Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

McCarthy to Manage Ipswich

+4
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 10:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Laughing

2McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 10:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have had McCarthy over Dougie.

3McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 12:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If he manages to get that ipswich side in the play offs then my opinion on MM will go up, though I can't see him lasting a season with that lot to be honest they are an aweful team.

4McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 14:05

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It was probably their best bet.

5McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 15:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It took him quite a while to get Wolves up. Two or three seasons, was it? I don't believe he knows this league as well as some make out.

6McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 15:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:It took him quite a while to get Wolves up. Two or three seasons, was it? I don't believe he knows this league as well as some make out.

Just as much as Coyle knew this league inside out!!!!

7McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 15:16

I'm guessing their target isn't to get promoted this season.

8McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Thu Nov 01 2012, 15:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I bet Ipswich fans are just relieved it's not Megson, who on top of being rubbish and vile, is ex-Norwich.

Norwich fans have been having a right laugh at the possibility.

9McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Fri Nov 02 2012, 13:13

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bwfc71 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:It took him quite a while to get Wolves up. Two or three seasons, was it? I don't believe he knows this league as well as some make out.

Just as much as Coyle knew this league inside out!!!!

Why do people go on about 'knowing this league'.

Do teams in this league not play football. Are there differnt rules?

10McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Fri Nov 02 2012, 13:38

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think league experience has a value. Having someone at the helm who has been there and done it before would help. A lot of the championship teams have been yo-yoing in the prem and back down for years. A manager who has faced most of the teams in the league (and beat them) will be a confidence boost for the squad.

11McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Empty Re: McCarthy to Manage Ipswich Fri Nov 02 2012, 15:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

chipbutty wrote:
Why do people go on about 'knowing this league'.

Do teams in this league not play football. Are there differnt rules?

I happen to agree and it annoys me too, but I couldn't think of another way to word what I was getting at.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum