Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharon Brittan's Bolton pledge after narrow play-off defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sharon Brittan's Bolton pledge after narrow play-off defeat 16805213

Sharon Brittan has shared a message to supporters after Wanderers’ season came to an end at Oakwell.

The Whites suffered a narrow 2-1 aggregate defeat against the Tykes in the play-off semi-final, missing out on a return to Wembley.

Brittan is proud of the progress the club has made this season and is confident they can keep heading in the right direction.

“I came away from Barnsley on Friday evening feeling immense pride with the way you showed your support for the players right at the end of the game,” she told the club website.

“There is no doubt that we are all deeply disappointed that we weren’t able to extend our season for just one more match - a winner takes all showdown at Wembley Stadium this weekend.

​​“But it wasn’t to be and when that disappointment drifts away, which it will, we can all reflect on just what a season it has been in a division that has been immensely competitive.

​​“That we gave ourselves a chance to get promoted is a clear sign of the progress we have made on the pitch under Ian Evatt and his staff. ​Let me promise you something: that progress will not plateau.

​​“Ian is a born winner and we as a board won’t leave any stone unturned in matching his ambition by taking this club back to where it belongs.”

Wanderers have already sold more season tickets for next season than any other campaign since the Premier League days.

​​“Those special memories we have already created together - fans, players and staff - are just the beginning and there is so much more to come,” Brittan added.

“​​I truly believe that next season will create even more amazing moments for us all. ​With a record number of season tickets sold already, we know that your backing will be even stronger.

​​“I cannot wait for the new season to begin where even more memories will be created together. Our journey will remain steadfast and where ever the road leads us we will walk it together.

​​“Thank you for your support this season, enjoy the summer with your families and we will see you again in August.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum