Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt's transfer patience plea

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ian Evatt's transfer patience plea  Empty Ian Evatt's transfer patience plea Mon Jul 10 2023, 09:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt's transfer patience plea  16980031

Ian Evatt believes patience will be needed across the board at Wanderers in the coming weeks as the club looks to land the players needed to make a promotion push.

The Bolton boss has a plan in place to sign new players – with a right wing-back and at least one more central midfielder believed to be high on his list of targets.

Injuries to George Johnston and Eoin Toal could also force him into the loan market for defensive cover but with completing cash signings the priority, Evatt admits he is having to bite his lip as he waits to bring in the players he wants.

“We know where we are light and where we need to recruit,” he told The Bolton News.

“It is a tough job and it takes time. To get the level of player we want you have to be very, very patient.

“As I have said before we have kind of moved past the free transfer market now, which means there is not only negotiations to be had with the player and their representation, but also the selling club. And with that there is a domino effect, they need replacements and that takes more time.

“I think come the start of the season we will be ready.”

Wanderers have already had a couple of false starts, with deals to sign St Mirren’s Keanu Baccus and Bristol City’s Kane Wilson abandoned at the last moment.

The club has show shifted their sights to players of a similar ilk but Evatt has warned that it will not happen overnight.

“It is very much a different type of recruitment and have already had a few snags this summer, that’s the nature of the beast, things happen that you don’t expect,” he said.

“We have to be strong enough to move on and go to the next target. Chris (Markham) and his team have done incredible work and we know exactly what positions we want to fill and what both players look like.

“So, all I need now is some patience from everyone to get the right ones in.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum