Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evatt shares update on Bodvarsson injury against Salford

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt shares update on Bodvarsson injury against Salford 17030848

Ian Evatt has revealed Jon Dadi Bodvarsson picked up a hamstring strain during the 2-1 win at Salford – but says it “doesn’t look too serious” at this stage.

Bodvarsson was forced off midway through the first half at the Peninsula Stadium, with Victor Adeboyejo coming on in his place.

The Icelander has had a torrid run of injury luck over the past 12 months, missing the second half of last term after needing ankle surgery.

Wanderers came from behind to record a 2-1 victory against Neil Wood’s side, with George Thomason and Aaron Morley both getting on the scoresheet.

“It looks like a bit of a hamstring strain,” said Evatt. “It doesn’t look too serious but obviously at this late stage of pre-season, it is not ideal.”

Callum Hendry opened the scoring for the Ammies early in the second half, firing home after twisting and turning in the box.

“We should have been 3-0 up after 10 minutes! We had some really good chances and moments,” the boss continued.

“I thought they did a lot of good things in the game. They asked us a lot of questions and that is what we want.

“I like Neil’s ideas of what he wants to do, I am fully supportive of that and enjoy watching it. We had to find the right solutions, sometimes not always with the ball. It is without it as well.

“From our perspective, it is once again being more ruthless and clinical. We know goals change games and we should have been out of sight in 10 minutes.”

Evatt felt it was the most his side has been tested in pre-season and believes it will serve them well ahead of Tuesday night’s clash with Premier League Everton.

“From the players’ perspective, that was the most educational game we have had in pre-season," he added. "It was probably the most questions we have been asked.

“For all of Salford’s aesthetically pleasing play, I don’t think they created a great deal off the top of my head, and we still did.

“It is another step towards our end goal, which is being ready for Lincoln on August 5.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum