Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exeter 0-1 Bolton

+6
terenceanne
karlypants
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
boltonbonce
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Exeter 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Exeter 0-1 Bolton Fri Apr 07 2023, 18:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were crap, but it's the result that matters, Exeter away was possibly the biggest banana skin we had left.

22Exeter 0-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Exeter 0-1 Bolton Sat Apr 08 2023, 00:44

Rumpelstiltskin

David Ngog
David Ngog

Whitesince63 wrote:Terrific hard fought performance against an in form attacking Exeter side buoyed on by a big crowd. Given our somewhat makeshift defence top marks to all of them. First half we were far the better side and but for a few poor passes when through could/should have been more than one up but we changed it in the second half for long balls which gave all the emphasis to Exeter. They’re a very good passing and footballing side but some stonewall defending saw us through. Lots of tired minds and legs at the end but 3 very valuable points given the other results so onwards and upwards to Monday now but I really hope Rico fit because if we thought today was an aerial onslaught, Monday will be much worse!!
I agree with most of your points there but I’m not sure we did intentionally change things 2nd half. Exeter came out on the front foot and played in our faces, we weren’t given the time on the ball that they gave us first half and so we ended up playing longer balls due to them pressing us.
We did look tired though as the game wore on. I think we’re going to see similar scrappy performances from here on in. But the results are all that matters now 🤞

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum