Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Gethin Jones signs new 3 year contract

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure he get in the starting back 3 next season but good as a back up CB and RWB.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Logically they aren't going to give someone a three year deal if they've only pencilled him in as 'cover'.

The thinking must be that he will play regularly, at least over the next two years OR that they believe some club will be in for him and they will have to pay top dollar for him because he has three years left to run on his contract - clearly that scenario won't be happening.

So maybe the thinking is that the back three will rotate over the season - possibly on a horses for courses type thing dependant on who we play and what style football they play OR alternatively maybe they would be expecting one of Rico, Johnston, Toal or Iredale to be sold soon perhaps?

We do seem to have a solid back three (from those five players) for the division we are in but if we are really looking to go up next season is it really good enough for the Championship with players like Jones still having two years of his three still to run?

Going off at a tangent somewhat, it seems we are now handing out three year contracts to tie players to the club, so I guess FV are budgeting to be around here for the next three years?

Maybe they are - but it conflicts with Sharon's statement that her original plan was to stay just for 3 years (we are now on the fourth) or perhaps a little longer.

The club is still not financially sustainable and will make a trading loss for last season and no doubt will again for this season coming.

The development of the land around the Reebok (Tough Sheet) has seemingly gone very quiet - as far as I know at least - anybody seen any construction work going on?

So what exactly is the plan - and how do the likes of Luckock and the Swiss investors get a return on their investment (assuming Michael Jones and Sharon are in it for the long run)?

I've said all along that I don't see what the end plan is.

Seems though whatever it is, is now (presumably) budgeted (and financed?) for at least the next three years - hence the current plan to tie down 'key' players for that length of time.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the plan is to get the buckets out aka the bond to cover the vast losses. 

They will deal with all the legal troubles later.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Jones selected for Australian squad to play in the Asian Cup competition so will be unavailable for a month or so starting in January.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could have been worse, Iredale could have been called up as well. We have Forrester who looks decent every time i've seen him play, wouldn't be surprised if we try and get a loan in for another CB though.

My other team St Pauli are going to struggle without Irvine and Metcalfe, just when they are pushing for promotion as well.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Could have been worse, Iredale could have been called up as well. We have Forrester who looks decent every time i've seen him play, wouldn't be surprised if we try and get a loan in for another CB though.

My other team St Pauli are going to struggle without Irvine and Metcalfe, just when they are pushing for promotion as well.
'Other team'?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are German and left wing Boncey, you would love them   Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Didn't we sell them a player Norpig for half a million?

How is he doing out there?

This  is bad I can't remember his name.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:Didn't we sell them a player Norpig for half a million?

How is he doing out there?

This  is bad I can't remember his name.

Dapo Afolayan

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks Sluffy.

It's weird how you can have a blank moment, then 5 minutes later when you are involved in something else entirely the answer pings up in your mind.

How could I forget Dapo?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:They are German and left wing Boncey, you would love them   Very Happy
Brilliant home shirt. Count me in, Norpig! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum