Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Ipswich

+6
Natasha Whittam
Mad Dog
bryan458
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 0-2 Ipswich - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Ipswich Sun Mar 12 2023, 12:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not panicking yet but my brain says we are not getting promoted this season. I think we will get that 6th spot but then go out in the play-offs. So, the Pizza Bowl has done us in - hope that's worth it.
As for yesterday the first goal was due to Morley not crossing the ball into the box but passing sideways to Mbete who then gave the ball away. the point is yet again we will not cross when given the chance. 
I agree that the January signings have had zero impact as of now - so where does it leave us. Another season in League One I'm afraid.  If the goal was to improve, then technically a Pizza final and 6th place would be an improvement - Sharon would have a hard time getting rid of Ian on that basis.

22Bolton 0-2 Ipswich - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Ipswich Sun Mar 12 2023, 12:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A poor performance against a good side who look good for automatic promotion to me. We seem to have lost our way, our passing has gone out of the window and we just lump it aimlessly now.

The whole goal kick routine we kept using was comical, we gave the ball away 90% of the time and it clearly didn't work. Jones is not a LWB and should have trusted John there, there was no outlet on the left at all.  Mbete was poor yesterday but so were most of the team to be fair.

We have hit a bad patch at the wrong time, do people think we are really good enough to go up this year? We may well hang on in a play-off position but to me we aren't good enough to go up.

23Bolton 0-2 Ipswich - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Ipswich Mon Mar 13 2023, 14:14

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Easy to be harsh after a performance like that Nat and I completely agree with you that Evatt got the whole team badly wrong against Ipswich. Dropping John, including from the bench in place of the awful Williams was bad enough, but due to the perceived ability of their right winger!! So to do that we play a right footed player who carries no threat and is even more easily turned because he has no left foot anyway. What about the attacking work Declan does? Is that irrelevant then and who on earth would prefer Shoretire, who’s been awful recently, over the always reliable Kieran Lee, especially up against Morsey? As for the playing out from the back. Was this to entice their press further forward because it certainly did and just made it so easy for Ipswich. They must have thought it was their birthday. I’m afraid Evatt believes he’s some kind of tactical genius when in reality he’s a young, inexperienced novice manager and the sooner he realises that, stops thinking he’s adapting us to the opposition and returns to square pegs in square holes and let’s them worry about us, we’ll continue to struggle. I’m sure that Evatt will have learned a big lesson on Saturday and hopefully it will bring home to him that he isn’t Pep and he hasn’t got their players. I actually believe there will be a completely different team and attitude at Hillsborough on Friday and it would not surprise me in the least if the players and Evatt surprise us and win. Call me crazy if you like. 🥴😎

24Bolton 0-2 Ipswich - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Ipswich Mon Mar 13 2023, 14:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum