Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnsley boss Michael Duff: We didn't shut up shop

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barnsley boss Michael Duff: We didn't shut up shop 16050521

Barnsley boss Michael Duff says his side did not “shut up shop” during their goalless draw against Wanderers.

The points were shared at the UniBol, with both sides struggling to carve out opportunities in the final third.

Dion Charles went closest for the Whites, while James Norwood had the Tykes’ best opportunity in the final stages.

Duff was pleased with his side’s defensive efforts but insists they weren’t just playing for a point on the road.

“You are always trying to win the game,” said the Barnsley chief. “We changed the two central midfielders with 20 minutes to go, so it is not a case of settling for a point.

“I think in the 93rd minute, we are the ones with an opportunity to go and win the game. Norwood has had a good opportunity with the header, so it wasn’t a case of ever shutting up shop.

“It is just being difficult to beat, being hard to play against and picking your moments. That is one thing we didn’t do particularly well – we could have picked our moments slightly better.”

He added: “I know Ian [Evatt] is frustrated because he said we kept breaking it up. We didn’t keep breaking it up, the referee kept giving fouls against us which I didn’t think were fouls.”

Wanderers brought on Kyle Dempsey, Kieran Sadlier, Amadou Bakayoko and Aaron Morley during the second half but were unable to break the deadlock.

Evatt’s men managed just one shot on target and have now failed to score in their last three matches in League One.

“You look at the armoury that they have brought off the bench,” said Duff. “They have had one shot on target, I have been told, and that was in the first few minutes.

“It was a pretty routine save for Brad, so [the defenders] have protected him really well.”

The Barnsley boss chose to bring Ziyad Larkeche into his starting line-up and says the decision was influenced by Liverpool loanee Conor Bradley’s quality at wing-back.

“Conor Bradley is an excellent player," he added. "The word is out now. I went to watch Bolton at Cheltenham and they were delighted that he wasn’t playing.

“I know a few people at Bolton from my Burnley days and they were waxing lyrical about him. I thought he was excellent again today.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum