Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rivalries

+4
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Conor_Student21
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 17:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bruce Forsyth v Sammy Davis Jnr. I'm your man. 
Contact me via Padgate police station.

42Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 17:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Bruce Forsyth v Sammy Davis Jnr. I'm your man. 
Contact me via Padgate police station.

Bonce, don't you know we are all now on the Rival thread to this one now?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t24509-rivalries

43Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 17:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

What! Even this thread has a rival. The world's gone mad. Shocked

44Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 17:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

What! Even this thread has a rival. The world's gone mad. Shocked

I'm thinking of starting a rival thread to this and the other rival thread, are you with me or are you intending to be another one of my rivals if I do?

45Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 17:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Count me out. It would just be another thread on which to be bitch slapped by Nat. Sometimes I think I should just keep my mouth shut. Crying or Very sad

boltonbonce wrote:With a big name cast I hope. Can't wait to see who's playing me.

Enlarge this imageClick to see fullsize
Rivalries - Page 3 800px-Baboon_buttocks

46Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 17:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus Christ! I’m not sure what to say after seeing that image Bonce! Shocked Very Happy

47Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 17:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Jesus Christ! I’m not sure what to say after seeing that image Bonce! Shocked Very Happy
Blame Nat. She posted it. I cried myself to sleep. Sad

48Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 19:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is an ongoing rivalry between pies (Wigan) and pasties (BWFC) that is as controversial as it is passionate. Notwithstanding the debate about which is better to eat - and therefore which is the better football team - meat product inspired fights frequently spill on to the streets and pubs of both neighbouring towns.
At BWFC we have the North Family Stand named after our sponsor, long-established local pastie manufacturer Carr's who also extend a discount to fans which some of our more tightfisted ST holders take full advantage of by ordering home deliveries of boxes of the frozen delicacy.
At Wigan, their stupid mascot  is a pie named Crusty.
Or to be more accurate, a random actor wearing a hubcap with a cartoon face painted on it.
However, the contract to supply pies to the DW Stadium was controversially given to the Clayton Park company based in Accrington - in other words a ringer. Conclusive proof that BWFC is a far better football club than our gastronomically-challenged neighbours.

49Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 19:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:There is an ongoing rivalry between pies (Wigan) and pasties (BWFC) that is as controversial as it is passionate. Notwithstanding the debate about which is better to eat - and therefore which is the better football team - meat product inspired fights frequently spill on to the streets and pubs of both neighbouring towns.
At BWFC we have the North Family Stand named after our sponsor, long-established local pastie manufacturer Carr's who also extend a discount to fans which some of our more tightfisted ST holders take full advantage of by ordering home deliveries of boxes of the frozen delicacy.
At Wigan, their stupid mascot  is a pie named Crusty.
Or to be more accurate, a random actor wearing a hubcap with a cartoon face painted on it.
However, the contract to supply pies to the DW Stadium was controversially given to the Clayton Park company based in Accrington - in other words a ringer. Conclusive proof that BWFC is a far better football club than our gastronomically-challenged neighbours.
Tight fisted! A freezer runs better when it's full. Got to fill it with something, why not pasties. Cool

50Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 19:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Tight fisted! A freezer runs better when it's full. Got to fill it with something, why not pasties. Cool
Always imagined yours would already be full of the neighbours' "lost" cats, a DHL driver and the exhumed corpse of Bruce the Mighty Atom shrouded in a gold lame smoking jacket for some reason Bonce Smile

51Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 23:10

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's 2022. There is no rivalry with Man Utd.

Not much rivalry anymore but that doesn’t stop right-minded Boltonians calling out the self-serving, monetised, posturing poseurs for what they are.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Sep 07 2022, 11:17; edited 1 time in total

52Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 23:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Always imagined yours would already be full of the neighbours' "lost" cats, a DHL driver and the exhumed corpse of Bruce the Mighty Atom shrouded in a gold lame smoking jacket for some reason Bonce Smile
That would be my chest freezer. In the shed. What a Face

53Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Tue Sep 06 2022, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

54Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Wed Sep 07 2022, 08:22

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lets face it Sluffy, any other 'rivalries' are mere flotsam compared to the real one with the Rags which actively endured for 25 years whilst the Wanderers were virtually a permanent member of Division 1. Only Arsenal had stayed in the top division longer.

It remained relatively quiet during the wilderness years but re-ignited on every occasion the Wanderers reached the top tier. The lack of knowledge of its origins must in, large part, be attributed to the Beeno (the Bolton Evening News now the Bolton News) though it had been the BEN that lit the blue touch paper in 1939.

But remember also that the Beeno was so ignorant of Bolton Wanderers finances over the last twenty five years that it falsely claimed that former chairman, Gordon Hargreaves, funded the building of the Reebok at the very time the club was teetering on the brink because of its inability to repay a mortgage taken out by Dean Holdsworth on the security of the stadium. There wasn't a grain of truth in Marc Iles' claim which only served to prove how clueless the Beeno was and had been for years about the critical financing of Bolton Wanderers.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Sep 07 2022, 08:50; edited 1 time in total

55Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Wed Sep 07 2022, 08:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would anyone care about a rivalry from decades ago?

56Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Wed Sep 07 2022, 08:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why would anyone care about a rivalry from decades ago?
affraid

57Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Wed Sep 07 2022, 09:10

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I do hope you stick around, Conor.

If you want to know about balance sheets you could check out the Loughborough Uni library for Sam Allardyce's book, 'Accounting and Finance for Dummies'. Search for it under 'Fiction'.

58Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Wed Sep 07 2022, 09:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's no accounting for dummies, Bob.

59Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Wed Sep 07 2022, 11:12

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:There's no accounting for dummies, Bob.

No shortage of them either, Boncey.

60Rivalries - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivalries Wed Sep 07 2022, 11:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You can take a BSc course in Accounting and Financial Management at Loughborough Uni. So it shouldn't be too difficult for Conor to find someone to explain to him why the Reebok Stadium's only worth £3million and the Intellectual Property £10million. ..dunno.. ..dunno.. ..dunno..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum