Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt heads to training ground to sharpen 'diluted' players for Ipswich clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt heads to training ground to sharpen 'diluted' players for Ipswich clash 16426698

Ian Evatt believes he can iron out some of the kinks in Wanderers’ recent performances with some much-needed time on the training ground.

After a hectic schedule of eight games in 28 days the Bolton boss is looking forward to spending some time at Lostock with his players, and preparations for this weekend’s home game against Ipswich Town will begin in earnest this morning.

Wanderers only face two more games in March – Ipswich followed next Friday by a trip to Sheffield Wednesday, after which they have a break before the Papa Johns Trophy against Plymouth Argyle at Wembley.

After defeat at Portsmouth a week ago and a frustrating draw at Morecambe, the Whites are looking to avoid going three games without a win in the league for only the second time this season.

Evatt has noticed detail in recent performances that needs to be addressed as has yet to spend any significant time on the training ground with some of the players he brought in during January which were plunged quickly into last month’s churn.

“I think over time it does become diluted,” he told The Bolton News. “It is more about keeping us sharp.

“Once you start playing so often it is not just a physical toll on your body but it is a mental drain as well.

“I think the way we play requires you to be mentally clued up and switched on. That split second of sharpness receiving a pass, where the next space is, where the next pass and decision can be made, I think over the last couple of games there have been signs that it has been off a little bit.

“When you play so often it is difficult to get time on the grass. The ones that are not playing are in a really small training ground, the ones that are playing regularly are recovering so they can go again, so we lose that bit of fluidity and rhythm.

“There were some good signs (at Morecambe) but also some not-so-good ones as well and I am looking forward to getting a full week with them now to work with the players, and then the break which is coming up as well, which will really help us.

“Certainly, there is no panic here. We are in a really good place and we are looking forward to the challenges we have got to come.”

Meanwhile, it is understood that Wanderers have sold just shy of 2,000 tickets for their trip to Hillsborough on April 17.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum