Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers Bond

+6
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 01 2023, 01:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Interesting comments by Hart at the four minute mark, where he says 'alongside the bond investment, there is an investment coming in from our current shareholders and our current investor group'...

I wonder if that is via another share issue?

If so it seems they rather have the shares to sell than stick around for 5 years waiting for the bond to mature - otherwise why not simply put their money in the bond scheme like they are encouraging everybody else to do...

Reminds me of the time I once was in a market research group, being asked what do you look for in a toothpaste that you would buy?

Many said the taste, made your breath smell better, strengthens the gums, etc, etc, etc.

When it was my turn I simply said, I ask my dentist what toothpaste he uses and I buy that.

My point being that if Sharon, Luckock, and 'the Swiss', etc would rather invest their money into the club in a way other than buying the bond - then what do they know that we don't?

Anyway the latest 'bond' movie...

42Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 01 2023, 14:56

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

8.5% interest sounds alarm bells.

Send in the Clowns.

43Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 01 2023, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:8.5% interest sounds alarm bells.

Send in the Clowns.

Bonce is busy.

44Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 01 2023, 17:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bonce is busy.
I resent that statement.
Just because I have a big red nose and enormous feet, you think you can belittle me. I was coming to Preston to sort you out, but my car exploded on the hard shoulder. This caused a rather serious incident involving buckets of white paste and several dozen custard pies.
I'm suing for wrongful arrest, and improper use of a saxophone. 
I'll deal with you at a later date.

45Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 01 2023, 17:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:8.5% interest sounds alarm bells.

Send in the Clowns.

Bonce is busy.

Very Happy

46Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 01 2023, 17:36

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I resent that statement.
Just because I have a big red nose and enormous feet, you think you can belittle me. I was coming to Preston to sort you out, but my car exploded on the hard shoulder. This caused a rather serious incident involving buckets of white paste and several dozen custard pies.
I'm suing for wrongful arrest, and improper use of a saxophone. 
I'll deal with you at a later date.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

47Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 09:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers are making a final appeal for investors to their bond scheme, having already raised a massive £4.5million.

The club will not be accepting new applications beyond Thursday, June 15 at 6pm, as each will have to observe a 24-hour cooling-off period.

Around 780 people have put money into the scheme since it was launched in May, with the initial target of £3.5m surpassed in just eight days.

Since then, the total has slowly climbed past the £4.5m mark, with the club promising that all funds raised will be invested in capital projects and squad improvement, with an aim to securing Championship football as quickly as possible.

Resurfacing and drainage work has already been carried out at the Lostock training ground and a new playing surface is currently being laid at the stadium, alongside a new I.T infrastructure which will improve wi-fi in the area and enable the installation of new advertising boards and a new big screen.

The Wanderers Bond will pay a fixed rate of 8.5 per cent interest per annum, payable in cash on the anniversary of the bond along with a 10 per cent bonus payable on the club competing in the Championship from the 2024/25 season.

The Bond is ISA eligible for tax-free returns through an Innovative Finance ISA and requires a minimum investment of £500, and multiples thereof.

Potential investors are warned that there are risks attached to the investment and that they should not put money in unless they are prepared to lose it.

Other privileges have also been supplied by the club- depending on the size of the investment made, from £1,000 to £250,000, including exclusive lapel badges, scarves, VIP tickets and an invitation to an annual bondholders’ event with the manager, chairman and directors.

Speaking about the bond, Sharon Brittan believes the scheme has been a success because the board has shown themselves to be stable and trustworthy since taking the club on in 2019.

"When you do initiatives like the Wanderers Bond - in order to maintain our financial position and be competitive - it will only work if you've got trust around you,” she said.

"To have raised so much in such a short space of time just completely humbles me, and every single penny of that will go back into this football club, every single penny.

"My original four investors in 2019 - and our wonderful Swiss consortium who joined us in early 2022 - thought I was having a midlife crisis. However, thankfully, they bought into the idea that we were going to do things differently in football, alongside creating a platform to do good.

"Suddenly, we've got people coming to us with money, because they believe in what we're doing and they want to be part of this movement and this journey. We're fully funded for the season ahead, and it's extraordinary from where we were.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

48Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 10:55

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"Don't invest unless you are prepared to lose all the money you invest".

You have been warned.

49Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 12:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why do we have the buckets out like this when tin pot clubs like Wigan can attract Saudi oil money.

50Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 12:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Why do we have the buckets out like this when tin pot clubs like Wigan can attract Saudi oil money.
Didn't work too well for Wigan did it? They do always seem to fall on their feet though, the lucky pie eating twats.

I would love to see Bolton with a truly wealthy backer but its a double edged sword and to be honest Sharon Brittan and the investors seem to be doing a great job of putting us back on an even keel.

51Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 12:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
Didn't work too well for Wigan did it? They do always seem to fall on their feet though, the lucky pie eating twats.

I would love to see Bolton with a truly wealthy backer but its a double edged sword and to be honest Sharon Brittan and the investors seem to be doing a great job of putting us back on an even keel.
Have you ever read a simple profit and loss account?

52Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 14:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Have you ever read a simple profit and loss account?
Bore off Bob, my glass eye has gone to sleep again.

53Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 15:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Have you ever read a simple profit and loss account?

Sadly Bob, I suspect that's all you ever do.

Genuine question. Before you take Lady Bobsworth out for a meal do you check out the financial status of the proposed eating establishment?

54Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 16:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Genuine question. Before you take Lady Bobsworth out for a meal do you check out the financial status of the proposed eating establishment?
He can't leave on his own, it's a secure unit.

55Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Thu Jun 15 2023, 20:52

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Nah.
Hygiene rating? Nah. We can both usually spot the dodgy ones without going through the paperwork first. I feel sad for them folk that can't.

56Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Fri Jun 16 2023, 10:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

It's great to be looking up again rather than down but we'll never be in the big time again without proper backing.

57Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Fri Jun 16 2023, 13:47

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Maybe it’s age and because I’ve seen the highs and lows as a fan of the past 45+ years but I’m less interested in us getting back into the Premier League these days. Progress is obviously necessary and I guess the ultimate ambition is to compete with the best but I’m a happier Wanderer when we’re competitive in whatever league we’re in. We belong in League 1 right now and I think we’d have had a miserable season in the Championship if we’d been successful in the play offs. Simply not ready. Enjoying the game is most important to me and losing every week is miserable so I’m quietly enjoying how the club is going about it’s business and happy to trust that they know what they’re doing after years of mismanagement.

58Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Mon Jun 19 2023, 16:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is going to end up with a police investigation a la the SNP mark my words.

59Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Mon Jun 19 2023, 16:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Maybe it’s age and because I’ve seen the highs and lows as a fan of the past 45+ years but I’m less interested in us getting back into the Premier League these days. Progress is obviously necessary and I guess the ultimate ambition is to compete with the best but I’m a happier Wanderer when we’re competitive in whatever league we’re in. We belong in League 1 right now and I think we’d have had a miserable season in the Championship if we’d been successful in the play offs. Simply not ready. Enjoying the game is most important to me and losing every week is miserable so I’m quietly enjoying how the club is going about it’s business and happy to trust that they know what they’re doing after years of mismanagement.
:agree:

60Wanderers Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanderers Bond Tue Jul 11 2023, 08:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Hart labelled the Wanderers Bond “a terrific success” and says the club will benefit from it on and off the pitch.

981 investors decided to partake in the bond scheme, which was launched in May and has generated more than £4.5million in total.

Chief executive Hart hailed the “amazing level of investment” and says it will allow the Whites to carry out “important” work to the stadium and training ground.

The investment will also support the club’s transfer business as Ian Evatt’s side aim to build on their fifth-place finish in League One last season.

“The Bond scheme has been a terrific success and we would like to thank everyone who has taken the opportunity to invest and back the club in this way,” he told the club website.

“To generate just in excess of £4.5million is an amazing level of investment and will allow us to further support the playing side of the club and carry out important infrastructure projects at the stadium and training ground.

“We will provide an update on those works in due course, as well making contact ahead of the new season with all Bondholders to underline the privileges and benefits they will now receive as a result of their commitment.

“We are grateful to so many supporters and new investors for backing the club in this way and joining us on this journey - on and off the pitch - Bolton Wanderers are on.”

Wanderers say the improvements they intend to make across the club are aimed at “aiding playing performance, increasing revenue streams and enhancing supporter experience”.

Investors in the bond scheme will receive a bonus should the club compete in the Championship from the 2024/25 season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum