Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 32]

481Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 24 2023, 20:53

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Thoughts on the return of Dan?
Very pleased actually Lusty. I didn’t want him back as a loan so I’m pleased he’s here for 3 years giving time for IE to develop him as they’ve indicated they feel he has real potential. We don’t know how much has been paid but I would imagine it’s nominal with sell on fees. If IE and the coaches can get the obvious potential out of him we could have a very valuable player on our hands.

482Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 25 2023, 23:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Despite potential work permit issues, the Trotters are hoping to sign Florian Flick this summer

German publication Bild first reported - via the Bolton News - that Wanderers had the 23-year-old on their list of targets this summer, and now Alan Nixon has written on Patreon that the club are hoping to land his signature on a loan deal from Bundesliga outfit Schalke.

However, even though work permit rules have been relaxed in the EFL from this season onwards, Bolton still reportedly face complications in bringing Flick to the country through the proper channels to make sure he can ply his trade in the United Kingdom.

Who is Florian Flick?

Flick is a 23-year-old defensive midfielder currently plying his trade for Schalke, although he started his professional career in the German fourth tier with Waldof Mannheim.

He earned a move to Schalke in 2020 and spent time in both their first-team and the second team, making his top flight debut in May 2021 and scoring his first goal for the club in the same month.

Flick has played 42 times for Schalke's senior side - mainly in the second tier in the 2021-22 season - and with game-time limited in the first half of the 2022-23 campaign, he was sent on loan to Nurnberg of the 2. Bundesliga, playing 16 times for them between his arrival and the end of the season.

Flick has experience of featuring at a good level in his native country of Germany, but it doesn't appear as though he has an immediate future at Schalke.

Therefore, if Bolton can get a loan deal tied up for the 23-year-old then it will be a shrewd addition.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

483Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 25 2023, 23:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keanu Baccus St Mirren transfer exit on verge as star travels to Bolton to seal £275k deal

Keanu Baccus is reportedly on the verge of his move to Bolton after St Mirren granted him permission to head south to seal his £275,000 switch.

The Australian, 25, will depart the SMiSA Stadium for Wanderers this month after both clubs agreed on a fee to allow the playmaker to join his new side before the start of pre-season. Baccus enjoyed 36 outings for the Buddies last season and even travelled to Qatar for the Socceroos' World Cup campaign which will have boosted his fee.

The Daily Record are now reporting that St Mirren could stand to gain even more than the initial fee with add-ons with the deal after he completed his medical and tests this week.

A work permit is the only issue waiting to be ironed out before he can make the move official.

The Record claim St Mirren will benefit from further Oz caps as well as performances at Bolton while there is a clause regarding potential promotions and a "chunky" future sell-on.

Baccus has one year left on his contract in Paisley but this sale will go towards Stephen Robinson's coffers to strengthen his own squad for next term.

484Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 26 2023, 00:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bristol City full-back Kane Wilson was set to be unveiled as a Bolton Wanderers player last week

Kane Wilson is scheduled to report for the first day of pre-season training at Bristol City on Monday as his anticipated move to Bolton Wanderers hangs in the balance, Bristol Live understands.

Wilson was due to sign for the League One club last week and a medical was booked for the full-back but the transfer is said to have stalled due to a disagreement over certain terms within the deal.

A fee in the region of £200,000 was agreed plus add-ons between City and Bolton, and Wilson’s salary expectations were thought to have been met but negotiations have continued over the weekend.

For now, Wilson remains part of Nigel Pearson’s squad and will be required to attend testing at the High Performance Centre on Monday morning.

His future beyond that is decidedly uncertain but the expectation remains that should the Bolton transfer not come to pass, there is still enough interest in the 23-year-old to facilitate a sale this summer.

Wilson’s path to the first team is blocked by George Tanner and potentially new signing Ross McCrorie - who won’t be present at the HPC as he’s been given extra time off due to his place in the Scotland squad for their Euro 2024 qualifiers against Norway and Georgia - and Under-21 prospect Harry Leeson, while Pearson also used Mark Sykes and Andi Weimann at times as right wing-backs last season.

The potential for Jason Knight being signed this summer only further complicates the situation for Wilson who after a frustrating 12 months of being injured or on the fringes of the matchday squad wants to be playing regularly.

485Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 26 2023, 01:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So it transpires that we paid "a six figure fee" to sign Dan
Baccus reportedly £250k and a further £250k "add ons"
Plus two goalies and a LWB so far
Fee for Wilson is being disputed and Flick will be a loanee if it comes off

All in all a fair bit of cash splashed and whether it's going to make us better than last season is debatable but...
- early deals so more time to work with them
- nobody important sold
- our players so apart from Flick (potentially) we're developing players for ourselves

Some positives I guess.

486Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 26 2023, 13:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Wanderers reportedly running into difficulties in getting visas for both Flick and Baccus, a few other clubs are circling and we need to get these deals over the line asap.
Wilson deal just being held up by Brizzle wanting more money. Pearson getting a lot of stick from Wanderers fans but if it was our club selling I'd be expecting our manager to fight for every penny.
I know Pearson is a cantankerous old c*** but I still feel sorry for him building that amazing Leicester team that survived an incredible relegation battle and went on to win the Prem next season with Ranieri getting all the glory for Pearson's work.
It was Pearson who signed the bulk of the team including Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez but he gets no credit for it.
Anyway, f*** him if he's behind preventing us from getting our man Smile

487Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 26 2023, 14:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We can only get the deals done if and when we are able to comply with the relevant conditions that would mean the visas would be approved - something along the lines I believe being is there no UK citizen that could do the job as well as these non UK citizens could, or something similar.

If the Home Office believes there are, then it doesn't matter how many other clubs may be after them as none of them will be granted visa's for Flick or Baccus either!

As for Wilson, it is just normal club posturing - they have a value, we meet it they sell, we don't meet it we haggle until either a compromise is reached, or we pay the asking price, or we walk away and go after someone else.

Nothing at all new here and utterly pointless that Bolton's moronic keyboard warriors are abusing Bristol's manager just like you have above by calling him a cunt.

There's simply no need for it.

We aren't that sort of a forum and never have been.

488Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 27 2023, 08:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So it looks like all 3 signings are off for various reasons. In honesty I never really believed the Flick story, it always seemed unlikely that a very promising young German player would slip down into the 3rd division in England when there are bigger options at home. I don’t know if I’m unduly bothered about Wilson given his injury record and feel sure there are others around just as good but it’s Baccus I’m disappointed about if it falls down because that one seemed to be a bit of a coup. Still at least it gives IE a treasure chest without the payments to these 3 and I’d be encouraged to go for May now at Cheltenham and Smith from Cambridge. I’m sure IE and CM have other irons in the fire so let’s see how it turns out over the next few weeks.

489Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 27 2023, 08:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:So it looks like all 3 signings are off for various reasons. In honesty I never really believed the Flick story, it always seemed unlikely that a very promising young German player would slip down into the 3rd division in England when there are bigger options at home. I don’t know if I’m unduly bothered about Wilson given his injury record and feel sure there are others around just as good but it’s Baccus I’m disappointed about if it falls down because that one seemed to be a bit of a coup. Still at least it gives IE a treasure chest without the payments to these 3 and I’d be encouraged to go for May now at Cheltenham and Smith from Cambridge. I’m sure IE and CM have other irons in the fire so let’s see how it turns out over the next few weeks.

Still have hopes for Baccus.

490Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 27 2023, 13:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:

Still have hopes for Baccus.
Yes me too Lusty, just have to keep fingers crossed on it I suppose?

491Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 27 2023, 14:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Yes me too Lusty, just have to keep fingers crossed on it I suppose?
Lies now saying we've pulled out of the chase for Baccus.

492Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 27 2023, 15:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

493Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 04 2023, 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Will Forrester a done deal?

494Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 04 2023, 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes he is.

Lightweight.

495Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 04 2023, 13:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him but from what i've read he can play anywhere at the back so good cover if nothing else.

496Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 04 2023, 13:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When are we gonna sign a proper striker.

497Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 04 2023, 22:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Is Will Forrester a done deal?

Seems he is liable to make a mistake, will fit right in Twisted Evil

498Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 10 2023, 19:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

499Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 10 2023, 19:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems a bit odd considering we've only just triggered a further year extension to his contract.

Williams, 27, made his 100th Bolton appearance during the past season with 35 games in total for Ian Evatt's side.

Accruing that number of matches in the season enabled Bolton to exercise their contract extension for the former Liverpool, Rochdale and Blackpool player.

500Transfer rumours ! - Page 25 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jul 15 2023, 15:16

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So no Rico again today, illness for himself this time, illness for his son last week! Clearly something going on there and as disturbing no Dion again either, still recovering from international duty if you believe that? I’m beginning to get very worried about all this especially with Johnston out too! 🥴

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum