Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs!

+2
Sluffy
Norpig
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers have today completed the signing of Josh Dacres-Cogley on a two-year deal.

The wing-back joins the Whites after two seasons with Tranmere Rovers where he was a standout performer throughout his time on the Wirral – and was ever-present during last season’s League Two campaign.

After coming through the ranks of Birmingham City, Dacres-Cogley went on to appear nine times in the Championship for the Blues, with his debut coming against Fulham in 2017.

At 27 years of age, the pacey defender has committed the next two seasons to Wanderers in a deal which he says he couldn’t turn down.

“When Bolton come to you, you can’t really turn them down because of the size of the club and the history”, he said.

“I’m really excited to be here. Bolton is such a massive club, and I can’t wait to get started now.

“You can sense the energy and you can see that this is a club moving forward. I wanted to be a part of that.”

Dacres-Cogley clocked ten assists and two goals during his time at Tranmere with his lightning overlapping pace becoming a trademark at Prenton Park.

And those attributes are something which both Dacres-Cogley and Ian Evatt see as a benefit to the Whites next season.

“I’m a marauding full back who likes to get up and down the pitch to help out with assists, as well as trying to get on the score sheet so hopefully the fans will see that from me.

“I had a good chat with the manager not long ago and he’s seen what I can do in terms of my pace and helping the team out.”

Playing consistent matches over the last two seasons has been a vital step in his football career says Dacres-Cogley, and that exposure to a variety of challenges will stand the defender in good stead as he eyes success at the Toughsheet Community Stadium.

“It’s been great for me to play consistently over the past few seasons, gaining that experience and learning a lot from it.

“I watched the Play-Offs and I also played against Bolton last season in the Papa Johns, so I had an idea on what the team is about. I want to come in and help us push even further.

“It’s a good opportunity for me to come here and be successful.”

2OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:15 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just for Nat another new thread for a new signing  Very Happy

Not sure why my twitter link isn't showing properly above though?

3OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:29 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Just for Nat another new thread for a new signing  Very Happy

Not sure why my twitter link isn't showing properly above though?

Something seems to have changed on the site for posting tweets some months back.

The way to do it now is to find the tweet you want to copy, and click on it so you aren't in a thread and just viewing the actual tweet you want.

Then at the top of the forum you will see a long line of letters, symbols and numbers in the long oblong box above, which is the 'address' of the tweet,

Click on it and copy it.

Then click on the symbol above of where you type in your post - the one that is of a box with an arrow pointing left and another pointing right (this is the URL icon).

You then simply paste what you had copied into there and then press the 'insert' button.

It sounds really complicated but it honestly isn't.

Once you've done it the first time, you should have any problems doing it again (providing you make sure by clicking on to the tweet, that it is the original tweet and not in some thread elsewhere).

4OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:17 am

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Charlie Hayes-Green and Josh Dacres-Cogley? When are we going in for Nigel Ponsonby-Smallpiece?

5OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:58 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

27 year old with no great track record playing at a mid-table League 2 club. Tranmere fans don't seem arsed he is leaving.

What could go wrong?

6OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him.

7OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:56 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Never heard of him.

Get your own catchphrase.

8OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Josh Dacres-Cogley signs! Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:54 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers move suits me down to a tee, says new boy Josh Dacres-Cogley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Josh Dacres-Cogley believes he can be the perfect fit for Wanderers this season.

The pacy wing-back believes he has signed at the right time for Bolton, having stepped down from the Championship with Birmingham City to play in League Two with Tranmere Rovers for the last two seasons.

Ian Evatt kept tabs on his progress and moved to sign him as a free transfer at the end of his contract at Prenton Park.

Dacres-Cogley is confident he has stepped up not only to a level of football in which he can be comfortable but also a style of football which will bring out the best in him.

“Sometimes you have to take a step back, and I did that from Birmingham, went and proved myself again,” he said.

“I feel like I tried to do that at Tranmere and hopefully it pays off and I can do well here.

“I think speaking to the gaffer, how he wants the team to play, what he wants my role to be, I think it suited me down to a tee. It is a great opportunity to join this team and be successful.”

Dacres-Cogley played against Wanderers early last season and went on to feature in every minute of every league game for Tranmere.

He is keen to return to Championship level, where he played 23 times after coming through the ranks at Birmingham. And having seen Evatt’s side up close, he is sure Bolton is the right place to match his ambition.

“I watched the play-offs and played against Bolton early on in the season in the Papa Johns, so I knew what the team was about and that is what drew me to it,” he said.

“I know the way they play and that they are a club on the up, so it is perfect for me to come in, try and help and get that next achievement.”

Wanderers have shelved their interest in Bristol City wing-back Kane Wilson and are now pursuing other targets.

Reports down south claim the Robins are confident there will be enough interest from elsewhere to move Wilson on even though they could not strike a deal with Bolton.

Meanwhile, former Wanderers midfielder Matt Taylor was set to be appointed as manager of League One rivals Shrewsbury Town, as we went to press.

The 41-year-old had coaching experience at Tottenham after taking a caretaker post at Swindon in 2018. He then spent nearly a year in charge at Walsall before leaving the Midlands club in February 2022.

Taylor succeeds Steve Cotterill, who left Shrewsbury this summer after two-and-a-half years in charge. It is not yet clear whether Cotterill’s assistant, former Bolton striker Aaron Wilbraham, will be offered a post in the new management set-up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum