Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 09:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Early kick off at 7 tonight and I'm not sure there's much enthusiasm for this as Evatt will be trying to to restore confidence again after three straight defeats and the looming prospect of a very tough game against a resurgent Charlton on Saturday.
Sheehan, Isgrove and possibly Toal could be involved tonight so there's some interest in that but despite [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm not sure how much value we'll get from the game other than minutes for peripheral players.
We'll see.

1 - 1

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have as much interest in this game as i do with Bob's finance thread.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well here we go with a second string team against Crewe's second string - both teams have made 8 changes from the weekend.
Lots of fans predicting a big win but Crewe have rebuilt since last season and I can't see it being straightforward.
That said, they've just gifted us a goal - inexplicably. WTF their no 2 was doing I'll never know.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Toal looks very confident and tidy so far.

Crewe have a lively lad on loan from Leicester - looks like he could cause us a problem or two.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

15 gone and Crewe are sitting off and allowing us possession and loads of space.
Made us look good and on their first attack they equalise.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scrappy equaliser in the Nat Lofthouse mode on Dixon who was weak in the challenge. Looked like Dixon f****d up TBH.

With all this space we should be rampant but we are breaking down when we get near their goal again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crewe stick it in the net again with a very tidy finish but we are saved by a late offside call.
At the other end, Baka misses a tap in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aimson booked and so far he's playing like he wants to get sent off. Another stupid tackle.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Thanks for the updates lusty. I can't get commentary or video! 😑

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's poor overall mate.
Toal has looked very commanding and calm and Sheehan has been good at spreading it around but the reality is we're overelaborate and lack quality up top.

Bradley coming on for Jones at HT.

11Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

What formation have we been using?

I see
Jones Aimson Toal Johnson Iredale
Sadlier Sheehan Thomasson Dapo
Bakayoko
But no idea what shape /combination we are using?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still scrappy.

Some nice touches in the build ups especially from Sadlier, but there are some decent runs that are not being spotted and every attack just gets bogged down or ends with a poor pass that loses possession.

Bad decisions and bad passes continue to be our downfall.

And Baka seems to have lost something since last season.

13Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:What formation have we been using?

I see
Jones Aimson Toal Johnson Iredale
Sadlier Sheehan Thomasson Dapo
Bakayoko
But no idea what shape /combination we are using?
532/352 although it's changed in the second half with Sadlier having a free role.

Evatt has seen enough so he's making 4 more subs - Kachunga, MJ, Dion and Santos coming on.

Dapo Baka Sheehan off and weirdly Toal - who has had a rock solid debut.

14Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadlier now taking on Sheehan's role. Kacha and Dion all over their defence.
Different game now.

15Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last 10 minutes we've had controlĀ  and penned them into their own final third, but apart from one decent cross from Sadlier the final ball has been poor.
Evatt will be furious if we don't win this in the last 15.

16Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crewe break after we give it away again and the shot is on target but weak. At least Dixon didn't manage to throw it into his own net Smile

17Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finally!

A decent through ball to Dion. Still had plenty to do but he slipped in past the CB and the goalie and passed it into the net.

18Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couple of half chances follow - and TBF it's a bit better as the moves are ending in shots on goal but they've all been straight at the goalie. Bradley and Kacha both missing chances that they probably should have put away.

And back to poor final ball as the game starts to get stretched.

19Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lovely goal from Sadlier after a 1 - 2 with Kacha.

Sadlier looks much better in a free 10 role.

20Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Crewe in the EFL Trophy Tue Aug 30 2022, 20:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref has been great tonight - he keeps up with play and doesn't stop the flow unless blatant - has no time for diving.

Since we took the lead, Crewe opened up and we've just scored a 4th - Dion - exploiting the space they'reĀ  leaving.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum