:We seem to be back to stupidity on stilts with Lusty. But it is never far away, is it?

He's certainly got your measure!

246Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 11:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chill out fellas, Nick Mason is going to be a very rich man soon is this is true, he'll bail out Shazza  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

247Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 12:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Chill out fellas, Nick Mason is going to be a very rich man soon is this is true, he'll bail out Shazza  Very Happy

I'm always chilled thank you and maybe this as always been Mason's plaything (or possibly more likely backing Sharon unconditionally with her desire to be doing this).

Up to now though if it is, he seems to be more the financial safety net to FV whilst they work their way to some form of financial sustainability (possibly being the lender of last resort when the £2.4m was put in for shares at the last possible minute?).

It's certainly a far more believable scenario than that what Wanderlust has been purporting.

248Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I'm always chilled thank you 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

249Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 12:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I'm always chilled thank you 

Believe what you like.

Fact is I've done about 15 years of modding on social media and dealt with all sorts in that time - I don't believe anyone could do that if they weren't a naturally chilled soul.

250Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 12:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Believe what you like.

Fact is I've done about 15 years of modding on social media and dealt with all sorts in that time - I don't believe anyone could do that if they weren't a naturally chilled soul.
The sense of humour bypass has helped as well

251Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I do read what you've actually wrote thank you - maybe you've forgotten it yourself?

Did you say people were lining up to invest in the business - well you clearly state you believe FV to be working on such deals and have been for some time!

Did you say there aren't outstanding debts - well you clearly state FV have "reasonably balanced finances"!  Do you really consider a position of a potential £18m loss on investment and trading over two years to be a 'reasonably balanced' financial position to be in?  After all that's what you've said.

Did you say current assets cover the debt - no you didn't but you've repeatedly said FV are working on deals for inward investment - would you as a business consultant advice your client to invest in FV who are clearly financially stressed to the tune of around £18m, in significant debt and trading at a loss?

I know I wouldn't advise anyone to do so!

Do Bob and I know what FV is doing to keep the club afloat - well yes we do - we know the current owners of FV have had to swop loans to equity - something in excess of well over £10m worth since the last published accounts.  No one does that unless there is no other means to avoid doing so because they've had to take on the financial risk themselves as a personal liability - if FV falls into Administration they've lost all their personal investment of millions each.

Would you risk your own money if you could avoid doing so by other means?

Of course you would, we all would!

Finally I don't lie, I don't see the point in doing so in real life let alone doing so on social media to try to save face like you constantly have - Hoppy510 for instance!

What was it that Bob called your analysis...

He's certainly got your measure!
"it wouldn't surprise me if."
"could signify"
"ostensibly reasonably balanced figures"

Do you not understand the words if, ostensibly and could?

Pigs might fly - but I doesn't mean I believe they will so stop lying about what I have stated as fact.

Either you're too stupid to recognise the difference between speculation and fact or you're doing it deliberately.

I know you've made a career of it but it's time you retired.

252Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 12:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Believe what you like.

The sense of humour bypass has helped as well

If you believe I've not got a sense of humour (although I do laugh at Wanderlust a lot!) then why bother post what you did?

It only leads to me responding to you as I did above.

My sense of humour is just fine thank you very much although I've long since passed the stage of finding dick and fanny jokes in any way funny any more.

I've moved on from that when I was about twelve years old!

Fwiw this is more my sense of humour and which I thoroughly enjoyed watching last night.

253Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 13:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
"it wouldn't surprise me if."
"could signify"
"ostensibly reasonably balanced figures"

Do you not understand the words if, ostensibly and could?

Pigs might fly - but I doesn't mean I believe they will so stop lying about what I have stated as fact.

Either you're too stupid to recognise the difference between speculation and fact or you're doing it deliberately.

I know you've made a career of it but it's time you retired.

...lying
...stupid
...time to retire

:rofl:

Norpig...

Norpig wrote:Chill out fellas, Nick Mason is going to be a very rich man soon is this is true, he'll bail out Shazza  Very Happy

...which one of us, Wanderlust or I, is the one still ranting (and being quite unnecessarily personally abusive!) and which one of us is the chilled one...???

As I keep saying...

Sluffy wrote:I do laugh at Wanderlust a lot!

...and will carry on doing so whilst he continues to act as he does!!!

254Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

255Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 14:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You didn't answer my question Norpig - I wonder why...?

Which is the one of us who is ranting (and abusive) and which is the one who is chilled?

I'm not the one in any way to blame here so if you are attempting to be fair then for once in your life call Wanderlust out and don't try to make out we are in someway 'equally' to blame.

We are not.

256Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 14:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't answer your question as i've lost the will to live with the both of you.

If you two want to continue to wreck the site for the rest of us then carry on regardless.

257Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 15:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I didn't answer your question as i've lost the will to live with the both of you.

If you two want to continue to wreck the site for the rest of us then carry on regardless.

I don't want to wreck the site though - don't you understand that?

Look this is simple over the years Wanderlust posts something and I shoot it down as being factually wrong.  He can't for whatever reasons he has, admit to being wrong and as he can't refute what I've said to be wrong he try's to discredit me on a personal level.

That's what as been going on for years - Wanderlust posts bollocks - I shoot them down and he attacks me on a personal level.

I respond the to the personal attacks by laughing at him and quoting back some of the stupidity he's spouted over the years - the £268m, the knowing how government works based on him working in a non government organisation and so on.

It's got to the state when this had to end when Karly left the site, so I pledged not to laugh at Wanderlust if he kept to his side of the fence.

The thing is though he simply can't.

Look what's happened above - he says something far fetched about FV's financial position and future planning and I post to show him what the reality is of the position they are actually in!

He can't accept to be seen to be wrong hence his outburst and abuse.

Just look at what he even says in his last rant (let's put the abuse to one side - although it would have been nice if you or others had called him out for it as being quite unnecessary and not warranted).

Basically what he says is that it's ok for him to say anything (pigs might fly for instance) but even though he says it he doesn't believe it to be true himself.

Using that logic it is quite alright in his world to post stuff that I've completely shown to be false logic (or incorrect analysis, or whatever he thinks it is) but on being shown how wrong it is, claims that he didn't necessarily believe what he had said had any merit it the first place - ie pigs can't fly.

Why say such things if he doesn't believe them?

The thing though is that he thought they were viable at the time of him posting them - but since reading how things really are simply can't accept that he was wrong - hence the wacky logic as to why he said them in the first place (plus the abuse).

It's no big deal saying he was wrong, nor saying I was right BUT he can't bring himself to do that.

That's the core of the problem and has been for years.

I've not minded laughing at him over the years but clearly that cycle now needs to be broken and can only be done so when he realises that he does get things wrong - and the rest of us can see he does too!

It's personal on his side and it needs to be recognised by everyone on here as such.

I don't mind he calls me names - water off a ducks back really BUT I know that it needs to STOP if we are to put an end to this - that's why I've been saying that after four years of it, it now has to end if there is going to be any chance of ending this feud.

He needs to take responsibility of what he writes - if he gets things wrong (and we all do) then he needs to accept that and move on and not keep making out that it's all some sort of a personal vendetta by me against him!

It's not and never has been.

He simply doesn't like to be seen to be wrong and he doesn't like to be laughed at.

So all that is needed is for him to wind his neck in when he is mistaken and not perpetuate the cycle.

It's not going to end otherwise unless one of us leaves for good is it?

So it would help immensely if others called him out for his behaviour instead of seeing me as the baddie in all of this all of the time.

258Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 15:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

259Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 15:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It really doesn't help in any way.

You bang on about wanting to end all this and when I spell out to you what the problem actually is and how easily it can be resolved - you don't want to know.

260Transfer rumours ! - Page 13 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 05 2022, 15:26

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum