Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt issues injury update ahead of Barnsley clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt issues injury update ahead of Barnsley clash 16043664

Kyle Dempsey and Amadou Bakayoko are back in contention for Wanderers ahead of Saturday’s clash with Barnsley.

Both players were absent from the squad that suffered a 1-0 defeat against Forest Green last weekend.

However, Bakayoko is unlikely to start as he continues to play catch up after racking up the miles while on international duty with Sierra Leone.

Meanwhile, Eoin Toal is unavailable after suffering a thigh strain while playing for the B Team against Lincoln City Reserves earlier this week.

The Whites have dropped out of the top six following back-to-back defeats in League One, although they do still have a game in hand on some of the sides above them.

But Evatt believes there is on need to panic at this stage and was encouraged by his side’s second half display against Forest Green.

“I don’t really think it is about putting things right,” said the Bolton chief. “I don’t think there is a great deal wrong to be honest.

“I think second half against Forest Green, we could have easily scored four or five and on another day would have. It was complete domination.

“When you are there and you see it live and get the chance to watch it back, there wasn’t loads wrong.

“But what I have learned is what I have known all along – that a week in football is a long time."

He added: “We are still a very good team. We have still got the best defensive record in the league and we have got lots to be positive about. I have no issues with where we are at.”

Wanderers failed to score against Cheltenham and Forest Green, and Evatt admits they need more from their strikers. However, he isn’t going to make any rash decisions in terms of his selection.

“I’m always contemplating changes. I think it’s important we don’t have knee-jerk reactions,” the manager explained.

“I’ve had a chat with all the forward players this week, showed them some footage and to be honest, they’ve been told that we need more. It’s open and honest, we just need more.

“I think we’ve scored two goals from open play from our strikers this season (in the league), which for us and the amount of chances we create isn’t acceptable.

“They know that, they all accepted it, they understood it and they want to do more, so let’s hope we see a reaction this Saturday.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum