Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sluffy's analysis of the second goal

+3
Sluffy
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sluffy's analysis of the second goal Empty Sluffy's analysis of the second goal Wed Feb 15 2023, 18:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've just been watching the goals on 'goalcam' and spotted a few things which would seem to be a corner kick drill that have been worked on in training and thought some of you might be interested in it.

For the first goal Shoretire has clearly been told to take up a position on the near post (indeed their number 6 was called in from one of the other defenders to mark him).  The corner from the right hand side as we view, the corner was played in near post and was headed to the 'empty' far post for the goal.

Ok anybody could see all that but compare this with the next goal, which was from an almost identical position - corner from the right, Shoretire on the near post, number 6 marking him.  This time though Shoretire moves out, taking the number 6 with him, the corner is played to the back post, drawing the keeper to move to his left, and the header is played into the 'empty' near post area that Shoretire and the defender have just vacated.

If you replay this goal a couple of times you will see Charles signal, by raising his hand, for Bolton players to move towards the ball (even though it was being played long) and also one of the Bolton players deliberately push one of the defenders to the left of the screen, all that is done in order to leave the space vacant where the ball was intended for, and allow one of our attackers a free header.  In fact we ended up with two Bolton players unmarked for the free header.

Clearly this wasn't simply a fluke and something that had been worked on in training.

I also hadn't noticed until I watched goalcam, that the third goal was deflected into the net from off a defender.

Below all the five goals from goalcam.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its about time they started working on set pieces and you can see the results in the last 2 games.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Man crosses ball. Another man heads it into the net.

It really isn't rocket science.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Man crosses ball. Another man heads it into the net.

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Man crosses ball. Another man heads it into the net.

Very Happy

Ah but, if only life was so simple!

As, in the wise words of Bananarama - it ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it, and that's what gets results...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WTF is this purpose of this thread?

Got as far as "Sluffy's anal" before I nodded off.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:WTF is this purpose of this thread?

Behave you  Very Happy

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:WTF is this purpose of this thread?

WTF is the purpose of your response?

If you’re just going to start a war again Lusty stay on WW.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Behave you  Very Happy

Just checking if anyone's awake Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: