Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden suffered a “a one in a million injury”

+3
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The next morning, Bolton’s team doctor showed up unannounced at Holden’s apartment. This can’t be good, he thought. And it wasn’t. While the physical appearance of the injury was awful enough, the damage inside was worse.

The doctor, Holden says, “was nearly in tears” while explaining that he’d suffered an extremely rare break at the end of his femur — what his surgeon later called “a one in a million injury” that was going to cost him six to nine months of intensive rehab. “I think I’m a case study now,”

Holden jokes, showing off scars on both the front and back of his knee. “At least I’m famous for something.”

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jonny Evans is a wanker.

#justsaying

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: “At least I’m famous for something.”

Being the biggest waste of money ever?

And before you get your y-fronts in a twist, we've paid him £20k+ per week for several years and got less than 30 games out of him.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

And before you get your y-fronts in a twist, we've paid him £20k+ per week for several years and got less than 30 games out of him.

The why don't you blmae Johnny Evans - as he is the one that has put him out for this long!! None of this is Holden's doing.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Being the biggest waste of money ever?

What's Dean Holdsworth got to do with this?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

The why don't you blmae Johnny Evans - as he is the one that has put him out for this long!! None of this is Holden's doing.

He's had about 3 long-term injuries since he signed, can we blame them all on Evans?

I once broke my ankle and played on, yet he takes 12 months off with a deep cut.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I assume you didn't read the article?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I assume you didn't read the article?

If I don't see "Daily Mail" in one of your links I don't click it.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Change the record.

If he does manage to get back to the level he was at he's far and away our best player. Who's to say he won't come back and repay our faith by spending the rest of his career driving our midfield forward?

You can whine once he's left.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

:agree:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Change the record.

If he does manage to get back to the level he was at he's far and away our best player. Who's to say he won't come back and repay our faith by spending the rest of his career driving our midfield forward?

I agree he's our best player by a mile. But he's been injured far too often to be classed as a good signing. I dread to think the amount of money we've spent on his wages and treatment while he's sat at home Tweeting.

Good player, but with hindsight an awful signing.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes on just above one million a year, and considering each place back in the Prem was worth £800,000 and he at least got us one higher place, if not 2 or 3 with only with his 30 games we probably haven't lost that much on him.

Buying Mears cost us more than a year of Holdens wages.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden can hardly be blamed for getting injured. Next you will be blaming Fabrice for having a heart attack.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Change the record.

I agree he's our best player by a mile. But he's been injured far too often to be classed as a good signing. I dread to think the amount of money we've spent on his wages and treatment while he's sat at home Tweeting.

Good player, but with hindsight an awful signing.

Too early to say 'awful signing' he was on a free and he could come back and play consistently for years to come. Look at Van Persie nobody gave him a chance of staying injury free, plus Holden's surely used all his bad luck now!

I'd still say he's a good signing, obviously not in terms of wages, but without him we would never of had that great start to 10/11 when Elmander looked like a world beater and we were on fire. Granted it didn't last long but considering our success since Allardyce this has been the only bright spot in years!

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Holden can hardly be blamed for getting injured. Next you will be blaming Fabrice for having a heart attack.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum